Started by Apeskies, Feb 01, 2011, 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkglow

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 05, 2011, 12:06 PM
This is going to be heaven on earth 8)

I second that emotion!

bold992006

Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 03, 2011, 12:16 PM
"P.S. I can't stop thinking about being on the beach with you fine folks, listening to My Morning Jacket, and just smiling from ear to ear." -KY

Ohhh, me too! The more I think about it, as nice as a long open-ended set would be, the atmosphere at this one will be what makes the times timeless. 

Is this the first Jacket show ever played on a beach? Will we witness history? Will Jim go it barefoot like the olden days? Will all of the gulf coast sand be melted into one shimmering sheet of glass beneath our feet?!

And Tyler, I think you're on the money about the set time, but how did you extrapolate that number? If it plays out like last year, they have two stages facing each other on the beach: the main one and another big one.

I think the boys will get to play the main stage either before paulie simone or the fooey fighters. (How could Paul Simon fill 2.5 hrs?? I've never seen him live, but dang....)

well he has a new album and he's written about 4 million songs lol..so I don't think it would be too hard for him to fill that time.  I think he'd make a great end of the festival kind of wind down set.  I hope he plays on Sunday. 

kydiddle

Cow temperature.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

Crispy

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 07, 2011, 10:37 AM
Quote from: kydiddle on Feb 07, 2011, 10:34 AM

:thumbsup:

Condo Booked! :thumbsup:
So if I escape work and make it down there, I can crash on your floor, right? ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

HANGOUT FESTIVAL ATTENDEES        THE REST OF US

That was begging for a caption.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Penny Lane

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 07, 2011, 11:03 AM

So if I escape work and make it down there, I can crash on your floor, right? ;)

i'm booked, too, for Sho!

let's get it started in here! na na  na na na na nan ....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

rmpotsy

Quote from: rmpotsy on Feb 04, 2011, 03:40 PM
i got a crew going down.  havnt pulled the trigger yet, but its a done deal.  probably about 15-20 people.

trigger pulled, tickets bought, duplex booked.  weve got both sides of a great duplex with our own pool.  1.7 miles from the venue.  we will burn that place down.  looks like about 25 of us.

and i officially request for the show to be renamed HANGOVER FEST
out go the lights it begins

Ruckus

tdb810                    8bobbyb                             Ruckus

That was begging for a caption
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

EasyRyder

Quote from: rmpotsy on Feb 07, 2011, 11:26 AM
Quote from: rmpotsy on Feb 04, 2011, 03:40 PM
i got a crew going down.  havnt pulled the trigger yet, but its a done deal.  probably about 15-20 people.

trigger pulled, tickets bought, duplex booked.  weve got both sides of a great duplex with our own pool.  1.7 miles from the venue.  we will burn that place down.  looks like about 25 of us.

Holy &%$@ this show's gonna get rowdy  :D!!! The sheer number of forum-related peeps is going to fill up the entire pit!!! 

100 days and counting....I already have my sunscreen by the door.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Penny Lane

I think it would helpful/awesome for people to post flying in/out times so people can hook up for rides, etc. (if people are renting cars and flying into the same airports, no reason not to share)...just a thought---3 or 4 diff airports around that vicinity...

tdb810

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 07, 2011, 11:30 AM

tdb810                    8bobbyb                             Ruckus

That was begging for a caption

i just laughed out loud for real! that is just so classic!
and yes, we have extra space for crashers!!!!

tdb810

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 07, 2011, 11:03 AM

Sho Nuf!

e_wind

Lets start this roll-call!

e-wind+5
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

tdb810

Penny Lane

1. e-wind
2. EasyRyder
3. rmpotsy
4. tbd and bobster (anniversary!)
5. Kydiddle
6. Ruckus
7. Steam Engine
8. Penny
9. Crispy (oh you'll crash alright)
10. bold99
11. scosby2
12. darkglow
13. toretm

BH

Can you guys keep it down in here?   You're really starting to piss me off.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

tdb810

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 07, 2011, 11:43 AM
I think it would helpful/awesome for people to post flying in/out times so people can hook up for rides, etc. (if people are renting cars and flying into the same airports, no reason not to share)...just a thought---3 or 4 diff airports around that vicinity...

Yes, this must be discussed.  Details, details, details.  As of now, we are just sort of waiting for a schedule to surface.  Does anyone have info on that?  Our goal is to leave on Sunday night, but if they don't play til Sunday, we are definitely going to bump it to Monday. 
We have been looking at flights, and looks like Pensacola Fla is the closer airport. 

kydiddle

Crispy....if you don't want to crash at the Trish and Bob love nest you should check with darkglow and see how many people are signed up for the condo he booked. Just throwing it out there. We all know they're both kinda crazy...and maybe they don't have enough room in the bathtub...

Cow temperature.