Main Menu

Phish

Started by capt. scotty, Dec 24, 2010, 12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jan 12, 2012, 09:21 PM
Quote from: br00ke on Jan 11, 2012, 03:21 PM
i hit all four shows @ MSG and sorta didn't think this run was all that great. there were definitely some hot moments but no show had a solid start to finish flow (at least for me).

sounds like they will be returning to bethel for memorial day. if your an east coaster / in the area and are a phish fan, you should definitely make these shows. i went last year and it was sheer perfection ... super fabulous venue (site of orig. woodstock), gorgeous farm country, easy drive up from NYC, and really sweet locals (every night we had little old ladies standing by the entrance waving and saying good night and thanks for coming). there are a ton of vacation rentals up there and it makes for a perfect long weekend get away be it with your crew of friends or for a family. we rented a bunch of cottages with the most badass owner ... on the last night she had a huge bon fire waiting for us by the pond when we got back from the show :thumbsup: i had alot of friends bring their kids too - babies, toddlers, etc... everyone had a fantastic time.

I hear ya about the NYE run. I thought the atmosphere was fun and all, but as a rather recent and largely phish uneducated fan, I thought it had a bit of a 'greatest hits' show feel. Can't really explain it, but it didn't feel as special as I thought it would.

I was at Bethel for 2 nights last year and had a blast. That venue is amazing. Very beautiful and clean. The bathrooms were so fucking clean that I took a dump just for the hell of it. I'll most likely be back again if they do indeed play Bethel this year.
I'm going to try to work that sentence into more conversations. Thanks for making my day!

iLikeBeer

Anybody hear the news that Trey is teaming up with some members from The National for his next solo project?  That should be some good stuff.   :thumbsup:

walterfredo

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Jan 13, 2012, 12:01 PM
Anybody hear the news that Trey is teaming up with some members from The National for his next solo project?  That should be some good stuff.   :thumbsup:

looking forward to hearing it.  He came out with the National at a show in NYC recently. 

ALady

Supposedly they are confirmed for Roo.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

evilurges86

Quote from: ALady on Jan 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
Supposedly they are confirmed for Roo.

I heard that too... still waitin on details
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

br00ke

phish to play atlantic city .. june 15-17th. or so it seems.

walterfredo

Vegas last weekend in March
Quote from: br00ke on Jan 14, 2012, 09:55 AM
or so it seems.

e_wind

The inforoo member insider confirmed them for roo. I've never seen him/her make false claims, but I rarely check. I'm gonna say its happening though n
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ALady

Woooooow.....

johnnYYac

Quote from: jones on Feb 13, 2012, 02:28 PM
OMGosh!!!
http://phish.com/#/news/2012/13/phish-junta-deluxe-3-lp-vinyl-available-for-record-store-day

:bath:
I don't know Phish at all, own only one of their albums, on CD (couldn't tell you the name, its pretty recent).  Would this Junta LP be a good move for a Phish noob?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

joey_rogo

so yeah, plenty of possibilities for an upstate NYer on the summer tour. SPAC is a definite. :thumbsup:

jones

Deer Creek, baby!

ALady

Requests in for Alpine!

br00ke

i'm feeling so meh about this 1st leg tour. jones beach for 4th of july? barf!!! and SPAC? double barf. oh right, and no bethel. as of now i'm only going to concern myself with jones beach b/c it's right here and i'll be off work, might as well. my friends tell me i'll also be going to atlantic city but we'll see. i'd like to see what the 2nd leg holds and i'm actually thinking i might be doing less phish and more other things this year. jazzfest & newport folk for starters  :thumbsup:

i heard a bethel for labor day rumor (instead of dick's in CO). that'd be swell but that'd really dick over the non-northeastern folks. pun intended.

oh and i'd love to see a little SE run. i'd prefer to do a little raleigh>charlotte>atl over SPAC and such.

walterfredo

I hate the Bill Graham Civic, but beggars can't be choosers...

8/15/12    Long Beach Arena    Long Beach, CA    $60.00 GA Floor and Reserved Seating Stands
8/17/12    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium    San Francisco, CA    $60.00 General Admission
8/18/12    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium    San Francisco, CA    $60.00 General Admission
8/19/12    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium    San Francisco, CA    $60.00 General Admission
8/22/12    Starlight Theatre    Kansas City, MO    $60.00 Reserved Seating
8/24/12    Oak Mountain Amphitheatre    Birmingham, AL    $60.00 Reserved and $45.00 Reserved
8/25/12    Aarons Amphitheatre at Lakewood    Atlanta, GA    $60.00 GA Pit, $60.00 Reserved and $45.00 GA Lawn
8/26/12    Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre    Charlotte, NC    $60.00 GA Pit, $60.00 Reserved and $45.00 GA Lawn
8/28/12    Chaifetz Arena    St. Louis, MO    $60.00 GA Floor and Reserved Seating Stands
8/29/12    Zoo Amphitheatre    Oklahoma City, OK    $60.00 GA Pit and General Admission
8/31/12    Dick's Sporting Goods Park**    Commerce City, CO    $60.00 GA Floor and $49.75 GA Stands
9/1/12    Dick's Sporting Goods Park**    Commerce City, CO    $60.00 GA Floor and $49.75 GA Stands
9/2/12    Dick's Sporting Goods Park**    Commerce City, CO    $60.00 GA Floor and $49.75 GA Stands

br00ke

i have a wedding in the denver area on 9/8/12 so i'm thinking head out for the last two nights @ Dicks >> spend the week in CO ** >> friends wedding

** i've never ever been to the great state of CO so i'm pretty stoked and i have a ton of friends in the Denver area that i've never gone to visit since they moved there :thumbsup: let's hope bossman is down with that plan !!

pawpaw

I know all you East Coasters have better things to do on NYE  :rolleyes:, but is anyone going to MSG?

Spotify has made it easy to listen to great Phish at work (it seems like most or all of the official, live releases are on there), so I've been getting into a little Phish this week. I listened to Chicago '94 a couple days ago, looking at 7/15/98 for later today.

Good Phish is good.  :cool:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Murph

So any Phish phans still around here?  I've never seen them before and am going tomorrow night at MSG. What can I expect?