Who is the biggest ASSHOLE in rock??

Started by CTdeadhead, Feb 10, 2011, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 15, 2011, 01:30 AM
At least all of those guys get to do what they love each and every day...
And it is for this reason exactly that such people should not act like douchers to others.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Cheetara

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 15, 2011, 09:32 AM
And it is for this reason exactly that such people should not act like douchers to others.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.  :) They do what they love because they created that life for themselves. Just like you can, just like I can, just like anyone else can. Happiness isn't handed out at random where you just get lucky if you get it and you're SOL if you don't. You create your own happiness. So they don't owe anyone jack shit. As far as acting like douchers... Well thats just probably not ever necessary.
~The only thing you ever have to truly know in life is Yourself~

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 15, 2011, 08:03 PM

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.  :) They do what they love because they created that life for themselves. Just like you can, just like I can, just like anyone else can. Happiness isn't handed out at random where you just get lucky if you get it and you're SOL if you don't. You create your own happiness. So they don't owe anyone jack shit. As far as acting like douchers... Well thats just probably not ever necessary.

The point is happy people shouldn't act like douchers to others. If they do, then you have to question their true happiness. If they manifested it or not is irrelevant.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Cheetara

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 15, 2011, 08:57 PM

The point is happy people shouldn't act like douchers to others. If they do, then you have to question their true happiness. If they manifested it or not is irrelevant.

The operative word in all of this is ACT. The "assholes" created their own lives and can be happy if they choose to be, but they can ACT however they'd like. It isn't about passing judgment on whether they're truly happy or not its how they act towards others that makes us judge them as douches or not. We're judging an act, not much different than judging a movie... who knows what these people are truly like. But the original point was that Crispy said they shouldn't act like douchers because they manifested their own lives.... which is what I disagreed about.

Crispy

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 15, 2011, 10:30 PM

The operative word in all of this is ACT. The "assholes" created their own lives and can be happy if they choose to be, but they can ACT however they'd like. It isn't about passing judgment on whether they're truly happy or not its how they act towards others that makes us judge them as douches or not. We're judging an act, not much different than judging a movie... who knows what these people are truly like. But the original point was that Crispy said they shouldn't act like douchers because they manifested their own lives.... which is what I disagreed about.
Hang on there, Cheetara, I wasn't saying that people who get to do what they love got that way because circumstances fell into their laps and that they should be grateful to everyone else for that, no sirree. I'm of the opinion that nobody should ever act like a doucher to anybody else, deservedly or not, and I think acting civilized should be even easier for those who are fortunate -- yes, I said fortunate --  to have been able to make a happy life for themselves.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Cheetara

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 16, 2011, 04:13 PM
Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 15, 2011, 10:30 PM

Hang on there, Cheetara, I wasn't saying that people who get to do what they love got that way because circumstances fell into their laps and that they should be grateful to everyone else for that, no sirree. I'm of the opinion that nobody should ever act like a doucher to anybody else, deservedly or not, and I think acting civilized should be even easier for those who are fortunate -- yes, I said fortunate --  to have been able to make a happy life for themselves.

I agree, people shouldn't act like douchers, ever really.  :) Its not necessary and spreads negativity.

I didn't mean that people who manifested their own lives owed gratitude to others, I  meant civility.

But I don't agree that they were fortunate to have been able to do that. We're all able to, no matter the circumstances. And anyone can Act how they would like, although doucherness is never appreciated or necessary.  Just trying to disagree respectfully, its kind of hard via written word sometimes  :) Didn't mean to come off as verbally attacking or anything.   ;)

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 16, 2011, 10:22 PM
But I don't agree that they were fortunate to have been able to do that. We're all able to, no matter the circumstances.

Sorry, but that's pie-in-the-sky rubbish.

Cheetara

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 16, 2011, 11:00 PM
But I don't agree that they were fortunate to have been able to do that. We're all able to, no matter the circumstances.

If thats what you believe, the yes. It will only ever be rubbish. They may have been fortunate to have had less obstacles in the way of attaining what they wanted, but more obstacles doesn't make it impossible or rubbish.  The only things that are impossible are the ones that we limit ourselves from.  ;)

ynwa

HO!!!!

i was always more a panthro fan than any of the others.  especially wiley kit and kat ( although i love kit-kat candy & all of the delicate wafer smothered in chocolately goodness deliciousness).  and sanrf.  they just pissed me off.  sorry.

speaking of knee-jerk reactions... while i mostly tend to view the world thru rose colored glasses & also believe that we do have the power to control our own destiny (or density as our beloved george mcfly referred to it as) i also understand that the world is NOT perfect and fair & just as i wish it were. 

so i respectfully find fault in the belief that every being on this planet is able to rise above their circumstances.  i really do wish it was so.

life is what you make of it.  but not everyone has access to the same tools & resources as others.

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

ynwa

and oh yeah - axl rose is THE biggest asshole.  in rock, music, life, whatever. 

whenever one person believes they are bigger than anything that has been, is, or ever will be - that = asshole.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 17, 2011, 12:53 AM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 16, 2011, 11:00 PM

If thats what you believe, the yes. It will only ever be rubbish. They may have been fortunate to have had less obstacles in the way of attaining what they wanted, but more obstacles doesn't make it impossible or rubbish.  The only things that are impossible are the ones that we limit ourselves from.  ;)

right cheetara, dream on.

I want to play point guard in the NBA

My color blind nephew wants to fly jets for the Navy

My mother wants to be able to walk up a flight of stairs

Do you know how many gifted musicians bust their asses their whole lives to play the Ryman in Nashville and NEVER get there? But they got to watch Ashley Simpson play the Ryman.

I see your point b/c I used to think like you. Do you see my point?

Happiness is certainly achievable and the ability to transcend the things we cannot do is a great place to start. But to say, "The only things that are impossible are the ones that we limit ourselves from" is simply not true. And I think that's Crispy's point. Cherish your opportunity and fortune to be able to do what you love for a living, and don't be a douche b/c not everyone gets to do that.

So excuse me but I have to run off now and brush up on my Spanish. It's always been my dream to be a dictator of a small, South American country.

Bigsky

Cheetara

Ynwa- Nice! Gotta love some Panthro :thumbsup: But the female badassery of Cheetara always made me smile  ;)

I think that you can overcome any circumstance, and trust me, I have seen some people with incredibly fucked up circumstances, I'm talking things that others just don't come back from and go on to live in institutions for, prosper in situations that others would wither away in.

Don't limit your thought, don't limit yourself. I can't count the number of times that I've said something about pushing through and using the obstacles as a learning experience instead of a stop sign and had people blatantly call me an idiot or any other word you could come up with for delusionsal and berate me and try to make me look like a fool. I don't know why people don't like to hear that. There tends to be this prevalent view in society that Only a special sort of person can persevere and that the rest of us are doomed to our circumstance, and should stop because we can only do so much. You've just limited yourself if you've said that. What I want to know is...

WHO THE FUCK EVER PUT THAT THOUGHT INTO YOUR HEAD???  ::)

If no one ever said that, if you never thought about it, would you even feel that way? Would you change your life? Would you have done things differently? Would you have taken that walk on the wild side? Who would you be if you hadn't of limited yourself. You're a beautiful person and capable of ANYTHING, we all are. :)

Lets take someone famous, Oprah,  for example. She was born into poverty by a teenage mother, was sexually molested by multiple family members as a child, got raped and became pregnant at 14, and Went on to become what she is today, not only filthy rich but a world icon.

If you were her today, what would you have done?

She was NO different from you or me. She wasn't some super breed of human that has the gene for perserverence. She just didn't limit herself. Its TRULY that simple. Please don't limit yourself ever Ynwa!  :)

Tracy-I do see your point. And I think that it is sad that you feel the way you do now.  :'( I'm not trying to be patronizing when I say that you or your color-blind nephew (and I certainly hope he's encouraged by his family to follow his dreams whatever they may be  :)) could do anything they wanted in life, nor am I delusional for saying it. If you want it, you can have it, if you believe you can. Whoever put it out there and spread it around that you couldn't was an evil person. But I know from first hand experience that the only things that are impossible are the ones you limit yourself from. We have so many wonderful examples of people perservering, I just wish that more people realized that they could to. Think what you like, but I won't become jaded, even after all the shit I've seen. And It would have been sooo easy to have become that way. Don't limit yourself either Tracy. If you want it, its yours.   :)

So appreciate all of the small things, they are life's little miracles. Smile. Spread joy and compassion around. Love yourself and know yourself, and DON"T limit yourself. We get this ONE experience of life in our current bodies. Its entirley to short to not be happy and do what you love.

Have a lovely day, Everyone!  :)

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 17, 2011, 08:54 PM

Don't limit yourself either Tracy. If you want it, its yours.   :)

So help me get into the NBA. I want to be playing for the Lakers come playoff time. And I'll start taking requests for playoff tickets NOW!  :o

And none of this New Age feel good crap, I need a concrete game plan. I am depending on you to get me there, can you do it?

Cheetara

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 17, 2011, 10:42 PM

So help me get into the NBA. I want to be playing for the Lakers come playoff time. And I'll start taking requests for playoff tickets NOW!  :o

And none of this New Age feel good crap, I need a concrete game plan. I am depending on you to get me there, can you do it?

Tracy, Only you can forge your own destiny. So if thats what you want, do it  ;)

But I do have some words of advice for your NBA conditioning.

1. Up your protein. I'm thinking like a cow a day is a good start.

2. Rock the 70s basketball getup. They'll respect a dude more if he appreciates B-ball history.

3. Consider a reverse michael Jackson operation or a serious spray tan if you don't already have a rich chocolatey color, it'll make the other players relate to you better

4. Sweatbands are your friend. Bonus points if you can grow a Fro for it to go around

5. And finally Grow a sweet-ass moustache and dye it Lakers colors.   ;D

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Cheetara on Feb 17, 2011, 11:01 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 17, 2011, 10:42 PM

Tracy, Only you can forge your own destiny. So if thats what you want, do it  ;)

But I do have some words of advice for your NBA conditioning.

1. Up your protein. I'm thinking like a cow a day is a good start.

2. Rock the 70s basketball getup. They'll respect a dude more if he appreciates B-ball history.

3. Consider a reverse michael Jackson operation or a serious spray tan if you don't already have a rich chocolatey color, it'll make the other players relate to you better

4. Sweatbands are your friend. Bonus points if you can grow a Fro for it to go around

5. And finally Grow a sweet-ass moustache and dye it Lakers colors.   ;D

I accept your surrender.

Cheetara

QuoteI accept your surrender.

No surrendering, my friend.

Just a little comical relief. :)

At the end of the day, you are the only one that can choose your destiny and manifest it. No one else can do that for you. ;)

br00ke

i think ryan adams is more of a little bitch than an asshole .. he throws tantrums like a pre-teen. that said, i love him  ;D i've seen him quite a few times and they were always blown away experiences ... especially 12/6/06 @ town hall. i guess i'd feel differently if i was witness to one of his hissy's though.

Fully

I really wish we had more discussions like this one around here these days, but I'm probably being an asshole when I wish that.

Mr. White

I agree with those who said Ted. I used to love him, but his mouth is doing the job his asshole should be doing.

Ted Nugent is a Racist Asshole
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011