What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Aug 22, 2014, 03:51 PMAlso, in case anyone wasn't aware - there's a 50% off moving sale going on right now at Insound.com.

There's a HUGE number of items for sale. Some are backordered but may come back in stock. Anyway, here's a Reddit link that has a lot of details including an excel spreadsheet with the full list and discounts (so you don't have to click through hundreds of pages) as well as a 10% coupon code: LINK

I am not sure if they are backordered but there was some Jacket stuff on there. Also a ton of Third Man Records stuff (Live from Third Man, 7" singles)
Looks like you can get At Dawn and The Tennessee Fire vinyl for a great price!

http://www.insound.com/search/?query=My+Morning+Jacket&filterby[]=Vinyl
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

itrainmonkeys

Yup. And while it's backordered (there's still a slim chance it gets back in stock...hopefully) they've got Chocolate and Ice for $8. That's a steal.

parkervb

original pressing, not the 180g reissue
Don't you ever turn it off

kotchishm

Deluxe with additional record of demos:

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

johnnYYac

Come Closer

Come Closer

Just received a few albums out of the Tame Impala/Pond camp

parkervb

johnnYYac

$11.22 on Amazon

original 2003 Badman pressing (now have 4 versions of ISM vinyl)

gelyfix

I have been to a garage sale this morning and I have found an original pressure of Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues, a masterpiece! I also found The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Obscured by Clouds and Meddle by Pink Floyd, all original pressures! We find so great things in garage sales, and it's very cheap.  :grin:
Does anyone of you buy their vinyls at garage sales?

Come Closer

rincon2

They are the best sounding vinyl I have ever heard, right up with the newer release of At Dawn and Tennessee Fire.

rincon2

Thanks to PopMatters bundles

subinai

just picked up the new Flying Lotus - You're Dead

ironmike

Went crazy for xmas
Steve Gunn way out weather
Ice cube amerikkka's most wanted
DE LA soul  3 feet high and rising
Protomatyr
Kurt vile walking on a pretty daze
Ratking canal

e_wind

just finally cashed in a gift card I had for awhile

Jason Isbell - Here We Rest
Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern
Songs:Ohia - Mag Electric Co
Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane

Other than SS, I haven't heard any of these records. I'm excited.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 17, 2015, 01:31 PM
just finally cashed in a gift card I had for awhile

Jason Isbell - Here We Rest
Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern
Songs:Ohia - Mag Electric Co
Neutral Milk Hotel - Aeroplane

Other than SS, I haven't heard any of these records. I'm excited.

You've never heard Mag Electric Co?! That shit is amazing. One of the best records of the past decade IMO. And Farewell Transmission is one of my favorite tunes. Cool that you'll hear it all on vinyl first.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

tippitoes22

Dr. Dog "Live at a Flamingo Hotel" Finally a live album from this grossly underrated band. GREAT band, GREAT lp, GREAT place for the uninitiated to start. And for all you OBH'ers, a phenomenal add to the lineup. You'll be thinking "WHY the hell was Wayne here last year!?!" And for any fans of music who can't make OBH II, "The OBH'ening," go see them live. They never disappoint. All around solid musicians.

Just one guys opinion  :thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

parkervb

been a minute since i posted here, but this is what I've picked up in the last few weeks:

The Rolling Stones - Let it Bleed (ABKCO repress, 2003)
Jason Isbell - Southeastern
The Avett Bros - The Carpenter & I and Love and You (wifey's favorite group)
Otis Redding - Live in Europe
CCR - Cosmo's Factory (reissue, Steve Hoffman master)

and just received on Saturday:

The Ravenna Colt - Terminal Current (i've only been able to spin it once, but I can tell I am going to listen to it quite a bit).

Crispy

How'd you get the Ravenna Colt's record so early? I thought it wasn't shipping until Feb 10.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"