Started by CTdeadhead, Feb 10, 2011, 05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

wolof7

Quote from: weeniebeenie on Feb 11, 2011, 05:42 AM
Glen Frey and Don Henley?

Ha yeah them guys are total meat hoses

come on man I've had a long night and I hate the fuckin eagles  ;)
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

TheBigChicken

scroll down and watch Henry Rollins music "video".... :-\ :-X
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

okay..i don't want to get blasphemous here but..

i've HEARD
Chris Robinson
Jackie Greene
J Mascis

are all primadonna douchebags
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Crispy

Quote from: Penne BruLane on Feb 11, 2011, 09:50 AM
okay..i don't want to get blasphemous here but..

i've HEARD
Chris Robinson
Jackie Greene
J Mascis

are all primadonna douchebags
I already blasphemed calling John Lennon an asshole, so it's cool.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

BH

Chris Robinson and Ryan Adams are my two favorite assholes.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Quote from: CTdeadhead on Feb 11, 2011, 01:59 AM
Perhaps I should have call the thread the Biggest Asshole in Music...

In that case, Miles Davis is my favorite ASSHOLE
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

This guy is a douche AND an asshole...

Ghosts_on_TV

Suprised Morrissey hasnt been mentioned yet.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 AM

I had no clue who this was, checked the pic properties, see its Jared Leto, the guy from Requiem for a Dream.  Is he an alleged musician, too?  Wasn't aware of his reputation.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: BH on Feb 11, 2011, 09:55 AM

ditto Ryan Adams

He set the bar for being an asshole at a show in Nashville about 6 or 7 years ago.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 11, 2011, 12:31 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 11, 2011, 12:20 AM
Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 11, 2011, 12:16 AM
Kinda weak picks folks.

Here's a few for you to chew on (but the first a-hole is my #1):

Chad Kroeger, Jewel, Ke$ha, John Lydon, Sean Combs, Kanye, R Kelly, Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace frontman), all members of Kings of Leon, Eddie & Alex Van Halen, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan, the Gallagher brothers, Billy Bob Thornton (he counts as a country a-hole), Mickey Hart, Mike Gordon, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jeff Martin (frontman from defunct Canadian trio, Tea Party - he's just a big a prick as Kroeger, but most of you don't know who he is... but trust me), and of course, Lauryn Hill.

Woahhhh!  Dem hosers come yellin' outta nowhere.  Ummm, 1st of all, I already mentioned that dude named Oasis. ;)  Plus I don't think half of them are from the ROCK genre. ;D  3rd, I LOVE the Van Halen brothers so go pick on some other brothers. :beer:

The one other guy that comes to mind for me is Mustaine.  I love him to death and that dude is all about his fans.  Nonetheless, a total douchetesticle.

I'm not saying I don't like some of the work from the artists I listed. I love Van Halen (pre-Hagar), but Alex and Eddie are notorious jerks, especially in the way they treated Mike Anthony. Andrew Lloyd qualifies because he's a rock opera/theatre pioneer - and a class A asshole too. Most of the "fringe rock" artists I listed can be categorized as pop stars, so I stretched it a bit. I forgot to add Gordon Lightfoot. I'm friends with his first-cousin and hear from him that he's a fucking asshole.
Totally agreed on what they did to Michael Anthony.  It really pisses me off though I don't know the detailed story.  Mike Anthony happened to play my favorite bass guitar of all time.

Ruckus

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 11, 2011, 10:54 AM

ditto Ryan Adams

He set the bar for being an asshole at a show in Nashville about 6 or 7 years ago.

I've never been a big fan of his music so I don't know much about him.  What did he do in Nashville?  Why is he generally considered such a dick?

Jaimoe

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 11, 2011, 11:08 AM

ditto Ryan Adams

I've never been a big fan of his music so I don't know much about him.  What did he do in Nashville?  Why is he generally considered such a dick?

Ryan can be a prick and he's erratic in concert (and on record), but man, he's done some brilliant county albums. Check out his intimate genius on Jacksonville City Nights.

Jon T.

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 11, 2011, 10:45 AM
Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 AM

I had no clue who this was, checked the pic properties, see its Jared Leto, the guy from Requiem for a Dream.  Is he an alleged musician, too?  Wasn't aware of his reputation.

He fronts "30 Seconds from Mars" or "30 Secs to Mars".  He also used to be Jordan Catalano in My So Called Life.  I remember reading some articles about him around the time he played Mark David Chapman in a film, I think it was titled "27".  He's just a total emo-douche. 
He played a festival on the beach here last October and he was just jackass.  All the teenyboppers loved him though so maybe it's just me that's out of touch...

Tracy 2112

ditto Ryan Adams

Where would I start? Being drunk. Air guitaring and playing Minor Threat and Madonna on a 45 record player (entire songs), singing an entire song like the "Cookie Monster", reading Sylvia Plath (how emo), having the house lights turned up-finding the guy who yelled Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams, get it?) - and giving the guy $20 to leave, he'd spend minutes just walking around stage "looking for stuff" -wine glass, wine bottle, guitar, flowers, poems, 45 records..., while playing drums on a Dylan cover (Joey) with Dave Rawlings and Gilllian Welch- he stopped playing and went backstage and retrieved a bottle of wine and didn't have the rock n' roll courtesey of drinking it from the bottle-no- he poured it into a wine glass-and it was a red wine glass (the proper glass).

It was a fuking train wreck and he literally spent nearly 30 minutes on stage "not playing music"

As he went off stage before the encore (Rawlings/Welch) over half the audience left. Some guy in the local paper lambasted his performance and Adams left him a long voice mail here

Ryan Adams angry message to Jim DeRogatis
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Feb 11, 2011, 11:31 AM

ditto Ryan Adams

Where would I start? Being drunk. Air guitaring and playing Minor Threat and Madonna on a 45 record player (entire songs), singing an entire song like the "Cookie Monster", reading Sylvia Plath (how emo), having the house lights turned up-finding the guy who yelled Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams, get it?) - and giving the guy $20 to leave, he'd spend minutes just walking around stage "looking for stuff" -wine glass, wine bottle, guitar, flowers, poems, 45 records..., while playing drums on a Dylan cover (Joey) with Dave Rawlings and Gilllian Welch- he stopped playing and went backstage and retrieved a bottle of wine and didn't have the rock n' roll courtesey of drinking it from the bottle-no- he poured it into a wine glass-and it was a red wine glass (the proper glass).

It was a fuking train wreck and he literally spent nearly 30 minutes on stage "not playing music"

As he went off stage before the encore (Rawlings/Welch) over half the audience left. Some guy in the local paper lambasted his performance and Adams left him a long voice mail here

Ryan Adams angry message to Jim DeRogatis

that used to happen a lot..and yeah, he's known as a whiny prick for the most part
does it seem like his music has gone downhilll since he's gotten sober (is he sober?)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

walterfredo

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 11, 2011, 12:16 AM
Kinda weak picks folks.

Here's a few for you to chew on (but the first a-hole is my #1):

Chad Kroeger, Jewel, Ke$ha, John Lydon, Sean Combs, Kanye, R Kelly, Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace frontman), all members of Kings of Leon, Eddie & Alex Van Halen, Billy Joel, Marilyn Manson, Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, the Gallagher brothers, Billy Bob Thornton (he counts as a country a-hole), Mickey Hart, Mike Gordon, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jeff Martin (frontman from defunct Canadian trio, Tea Party - he's just a big a prick as Kroeger, but most of you don't know who he is... but trust me), and of course, Lauryn Hill.

Mike Gordon?  Really?  Please elaborate.  I've met Mike a few times, and chatted with him briefly.  He is indeed an awkward goofball, and not always the biggest people person, but asshole?  hmm. 

Crispy

I for one do not blame Ryan Adams for going off on shitbirds who yell  for Summer of '69 -- yeah, it was a funny joke ONCE. I think giving the guy 20 bucks to leave is a pretty good bit. The rest of the stuff...no, that's not cool.

And holy SHIT, I just listened to his voicemail rant, and he sounds EXACTLY like my last insane girlfriend. /shivers

(Still love his music)
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

ophidiophobia

I've saw Ryan Adams play 3 times since the January of '08, and during them 3 shows 2 have been great and 1 was average at best. I saw the KC show during February '09, and he played for roughly an hour before leaving. I was stunned when the house lights came on. The next night he played Tulsa and it was a great show. My Ryan Adams obsessiveness is similar to a lot of MMJ people on here. On his fan forum http://ryanadamsarchive.com/ he goes through phases of interacting with the fans and then getting mad at the fans. His most recent tirade came because how long it took for people to receive III/IV from his record company, Pax-Am. I love the guy's music and the few times I have met him he has seemed fairly nice, but I can understand him being mentioned in this thread.