What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Forgive me if this is a redundant thread but I wasn't sure if this transferred or not but I couldn't find it.  Maybe it was in the off topic section.

Just ordered

Fleet Foxes - S/T
Baroness - Blue Record

Had both of these albums forever but desperately wanted the full size artwork more than anything as part of my collection.  These will likely hang on my wall much more than actually be played.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

I was thinking about this thread the other day, because I finally got:

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker  :D It's a two-record set and it sure sounded funny when I put it on -- nowhere on the label does it say that it's to be played at 45 RPM.

You'll love having the Fleet Foxes record, Ruckus - it comes with the Sun Giant EP too, at least mine did. It's spent a little time on display up on the mantel too, but once spring rolls around, it gets spun a lot.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 26, 2011, 08:38 AM

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker  :D It's a two-record set and it sure sounded funny when I put it on -- nowhere on the label does it say that it's to be played at 45 RPM.

You'll love having the Fleet Foxes record, Ruckus - it comes with the Sun Giant EP too, at least mine did. It's spent a little time on display up on the mantel too, but once spring rolls around, it gets spun a lot.

I'm glad you finally got the Tame Impala on vinyl.  I know you'd been trying to get your hands on it w/o breaking the bank.  Did you think you had eaten too many pretzels when you played it at 33?

I got an el cheapo reissue so I don't believe it'll come with Sun Giant but I do love the EP

headhunter

I only buy music on vinyl unless I must have it and there is only a cd release (rare these days).  Good vinyl on a decent TT beats the heck out of any CD  (and yes, the album artwork, liner notes and all other production stuff helps too).

The Fleet Foxes on vinyl is wonderful-- perfect example as to why vinyl kicks butt over cds.
I'm an addict and pick up 5-8 vinyl albums a month.

Just bought the new ones by

The Decemberists
Iron & Wine
Amos Lee
Jayhawks- Tomorrow the Green Grass (reissue)
Jayhawks - Hollywood Town Hall
Pearl Jam Live
and pre-ordered  Go Go Boots by DBT (although I already managed to get an advance download of the new album from a WONDERFUL mmj forum member).
It's a disease but I don't want to be cured.

Can't wait to say I just bought the new one by MMJ (whenever that get's released).

was some shakin' and some record playin'

ALady

Destroyer Kaputt

My album of the year so far.  I know it's only January.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

wolof7

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
Yes - Close to the Edge
Rush - Hemispheres (finally)

Last weekend I was feelin the prog rock!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 26, 2011, 08:38 AM

You were right Crispy, Sun Giant did indeed arrive with it.  I figured the $12 price tag was too little for brand new record plus an EP and I didn't recall it saying it came with it.   :)

YouAre_GivenToFly

When I buy vinyl its usually older, used, classic albums, but I couldn't pass up Black Keys' "Rubber Factory"
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Hawkeye

And some other one...can't remember the name...like 29 songs on the damn record...some old guy...starts with an "H"...eh, I didn't really like it yet.  Probably why I don't remember it.

Got these at Ear-X-Tacy on the Louisville trip last weekend.  Thanks to aMD for helping me find the store.
We could.

Ruckus

Nice picks dude!  I love the artwork on Steeple and I would love to get Here's to Taking it Easy on vinyl.

wolof7

Yea I wish I had that Phosphoescent in my vinyl collection rather than on disc as well...good pics.

Here's what I just got the other day:

and I finally found......

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

BH

Sell your rare Love Is Hell copies NOW!   They are about to drop in price.

http://www.losthighwayrecords.com/artist/detail.aspx?nid=2777&aid=270
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ophidiophobia

Quote from: BH on Feb 16, 2011, 11:54 AM

I'm hoping that the new Love Is Hell will be a 12" version instead of 2 10"s.

Crispy

Quote from: BH on Feb 16, 2011, 11:54 AM

Holy SHIT, some awesome stuff there -- Whiskeytown Pneumonia!

Oh, and recently I have bought a bit of vinyl:
Florence & the Machine - Lungs
Sleepy Sun -- Fever
Sleepy Sun -- Embrace
Warpaint - The Fool
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

scosby2

bright eyes - the people's key
iron & wine - kiss each other clean
the decemberists - the king is dead
amos lee - mission bell
drive by truckers - go go boots
ray lamontagne - god willin' and the creek don't rise

it's been a good week

Crispy

I -- err, my record store -- had a good week too. They guy threw in a slip mat when I asked if they were giving them away, saying, "We are for people who are spending as much as you're about to..."

The Besnard Lakes • The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse
The Besnard Lakes • The Besnard Lakes Are the Roaring Night
Asobi Seksu • Fluorescence
Sun Kil Moon • Tiny Cities
Interpol • Antics
Iron and Wine  • Kiss Each Other Clean
David Gilmour • S/T
Disney/Leopold Stokowski • Fantasia

In the mail:
The Fervor • Arise Great Warrior
Gil Scott-Heron/Jamie xx • We're New Here

ralph

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 24, 2011, 05:32 PM
I -- err, my record store -- had a good week too. They guy threw in a slip mat when I asked if they were giving them away, saying, "We are for people who are spending as much as you're about to..."

The Besnard Lakes • The Besnard Lakes Are the Dark Horse
The Besnard Lakes • The Besnard Lakes Are the Roaring Night
Asobi Seksu • Fluorescence
Sun Kil Moon • Tiny Cities
Interpol • Antics
Iron and Wine  • Kiss Each Other Clean
David Gilmour • S/T
Disney/Leopold Stokowski • Fantasia

In the mail:
The Fervor • Arise Great Warrior
Gil Scott-Heron/Jamie xx • We're New Here

There's nothing better than going home with a big haul of tunes. Enjoy your new stash Crispy! What are you going to start with (besides a pretzel or two)?

I'm sure the owner of my local record store has put a new kitchen and bathroom in his house thanks to my patronage over the the 15 years. Better to give it to them than to some faceless chainstore though...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 24, 2011, 05:32 PM
David Gilmour • S/T
Hey, Crisper.  I'm assuming "S/T" means "self-titled"? 

One of my favorite albums.  With all the early forays into psychedlic technology w/P. Floyd, I love the bare, straightforward rock of his first solo effort.  Cry from the Street is probably my favorite track, with a nice solo intro.  Enjoy it loud!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jahabe08

I am gonna buy a record player I just dont know which one.... Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

TheBigChicken

Quote from: jahabe08 on Mar 01, 2011, 05:07 AM
I am gonna buy a record player I just dont know which one.... Does anyone have any advice or recommendations?

http://www.crosleyradio.com/    these are affordable and have a few bells and whistles and are nice record player starters
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry