Shows that are coming up

Started by pennylane, Dec 29, 2010, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Add me to the list of folks absolutely gutted at all these show cancelations, particularly Sturgill next week! Looks like most of Sturgill's shows still have tickets on sale, but with Live Nation and AEG directing all artists to pull the plug, I cannot see a way the tour will continue.

Just praying Sturgill finishes the tour after this wave is over. From his pre-tour interviews, it sure sounded like this was gonna be it for him on the road!

walterfredo

Quote from: oistheone on Mar 12, 2020, 05:16 PMFrom his pre-tour interviews, it sure sounded like this was gonna be it for him on the road!

ever? or for a while? I don't follow him too much.

oistheone

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 12, 2020, 05:20 PM
Quote from: oistheone on Mar 12, 2020, 05:16 PMFrom his pre-tour interviews, it sure sounded like this was gonna be it for him on the road!

ever? or for a while? I don't follow him too much.

Sounded like ever, but may have just been pre-tour big talk.

The full interview is well-worth reading!

https://uproxx.com/indie/sturgill-simpson-interview-sound-and-fury-tour/

Cameron

Sturgill has been pretty consistent since he broke that he planned on doing a few albums and then walking away. He definitely still sounds like that but to do that he'll have to make up these arena shows for sure.

parkervb

Quote from: Cameron on Mar 12, 2020, 10:24 PMSturgill has been pretty consistent since he broke that he planned on doing a few albums and then walking away. He definitely still sounds like that but to do that he'll have to make up these arena shows for sure.

they are refunding money so I don't know if he has to or not.
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

Yeesh! I still haven't gotten an email about Austin.

Mr. White

03/14/2020 - Kasim Sulton (Todd Rundgren's Utopia) - Ludlow Garage - Cincinnati - Postponed

04/28/2020 - Son Volt - Headliners - Louisville - Rescheduled (I did not attend.)

05/23/2020 - John Prine - Palace Theater - Louisville - Cancelled

08/01/2020 - Roger Waters "This Is Not A Drill" Tour - Cincinnati - Rescheduled for 08/02/2022

09/29/2020 - Tenacious D - Taft Theatre - Cincinnati - Cancelled
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

Glad I got to see Wussy last Friday night in Cincinnati because it will probably be my last show for a while.

I watched that Love Rocks NYC show two nights ago. Got to see Derek and Susan sing with Jackson Browne and got to see Chris and Rich Robinson with the house band. Even David Letterman made an appearance!!!

I love that the show went on without an audience and we got to stream it. I doubt that will happen with too many others.

The biggest heartbreaker of this whole Covid epidemic is losing the NCAA tournament this year!!! Louisville was set to go far and I feel so bad for the many seniors on our team who didn't know that last game was really their last game ever. 😢

johnnYYac

Mar 20  Bob Mould @ The Mill, Iowa City, IA  postponed
Mar 22  Silversun Pickups @ The Sylvee, Madison, WI  postponed
Apr 03  Jeff Ross & Dave Atell @ Hoyt Sherman Place, Des Moines, IA
Apr 10  Sturgill Simpson @ Coliseum at Alliant Energy Center, Madison, WI  rescheduled
Apr 14  Bill Nye @ University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
Apr 24  Paula Poundstone @ Englert Theater, Iowa City, IA
Apr 25  Kansas @ Adler Theater, Davenport, IA
May 02  M. Ward @ Majestic Majestic Theatre, Madison, WI  cancelled
May 03  Tig Notaro @ Englert Theater, Iowa City, IA
May 12  Sturgill Simpson @ Coliseum at Alliant Energy Center, Madison, WI
May 16  William Elliot Whitmore @ Englert Theater, Iowa City, IA
May 30  Tame Impala @ Fiserv Forum, Milwaukee, WI
Jun 20   Jason Isbell w/Strand of Oaks, The Rust Belt, East Moline, IL
Aug 07  Shovels & Rope @ Codfish Hollow Barnstormers, Maquoketa, IA
Aug 13  Built To Spill @ Codfish Hollow Barnstormers, Maquoketa, IA
Sep 05-06  Futurebirds @ Teamwork Retreat, Pilot Cove, NC
Sep 17  Wilco w/Trampled By Turtles, Water Works Park, Des Moines, IA
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

None of us are seeing anything until mid-May at the earliest. I'm guessing it'll be longer.

slappymoe

Quote from: Cameron on Mar 15, 2020, 09:00 PMNone of us are seeing anything until mid-May at the earliest. I'm guessing it'll be longer.
i had been clinging to hope that this madness would die down just in time for my april 23 who show.   could have been a big celebration of things getting back to normal and all that.

nope. now i just hope they reschedule, not cancel.

walterfredo

LBSUNFLWR

The three festivals in Louisville at the end of September have all been canceled. 

I think I'm glad they never released the lineup for Bourbon and Beyond. It's less disappointing not knowing what I missed. They've done a great job with that lineup every year so far. I'm ready to see MMJ headline that festival next.

LBSUNFLWR

I was supposed to be in Nashville this weekend for my first JRAD show.
That hurt.

jttouch2

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 26, 2020, 11:32 AMI was supposed to be in Nashville this weekend for my first JRAD show.
That hurt.
I was gonna be there with ya. Life is so much tougher not having shows/things to look forward to. Hope we can find a solution/a way back to community soon.

slappymoe

the thing about three of my cancellations.....

cold hard fact is, the who, the stones, and roger waters are senior citizens. no guarantees how much longer these guys will be willing, or able, to continue.

no guarantees for me, either.

thankfully, golf courses are still open.  only thing keeping me sane.

LBSUNFLWR

Yeah, my first ever Stones show was canceled too. 😔

Mr. White

Well, since I've finally begun getting out and going to shows, I thought I'd refresh this thread for all you other music die-hards in here and out there.

(First two shows back for me since the beginning of the Coronavirus Pandemic were: My Morning Jacket - Lexington - 08/28/2021 & St. Louis 11/2/2021.)

12/10/2021 - Ben Sollee & Daniel Martin Moore - Happy Hollerdays (Celebrating the holidays Appalachian style with music, dance and storytelling curated by Ben Sollee and Daniel Martin Moore. Enjoy performances from some of Kentucky's best contemporary musicians, authors and creatives.) - Bomhard Theater - Kentucky Center For The Arts - Louisville

12/16/2021 - Ben Sollee & Daniel Martin Moore - Happy Hollerdays (Celebrating the holidays Appalachian style with music, dance and storytelling curated by Ben Sollee and Daniel Martin Moore. Enjoy performances from some of Kentucky's best contemporary musicians, authors and creatives.) - Alhambra Theatre - Hopkinsville, Kentucky

01/14/2022 - Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - Louisville Palace

03/04/2022 - TOOL - KFC Yum! Center - Louisville

08/02/2022 - Roger Waters - Heritage Bank Center - Cincinnati

Mr. White

01/14/2022 - Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit - Louisville Palace

03/04/2022 - TOOL - KFC Yum! Center - Louisville

03/11/2022 - Steve Vai - Old Forester's Paristown Hall - Louisville

08/02/2022 - Roger Waters - Heritage Bank Center - Cincinnati

Cameron

1/14 Deer Tick & Trampled by Turtles