Main Menu

Neko Case

Started by BH, Jan 13, 2011, 04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

I'm sad to see so many of the classic music threads dissapeared.   Here is one back in honor of mjk.   The new album [*middle cyclone] sounds so good with snow on the ground.

http://jalopnik.com/5732658/put-your-footprints-on-neko-cases-67-cougar

*edit ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Come back, mjk!

I didn't realize Neko owned the Cougar on the cover of that record -- being an old Mercury fan, I wished she had used one of these:

The snow is about gone here, but it's still goddamn cold, and I'm going to spin that record later. It's kinda nice to let the evening's listening choices be dictated by the forum sometimes.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

el_chode

Creepy, I was actually posting the same exact thing, then got distracted about 10 mins ago. I accidentally hit refresh, and I saw this thread appear and though "oh, I guess I did submit it"

But I didn't.

Weird.
I'm surrounded by assholes

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

el_chode

Yep.

Or maybe,

"Does anybody else find this weird? I mean, we're looking down on Wayne's basement. Only...that's not Wayne's basement"
I'm surrounded by assholes

Tracy 2112

Quote from: BH on Jan 13, 2011, 04:12 PM
I'm sad to see so many of the classic music threads dissapeared.   Here is one back in honor of mjk.   The new album sounds so good with snow on the ground.

New album? Did I miss something?
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

BH

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 14, 2011, 12:04 AM
I'm sad to see so many of the classic music threads dissapeared.   Here is one back in honor of mjk.   The new album sounds so good with snow on the ground.

I meant new album as in "the newest album."   Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: BH on Jan 14, 2011, 12:11 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 14, 2011, 12:04 AM

I meant new album as in "the newest album."   Sorry if I got your hopes up.

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

BH

Lay down boy, I'll scratch your belly.

kydiddle

I wish I had 1/10 of Neko's cool.

BH got all of our hopes up, but has anyone heard whispers about her next album?
Cow temperature.

ALady

I would say you have at least 3/5 of her cool. 

(It'd be a higher ratio but she's pretty damn cool.)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

A young punk rock Neko Case with a cardboard cutout of Reagan.  :thumbsup:

mjk73

Damn, she was even hot with the riot grrrrrrrl look.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: mjk73 on Jul 28, 2011, 08:21 PM
Damn, she was even hot with the riot grrrrrrrl look.

Agreed, I would've been in love during my teenage punk years as well as now.

e_wind

Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 14, 2011, 06:07 PM
I wish I had 1/10 of Neko's cool.

BH got all of our hopes up, but has anyone heard whispers about her next album?

this picture is uncanny. a girl I'm going to St. Louis show with looks so much like this its almost creepy. that is the best doppleganger i could imagine
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EasyRyder

Where's the best place to start for exploring her repertoire? Looks like she has a pretty extensive discography, and I'm mainly looking to familiarize myself with her music before seeing her open for the dudes.

Being that I trust you folks mostest for these sorts of things, I'd appreciate any guidance!

:dankk2:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: EasyRyder on Jul 29, 2011, 01:06 AM
Where's the best place to start for exploring her repertoire? Looks like she has a pretty extensive discography, and I'm mainly looking to familiarize myself with her music before seeing her open for the dudes.

Being that I trust you folks mostest for these sorts of things, I'd appreciate any guidance!

Blacklisted is my favorite, followed closely by Fox Confessor Brings the Flood. Middle Cyclone would be a good one to check into as well, since that is her most recent release and she'll probably be playing a lot of songs from that. The only one to avoid would be The Vrginian, you can't go wrong with any of her other albums.

mjk73

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jul 29, 2011, 04:24 AM
Quote from: EasyRyder on Jul 29, 2011, 01:06 AM

Blacklisted is my favorite, followed closely by Fox Confessor Brings the Flood. Middle Cyclone would be a good one to check into as well, since that is her most recent release and she'll probably be playing a lot of songs from that. The only one to avoid would be The Vrginian, you can't go wrong with any of her other albums.
What he said. The Tigers Have Spoken is a great live album. If you can get it, check out Canadian Amp. Very good EP. She does have 1 DVD from the ACL series. It's really good and worth checking out.