Pearl Jam Destination Concert

Started by CTdeadhead, Jan 06, 2011, 07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Brad opened up for BoH recently and I thought they were so terrible.

edit: by they I mean Brad, but BoH sucked live too.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ALady

I wasn't super impressed with Brad when I saw them last fall - but dang, you thought BoH sucked live? 
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ralph

Gonna have to decide if we come over for this or the 25th anniversary Bridge Benefit. Bridge is slightly ahead, but I guess location and line up will be the deciding factor. If Neil or MMJ or both play then I would say that would push PJ20 over the line.

Its a high-class problem to have I guess!!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

Crowes74

Last time I seen PJ in Chicago Ed said they did all they could to book those two shows at alpine valley.  It would make since to see them play a few nights up there. 

Will try to make it if it's anywhere near Chicago, Indy, or St.Lou.

ALady

A tad bit more information...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-details-on-pearl-jams-20th-anniversary-blowout-20110120

Around the time that Crowe's movie opens in late summer, Pearl Jam are planning a massive "weekend bash," as Curtis calls it, somewhere in the middle of the country. Details are still being worked out, but it will probably be a two-day event involving multiple bands and Pearl Jam headlining both nights. "We've played enough festivals that we know what makes them exciting," says Ament. "We want to give people places to go that aren't necessarily musical – second stages and all that kind of stuff. We're asking our friends if they want to play a couple of shows with us."

The group plans special sets at the festival, but don't expect to hear any of their classic albums performed straight through. "We talk about that stuff," says Ament. "For me, personally, it starts to become a little bit of a nostalgia thing. I remember we once did Ten start to finish and it didn't work very well because it was kind of a little bit too down...I think we did a good enough job of mixing up the sets every night that we give people a taste of every record."

e_wind

I want this to be officially announced. Im trying to hold off on Waka and Roo tickets til I know about this so I know how much and if its close enough to make it out to.

mahg33ta

other bands playing at this,  huh?  Is it too much to dream for MMJ ?!?!?!?

e_wind

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 22, 2011, 02:53 PM
other bands playing at this,  huh?  Is it too much to dream for MMJ ?!?!?!?

I think its totally plausible. I mean how many bands are in the bonus features of PJ dvds?! To see a 2 day PJ extravaganza featuring the only band I like more PJ would be amazing.

ALady

I was talking to a friend about this this morning...seems like they could go a couple different ways with this.  Either do a straight up grunge/nostalgia fest and get Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Mudhoney...maybe a Temple of the Dog reunion, or a Mother Love Bone tribute with different singers subbing in.  Orrrrrr they could try to be a little more current/relevant and go with the bands they've had open for them recently - Band of Horses, MMJ, Kings of Leon, Sleater-Kinney...

Who knows, who knows!

weeniebeenie

Quote from: ALady on Jan 22, 2011, 06:10 PM
I was talking to a friend about this this morning...seems like they could go a couple different ways with this.  Either do a straight up grunge/nostalgia fest and get Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Mudhoney...maybe a Temple of the Dog reunion, or a Mother Love Bone tribute with different singers subbing in.  Orrrrrr they could try to be a little more current/relevant and go with the bands they've had open for them recently - Band of Horses, MMJ, Kings of Leon, Sleater-Kinney...

Who knows, who knows!
I think it would most likely be newer bands and friends they've made who would play.
Though if Soundgarden did I might explode. :o
How loud can silence get?

joe v

Looking forward to hearing who else will be playing & where & when this event will be taking place :-X. I need my PJ fix 8).
My Perfect Day = Snowboarding on a powder day in the trees & listening to my favorite music.

buymycar

The Strokes are another possibility.  Julian worships Eddie.

mahg33ta

I just hope they reveal plans pretty soon, while there's time to plan around it.

lucylew

Word.  I need details so I can block the dates.  Hoping for MMJ and Alice in Chains.  Not sure how I feel about Soundgarden or Temple of the Dog.  Chris Cornell came out during the L.A III show in 2009 and did Hunger Strike with the band.  It was not good.  Well, Ed and the band sounded great.  Chris, not so much.

buymycar

Quote from: lucylew on Jan 29, 2011, 02:19 AM
Word.  I need details so I can block the dates.  Hoping for MMJ and Alice in Chains.  Not sure how I feel about Soundgarden or Temple of the Dog.  Chris Cornell came out during the L.A III show in 2009 and did Hunger Strike with the band.  It was not good.  Well, Ed and the band sounded great.  Chris, not so much.

Really?  Were you there?  I was, and I thought Chris sounded fantastic.  Then I got the bootleg and thought he sounded not so good.  Maybe I wasn't the best judge at the show because I was going apeshit that they (1) brought out Chris Cornell and (2) were playing HUNGER STRIKE!  And then McCready passes his guitar to Jerry Cantrell for the Alive solo!?!  I had to pick up my face on the way out.

e_wind

Did you all know that the PJ20 documentary is being made by Cameron Crowe? Bad Ass.

lucylew

Quote from: buymycar on Jan 29, 2011, 02:53 AM

Really?  Were you there?  I was, and I thought Chris sounded fantastic.  Then I got the bootleg and thought he sounded not so good.  Maybe I wasn't the best judge at the show because I was going apeshit that they (1) brought out Chris Cornell and (2) were playing HUNGER STRIKE!  And then McCready passes his guitar to Jerry Cantrell for the Alive solo!?!  I had to pick up my face on the way out.

I was there.  At first I was excited - he looked great!  I did not, however, think he sounded good.  The CD of the show confirmed my first take.  Jerry, however, was awesome!  Did you go the next night and see Jerry come out and play on "Kick out the Jams?"  So, so good. 

e_wind

Quote from: lucylew on Jan 30, 2011, 10:24 PM

I was there.  At first I was excited - he looked great!  I did not, however, think he sounded good.  The CD of the show confirmed my first take.  Jerry, however, was awesome!  Did you go the next night and see Jerry come out and play on "Kick out the Jams?"  So, so good.

I don't like Soundgarden much, but I feel like Chris has an excellent voice (on record).

buymycar

Quote from: lucylew on Jan 30, 2011, 10:24 PM

Oh yeah, I was there.  I lost it when they played All Those Yesterdays.  Never thought I'd hear that one live.  As great as the night before was, I thought this show was better.  The band was definitely on that night.

e_wind