What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 30, 2013, 04:01 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 11, 2013, 12:50 PM

Just got Fain today; Baba Yaga last week.  :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :beer:
Well actually my Fain has not arrived yet and there was a problem with my records store in getting Baba Yaga so I am without both though I've listened to Baba Yaga a ton already.  Fain should be arriving tomorrow.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

davymac

I hope it was a forum member that just outbid me on that NIB Okonokos Vinyl...went up nearly 50 bucks in the last 10 seconds.   :angry:

I don't think I'll ever get this vinyl..

johnnYYac

Quote from: davymac on May 04, 2013, 05:49 PM
I hope it was a forum member that just outbid me on that NIB Okonokos Vinyl...went up nearly 50 bucks in the last 10 seconds.   :angry:

Saw that!  $187 I believe.  The highest I've seen it go is $200.  Honestly, I love it and I'm glad I got my copy for about $40, but I'd never pay over $100.  Its gotta be reissued someday...  :undecided:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

davymac

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 04, 2013, 05:51 PM
Quote from: davymac on May 04, 2013, 05:49 PM

Saw that!  $187 I believe.  The highest I've seen it go is $200.  Honestly, I love it and I'm glad I got my copy for about $40, but I'd never pay over $100.  Its gotta be reissued someday...  :undecided:

Mannn I wish I could have got my hands on a copy back in the day for under $100!  I was pretty bummed, I thought I had it! 

Guess I'll have to keep checking ebay.  A reissue would be awesome.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

Yeah that shits been up forever. I got my copy if bad jazz for less than 100. As for okonokos... I held a new copy in my hands for 40$ many times at ear x tacy.  But always passed. I regret it now
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e_wind

Yeah that shits been up forever. I got my copy if bad jazz for less than 100. As for okonokos... I held a new copy in my hands for 40$ many times at ear x tacy.  But always passed. I regret it now
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Jeff Murray

Didn't buy any new vinyl, but I was happy to be in an actual record store while I was in Nashville.  Grimey's has an incredible selection of new vinyl, I was like a kid in a candy store with no money!  Since I was flying I would have had to ship my purchases home and I 'm sure that would have been cost prohibitive.  But it was nice to see a store with more new vinyl records than previously loved records.  If only someone in the Harrisburg area would run with this concept.....
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

Ruckus

Got my Baba Yaga as well, in peasant black vinyl

weeniebeenie

Managed to get a copy of JTE's RSD release. Yay!
How loud can silence get?

Crispy

Quote from: Jeff Murray on May 07, 2013, 01:57 PM
Didn't buy any new vinyl, but I was happy to be in an actual record store while I was in Nashville.  Grimey's has an incredible selection of new vinyl, I was like a kid in a candy store with no money!  Since I was flying I would have had to ship my purchases home and I 'm sure that would have been cost prohibitive.  But it was nice to see a store with more new vinyl records than previously loved records.  If only someone in the Harrisburg area would run with this concept.....

This happens to me every time I go to San Francisco, like I'm just about to do,  and I end up with more records than I can fit in my bag. But, it's not that bad to have them shipped home, I think it cost me $12 last time, for about 20 discs.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Come Closer

Quote from: Ruckus on May 10, 2013, 12:08 AM

I just got In the Marrow in the mail yesterday. I too have the lowly non-colored Baba Yaga vinyl.  :embarrassed:

Fully

Quote from: Osistheones on May 10, 2013, 04:07 PM

I just got In the Marrow in the mail yesterday. I too have the lowly non-colored Baba Yaga vinyl.  :embarrassed:

I do too. Maybe we'll still get to talk to the cool kids.

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on May 10, 2013, 04:29 PM

Do you want to approach Crispy while he's petting his Grimace pancake with a twisted grin?

Crispy

Quote from: Ruckus on May 11, 2013, 11:54 AM
Quote from: Fully on May 10, 2013, 04:29 PM

Do you want to approach Crispy while he's petting his Grimace pancake with a twisted grin?
Hmmph. Perhaps I'll deign to talk to you and your oily sable saucers when I've tired of my sweet platter of grape goodness.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

alienlanes

There was a local small record swap here in Hamilton, ON Canada. I took $50 as my limit and here is what I got. Really happy with the Bad Brains and the Enruptured Records comp that has a really early Mogwai song on it, plus Roy Montgomery and the Asuza Plane. Also, the Black Sabbath LP is original Canadian pressing (no gatefold) with the Green Warner Bros lp label!

Ob1jacobe

Plust a lot more.  Just started collecting Vinyl.  This is going to be fun and expensive  :cheesy:

justbcuzido

I just pre-ordered the Floating Action release of Desert Etiquette! I am pumped to get it in the next two weeks.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.