Main Menu

Grammy's

Started by e_wind, Feb 13, 2011, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

I happened to turn it on right for the Avett/Mumford performance... have to say both bands sounded great but I don't know if I expected either of them to be on the Grammy's and I'm kind of bummed they're on there. Yeah, I'm one of those "I don't like to share my music with middle schoolers."
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

capt. scotty

Mumford & Sons are pretty big so I wouldnt worry about it. Their album has been in the iTunes Top 10 for over 6 months it seems. Avetts arent too far behind them. Heard them play from the other room, both were good. Cant say the same for Dylan  ::)

Im just glad Black Keys won best alternative album and best rock song by a duo or group for Tighten Up
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

Janelle Monae's performance was on fire.

The Avetts and Mumfords were excellent and I thought Dylan did a good job on "Maggie's Farm", but it helped that he had an indie folk supergroup backing him up and keeping him honest.

el_chode

Tom Petty. Jeff Beck. Neil Young. Pearl Jam. Muse. One of these is not like the others. One of these does not belong
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

I love seeing Jeff Beck, even at the Grammys. He's no backwards thinker. His music is more daring and progressive during his latter career than its ever been, although it's not for everyone.

el_chode

Quote from: Jaimoe on Feb 13, 2011, 09:55 PM
I love seeing Jeff Beck, even at the Grammys. He's no backwards thinker. His music is more daring and progressive during his latter career than its ever been, although it's not for everyone.

I guess that's why Muse won then. Lowest Common Denominator

EasyRyder

If cee-lo wears that costume and brings the muppets to the Hangout im gonna lose my shit.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

e_wind

wait i'm not watching any more... so there was a category between Petty, Young, Pearl Jam, and Muse AND MUSE WON? fuck.

Jaimoe

I hate Muse. I rather like the new Neil and Petty albums, although Grammy doesn't look too far out of the establishment box. There were many 2010 rock albums more deserving of noms.

When will Grammy get rid of some of their horribly outdated categories such as "Best Alternative Album" etc...?

wolof7

Cee-lo Green didn't win song of the year? Something suspicious is afoot.

This show has been very heavy on mediocre acoustic guitars (mumford and sons included).

Bob Dylan is genius. The brass balls on that guy. He just does not care.

Tom Petty definitely should have won.

I concur that Janelle Monae is pretty great, otherwise I can't get behind nearly any of the music in this show.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Jaimoe

As a red and white bleeding Canuck, I apologize for Justin Bieber, on behalf of 35 million hosers.

mahg33ta

since when did John Mayer turn into Johnny depp?

e_wind

on the bright side, KoL didn't win any records.

wolof7

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 13, 2011, 10:15 PM

Ha, I was thinking that exact thought.

Seth Rogen saying he was getting high with Miley Cyrus was pretty funny
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Jaimoe

Katy Perry attacks her lyrics as angrily as a hammer does pounding nails into a crucifix.

kydiddle

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 13, 2011, 10:15 PM

HAHA! Thought the same thing.
Cow temperature.

kydiddle

Quote from: EasyRyder on Feb 13, 2011, 10:07 PM
If cee-lo wears that costume and brings the muppets to the Hangout im gonna lose my shit.

Seriously. Can we lose our shit together because that was hilarious. The little pug puppet next to the piano? What the what?
Cow temperature.

toretm

Ha!! After seeing the Hangout lineup I had a vision of the Jacket doing a duet or cover of Cee lo's 'Fuck You'  ;D

el_chode

Screen grab from Lady Gaga's entrance

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.