Main Menu

Our covers of MMJ

Started by OneBigMageetah, Feb 06, 2011, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Sticky might get pissed that I posted this here  ;) but I'd love some feedback and, so far, only Sticky has chimed in.  I posted in the Our Music thread too, so forgive the redundancy.

I revisited this recording of Touch Me 2, converted it from mono to stereo, and added lyrics to the slideshow.  There are a few long streches where not much is going on.  Its where the vocals go and I am working on vocal tracks for it.  Think of it as a video karaoke and sing along!  Follow the bouncing ball...

Tell me what you think.

Touch Me Part 2 by johnnYYac
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 11, 2011, 11:57 PM
Sticky might get pissed that I posted this here  ;) but I'd love some feedback and, so far, only Sticky has chimed in.  I posted in the Our Music thread too, so forgive the redundancy.

I revisited this recording of Touch Me 2, converted it from mono to stereo, and added lyrics to the slideshow.  There are a few long streches where not much is going on.  Its where the vocals go and I am working on vocal tracks for it.  Think of it as a video karaoke and sing along!  Follow the bouncing ball...

Tell me what you think.

Wow, so cool!  Keep rocking the laser harp! :D Will be cool to hear with vocals as well, but it's already brilliant, great photos in the video as well  :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Tell me what you think.

dude I can't believe you broke for a fucking swede.  fucking bullshit dude.  if people are too lazy to check a thread literally right above this then fuck 'em man.  I thought you were a fucking artist yac, wtf? you're selling out big time with this post.  I'm ashamed of you, but you're still my boy.  this thread reeks of poser.  even the chicks posed off my bad ass care bear bff pic.  I'll remember this yac - for the rest of my life.  your cover is titties by the way and I think the only reason people didn't comment was because they don't want your ego to get too huge.  don't let the fame go to your head son, if you get hooked on heroin don't come cryin to me.   

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 12, 2011, 02:20 PM

Tell me what you think.

Wow, so cool!  Keep rocking the laser harp! :D Will be cool to hear with vocals as well, but it's already brilliant, great photos in the video as well  :)

Oh and what I'd also like to say is that if I had checked the Our Music section and seen your music there I would have of course commented there too, I just rarely check that thread. I mostly come here to blab about Bright Eyes, but this thread caught my eye, possibly because of the MMJ part of it... it's some kind of side effect I've been suffering from since becoming a fan...  ;)

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

johnnYYac

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Feb 12, 2011, 04:13 PM

Tell me what you think.

dude I can't believe you broke for a fucking swede.  fucking bullshit dude.  if people are too lazy to check a thread literally right above this then fuck 'em man.  I thought you were a fucking artist yac, wtf? you're selling out big time with this post.  I'm ashamed of you, but you're still my boy.  this thread reeks of poser.  even the chicks posed off my bad ass care bear bff pic.  I'll remember this yac - for the rest of my life.  your cover is titties by the way and I think the only reason people didn't comment was because they don't want your ego to get too huge.  don't let the fame go to your head son, if you get hooked on heroin don't come cryin to me.

You caught me, Stickee.  I think I was just trying to provoke you. 

Ran my OM-200 through a distortion effect in FiddleC's Fender amp last night and it was fantastic!  I needs to get me that effect or that same amp.  It was close to an elec. guitar sound but raunchier than usual.

Had a great time jamming with you, Rich.  You rock- guitar ('coustic, 'lectric), Omnichord.  Rich, you need to release your cover of Carried Away to the forum. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I agree yac, Castros carried away cover is great.  he sounds very much like carl on it too.

FiddleCastro

I'll post it when i finish up Steam Engine, or The Bear, or both, or something.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

jlaw

I started putting up covers of songs on youtube. I did one of The Right Place by Monsters of Folk. I love the song. My voice isn't the greatest right now. I just recently got serious about singing so I'm no pro, yet. Plus of course Jim is God in the vocal department so it's tough on that level as well. Hope you all enjoy.     

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamiemlawson?feature=mhum

FiddleCastro

I just put some new strings on Karen (my guitar) and she sounds so lovely, I will now finish up Steam Engine.  :)

Here's Carried Away:
http://www.mahgeetah.com/carriedaway.mp3

Everything is played by me.

FiddleCastro

jlaw

Alright I didn't know this thread before, so here's the link one more time: 

Monsters Of Folk - The Right Place

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: jlaw on Mar 01, 2011, 11:51 PM
I started putting up covers of songs on youtube. I did one of The Right Place by Monsters of Folk. I love the song. My voice isn't the greatest right now. I just recently got serious about singing so I'm no pro, yet. Plus of course Jim is God in the vocal department so it's tough on that level as well. Hope you all enjoy.     

http://www.youtube.com/user/jamiemlawson?feature=mhum

Cool, haven't heard too many MoF covers, so yay!  :)

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Mar 02, 2011, 03:01 AM
I just put some new strings on Karen (my guitar) and she sounds so lovely, I will now finish up Steam Engine.  :)

Here's Carried Away:
http://www.mahgeetah.com/carriedaway.mp3

Everything is played by me.

Ooh, I like it and you played all instruments, woop, woop! Looking forward to hearing Steam Engine  :)

jlaw

a cover of phone went west I did tonight, I did two more I'l be putting up tomorrow

My Morning Jacket - Phone Went West

jlaw

This one is fucking hard to sing, I kind of botch it.

My Morning Jacket - The Way That He Sings