Mountain Jam 2011 - Roll Call

Started by itrainmonkeys, Jan 11, 2011, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kory

I have most of the set, minus i think the last two songs when my computer software shit the bed... the audio is off by about a second or second and a half... anyone care to fix it so these folks can relive their show?
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

MrB

Quote from: Kory on Jun 27, 2011, 04:37 PM
I have most of the set, minus i think the last two songs when my computer software shit the bed... the audio is off by about a second or second and a half... anyone care to fix it so these folks can relive their show?

I'd give it a go if no one else volunteers.

mahg33ta

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jun 27, 2011, 01:24 PM
I agree with everyone else, thanks JY for pulling that together.

Actually, while watching, this:

it reminded me I took a video of that song.  I like the memento but it kinda takes me out of the moment (and annoys me when others do it) - so I limit it to one song per show.   I'd COMPLETELY forgotten until I saw this video so I'll dig that up tonight.

here's my video

My Morning Jacket First Light Mountain Jam 2011

damn I was spoiled with a good view.   Sound is a bit distorted (it was loud!).   Catch a sneak peek at some VIPs at 1:34 to see how Jersey Girls rock out

johnnYYac

Had to go back 19 PAGES to find this thread!  Listened to this on the way to visit my Dad.  What a great show!  An early and intense Phone Went West.  A 15 minute Steam Engine.  A Mahgeeta closer.  Great to relive my first show of 2011.  Can't wait for my last show of the year, my 6th this year.  And tonight is the 1-year anniversary of the best MMJ show I've experienced - Portland (taping, please).

:beer:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

trippin from shroomin

The version of Steam Engine from this show has been the best to date. Does anyone know where the lyrics toward the end of the song are from?

johnnYYac

Quote from: trippin from shroomin on Oct 15, 2011, 10:07 PM
The version of Steam Engine from this show has been the best to date. Does anyone know where the lyrics toward the end of the song are from?

Quote from: kotchishm on Jun 06, 2011, 02:36 PM
Quote from: TSarge on Jun 06, 2011, 01:51 PM
The only lyrics I remember from that new section of Steam Engine were "Growing up way to fast", or something along those lines

La barba de Castro:
"A quick google search of some of those lyrics brought up this:"

Gil Scott-Heron - A Sign Of The Ages

La barba de Castro googled the lyrics when it happened, apparently the end part was actually a cover of Gil Scott Heron's "A Sign of the Ages".  I would assume this was a tribute because Heron passed away May 27, 2011.

Luna Moth

Been in the process of making a compilation of MMJ this year with archive.org/other torrents and noticed this. Was on a hangout>waka>b-roo run and didnt keep up with much else at the time, waka must have got YY's mind right for this though. You can tell in his voice he's really emoting it all at this place, awesome banter.. amazing Steam Engine, even in the first verse you can tell he's really feelin it.

NY just kills it with MMJ shows, you guys are lucky
http://www.archive.org/download/http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2011-06-05.tlm170.flac16

Post MSG edit: more proof Jim's use of the "spiritual pipeline" or whatever you wanna call it. Gill Scott-Heron lyrics at the end of Steam Engine here.

johnnYYac

headhunter

Anxiously awaiting the lineup.......

Last year was a real blast and hoping this year will be to (although I doubt mmj will be there again)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 23, 2012, 08:24 PM

Last year was a real blast and hoping this year will be to (although I doubt mmj will be there again)
Yeah, MMJ is highly unlikely.  Would still be a great time.  My "good will" budget with Michele is low, however, and mention of Forecastle did not go well.  Still curious to see the lineup.

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 23, 2012, 08:56 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Jan 23, 2012, 08:24 PM

Yeah, MMJ is highly unlikely.  Would still be a great time.  My "good will" budget with Michele is low, however, and mention of Forecastle did not go well.  Still curious to see the lineup.
Johnny, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one in the doghouse for mmj trips. ;D

bold992006

Lineup.

Mule
Steve Winwood
The Roots
Ben folds five
The Word
Franti
Trombone shorty
Travelin Mc Courys with Keller
Dawes
Givers
Gary Clarke Jr.
Carolina chocolate drops
Charles Bradley
Mariachi El Bronx
EOTO
Sara Watkins
Break Silence
The Lee Boys
Marco Benevento
Sister sparrow and the dirty birds
The Brew

Thursday night
Planet of the abts
Zach Deputy
Karl denson tiny universe
Bustle in your hedgerow 

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

joey_rogo

Hm. I know it is just the initial lineup, but this does not tickle my balls as much as I was hoping. Also, they can stop listing Mule first and acting as if that is a big deal.. it is their fest... we already know they will be there.

Penny Lane

i'll hopefully be there Sat-Sun..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ghosts_on_TV

I think they have another headliner to announce? Give me Mumford, Ryan Adams or Wilco and ill be there. Otherwise I'm not so sure.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Jan 27, 2012, 09:06 AM
I think they have another headliner to announce? Give me Mumford, Ryan Adams or Wilco and ill be there. Otherwise I'm not so sure.

i think they'll add another big headliner, too..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bold992006

It is rare they add another headliner....additions are usually smaller bands....right now I see Winwood closing Sunday.  slight chance they add Wilco.

Either way I'm prob not going....this lineup is kind of weak IMO.