Main Menu

Yuck

Started by el_chode, Feb 12, 2011, 01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

This is all TTT's fault for tweeting about it, but this album is incredible. Drops Tuesday, mostly available on YouTube from what I can tell.

Has a real early/mid-90s indie pop feel in the vein of Yo La Tengo, Lemonheads, Pavement.

Yuck - Operation

WARNING: There are ample bewbs in the following, don't watch at work (NSFW)

Yuck - Holing Out
I'm surrounded by assholes

Ruckus

Yeah, they are opening for Tame Impala for their brief North American tour.  Was about to post in the now defunct Tame Impala thread.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

el_chode

That is an odd combo for touring, but still cool.
I'm surrounded by assholes

wolof7

These guys are great!

Lead singer looks lik bob dylan but plays like J Mascis

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/17/134532572/sxsw-2011-yuck-live-in-concert
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

subinai

really enjoying this album

bold992006

Had one of their new songs on a mix...love it.  Can't wait to hear the whole album.

Erik26

Here is a link to the audio and video of their show at SXSW. I watched the live stream and thought it was fantastic.

http://www.npr.org/2011/03/19/134532572/sxsw-2011-yuck-live-in-concert
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

kotchishm

Finally got this album through the $5 Amazon thing and I must say it's is incredible.  Every song is great
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Sidus

Wow just found out they're opening for Explosions in the Sky, close to my homecity in August  :o. Talking about strange combinations  ::). Was already thinking to go to the EitS show, but I guess I simply have no choice now :coffee:

sweatboard

I got to see them live at a small venue opening for Smith Westerns and they really let the guitars do some work when they play live.  I dig them, but the song Suicide Policeman almost makes me gag when I hear it.  I can't quit thinking of someone ripping off pablo honey era radiohead badly.   
There's Still Time.........

ironmike

dioes anyone else think the guitar riff in the song suck sound alot like the lengthes by the black keys?