What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodnymph

Quote from: headhunter on Sep 04, 2011, 09:49 PM
One of the few examples where not everything is messed up and getting worse?

Amen!!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Lunchbox

Charlie Parr- Criminals And Sinners

e_wind

Quote from: headhunter on Sep 04, 2011, 09:49 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Sep 03, 2011, 02:20 AM
The Head and the Heart.

What a goddamn record.

Just bought this one today and listened tonight for the first time. This is awesome. Kinda jumps out at you and really well recorded. Plus the nice liner notes booklet and packaging is pretty cool.

Also picked up John Hiatt's new one Dirty Jeans and Muddy hymns and The new one by the Dawes.  How great is that so many good young bands and legends are putting out everythimg on vinyl.  One of the few examples where not everything is messed up and getting worse?

i saw THATH open for Dr. Dog in February and have been preaching it ever since. as much as i love dr. d, i left that show and couldn't stop thinking about THATH
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

weeniebeenie

Finally got my Ukulele Songs Vinyl. Yay!
How loud can silence get?

Crispy

Just got this in the mail today:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ChronicHunger

jones

Quote from: jones on Aug 17, 2011, 01:36 PM
Quote from: ChronicHunger on Aug 17, 2011, 11:59 AM
You've found We All Belong and Easy Beat?

I know everything except Shame, Shame is outta print
Yes, at Park The Van: https://parkthevan.hasawebstore.com/artist/30582

I hope that they have them.  They took my money!
Well, nevermind, they canceled my order.  Why would Park The Van allow you to complete a purchase on something that isn't in stock?  Oh well.  I did just get these, though:

(Deluxe)

(Bong Load Mother Load version)

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: jones on Sep 14, 2011, 09:17 AM
Quote from: jones on Aug 17, 2011, 01:36 PM
Quote from: ChronicHunger on Aug 17, 2011, 11:59 AM
You've found We All Belong and Easy Beat?

I know everything except Shame, Shame is outta print
Yes, at Park The Van: https://parkthevan.hasawebstore.com/artist/30582

I hope that they have them.  They took my money!
Well, nevermind, they canceled my order.  Why would Park The Van allow you to complete a purchase on something that isn't in stock?  Oh well.  I did just get these, though:

(Deluxe)

(Bong Load Mother Load version)

Nice choices, didn't realize deluxe edition was on vinyl. That happened to me when I bought At Dawn from the interwebs, they waited a month to tell me it was out of stock.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

jones

On eBay most people want $80-100 for the deluxe Odelay, but I found it online for about $50.  I've got my eye on the Sea Change original master recording next. 

They want $225 for The Information deluxe on Beck's website... :-\

sweatboard

Got this for $7 it's crystal clear, I think I'm going to go back to the record store tomorrow and give them an extra $7  :) and a hug around the neck.

I was spinning it tonight and.....

"Simple Twist of Fate" came on at the best moment it possibly ever could have.  Hit me like a freight train. 
There's Still Time.........

wolof7

Quote from: sweatboard on Sep 16, 2011, 10:48 PM

Got this for $7 it's crystal clear, I'm going to go back to the record store tomorrow and give them $7 and a hug around the neck.

I was spinning it tonight and.....

"Simple Twist of Fate" came on at the best moment it possibly ever could have.  Hit me like a freight train.

awesome!!!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

sweatboard

Unreal.  Been looking for it for a while now.  I wanted to buy it new but I had the guy play it for me in the store, and it sounded amazing, so I went with this used copy.  I was holding off really listening to thus album until I got the vinyl.  Glad I did.  One of the best records I've ever heard.  I have no Idea how he does it.  Just amazing. 

I just believe in fate so much right now.  Found this used copy today, it sounds like heaven, and Simple Twist of Fate came on when it did.

MAGIC...........it's in the world.   :-*   
There's Still Time.........

j_rud

Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

bleedingshrimp

Latest pickups...

Not a bad way to spend $46...

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

johnnYYac

"Just Because I Do" never sounded better!  :o  "The Bear" sounds great, too.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Sep 28, 2011, 07:17 PM

Nice nice nice nice nice!!!!  That 4-Way Street is a faaaaaavoriteeee....... madly in love with Lee Shore, On the Way Home, Neil's intro to Don't Let It Bring You Down (and the song too of course!) King Midas, and the Neil medley at the end of disc 1...... on disc 2, Long Time Gone gets kiiiiillledddd, absolutely wild version... and of course Find the Cost of Freedom.

I just found a solid copy of 4 Way Street last time I was back home, at Jerry's!!  Can't wait to head back there againnnnn  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Lunchbox

Bobbie Gentry- Ode to Billie Joe lp and a Sam Lowry/ Wayward Sons- Julianne split 7"