BONNAROO 2011

Started by buaawwww, Feb 15, 2011, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buaawwww

Just announced... Eminem?  Lil Wayne?  Really?
At least MMJ has returned.

Here is the complete line-up:

Eminem
Arcade Fire
Widespread Panic
The Black Keys
Buffalo Springfield featuring Richie Furay, Stephen Stills, Neil Young, Rick Rosas, Joe Vitale
My Morning JacketLil Wayne
String Cheese Incident
Robert Plant & Band of Joy
Mumford & Sons
The Strokes
The Decemberists
Ray Lamontagne
Bassnectar
Iron & Wine
Girl Talk
Primus
Dr. John and The Original Meters performing Desitively Bonnaroo
Alison Krauss & Union Station
Pretty Lights
Florence + the Machine
SuperJam with Dan Auerbach and Dr. John
Explosions In The Sky
STS9
Gogol Bordello
Beirut
Big Boi
Scissor Sisters
Gregg Allman
Ratatat
Global Gypsy Punk Revue curated by Eugene Hütz
Robyn
Warren Haynes Band
Deerhunter
Opeth
Atmosphere
Old Crow Medicine Show
Bootsy Collins & the Funk University
Wiz Khalifa
Matt & Kim
Grace Potter & The Nocturnals
The Del McCoury Band & the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
Mavis Staples
Béla Fleck and the Flecktones
Chiddy Bang
Jovanotti
Bruce Hornsby & the Noisemakers
Loretta Lynn
Cold War Kids
The Walkmen
Devotchka
Wanda Jackson
Neon Trees
Portugal. The Man
Sleigh Bells
Amos Lee
Best Coast
Dãm-Funk & Master Blazter
The Sword
The Drums
The Black Angels
School of Seven Bells
J. Cole
Nicole Atkins & the Black Sea
Wavves
!!!
Junip
Freelance Whales
Justin Townes Earle
Ryan Bingham & The Dead Horses
Deer Tick
Band of Skulls
Sharon Van Etten
Abigail Washburn
Omar Souleyman
Twin Shadow
Kylesa
Man Man
The Low Anthem
Alberta Cross
Railroad Earth
Jessica Lea Mayfield
Smith Westerns
The Head and the Heart
Karen Elson
Beats Antique
22-20s
Phosphorescent
Clare Maguire
Hayes Carll

midwesterner

I think it is a good lineup. I rarely ever go to festivals for the headliners so the additions of Eminem and Lil Wayne doesn't bother me.

The DARK

Pretty awesome lineup. I may have to find my way down there this year...
In another time, in another place, in another face

ms. yvon

take note:

--mavis staples
--wanda jackson

!!! soul & badassery of epic proportions

mavis' was my favorite set from b'roo 2007
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

CTdeadhead

It doesn't appear that they sell day tickets to Roo, if I can get a ticket at a reasonable enough cost to justify just going for a day to see MMJ  at the show I may go.

capt. scotty

If I went it would probably just be because of MMJ and Auerbach and Dr John SuperJam  :o

...not that there arent other bands that I want to see, but certainly nothing that grabs me
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

e_wind

what the fuck is super jam?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

el_chode

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 16, 2011, 09:07 PM

It's like a musical royal rumble
I'm surrounded by assholes

e_wind

Quote from: el_chode on Feb 16, 2011, 09:23 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Feb 16, 2011, 09:07 PM

It's like a musical royal rumble

now it all makes sense

ManNamedTruth

Good lineup, except for Neon Trees and Lil Wayne. I could do without that.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

iLikeBeer

I'm debating between going to Roo and going to Mountain Jam.  MMJ is of course the common theme to both festies. 

Bands I would like to see at Roo include the Keys and Explosions In The Sky as well as Buffalo Springfield with Neil!  Also, I'd be interested in seeing Arcade Fire, The Decemberists and Iron & Wine.

I'm just not so sure about how I feel in dealing with the crowds and the heat.

When will it be known if MMJ are one of the headlining acts or is it already known?  If they play into the wee hours of the night like their last Roo appearance, that could tip the scales and make me just suck it up.  8)

wonderfulman

Three of the best places to see MMJ are NYC, Louisville, and Bonnaroo. Although the schedule still hasn't been released, I think MMJ will play a late night set. If that's the case, this will be THE BEST show of the summer tour. Their 2008 set has gone down as a top 5 Bonnaroo set ever. It kills me that I wasn't able to go that there. There is no possible way that I will be missing another epic 4 hour face melter. IMO it will be the best and most talked about set of the weekend.

e_wind

I don't want to go to Roo, but I don't know if I can stand missing a Roo jacket set

iLikeBeer

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 17, 2011, 11:38 AM
I don't want to go to Roo, but I don't know if I can stand missing a Roo jacket set

This is my dilema as well...  :-\

TSarge

I'm actually excited for Lil Wayne, an added bonus on top of MMJ and all the other awesome artists

e_wind

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 17, 2011, 11:40 AM

Whatever helps you justify one way or the other, let me know. Maybe it will make sense to me too.

el_chode

My two cents:

I've bought tickets for numerous 'roos and have had to skip due to last minute emergencies...funerals, weddings, etc. I've always had to sell my tickets at a discount on Craigslist because they've been hard to get rid of.

The advantage to this is that by the time you're ready to go, say late May, odds are the schedules are already released, and you've got the advantage of the 2nd and 3rd lineups. This year it seems strangely light on electronic, and Inforoo supposedly had Blackstar and Massive Attack confirmed as well, which would be really interesting (I think Blackstar went against MMJ in 2006, or maybe it was Blackalicious).

The risk here is that (a) bogus tickets and (b) being the "10th" year there's a big chance of it selling out making tickets a bit more insane. So take that for what its worth.

I can't make a commitment until late may, but I will say this: if MMJ has a late night set, I am almost certain that would be a deciding factor for me in and of itself. Unless hangout or Mountainjam (Waka is too far for me) can guarantee they have an open-ended set list, I am likely going to try to go

Plus there's the whole superjam thing. I think any member of this band is ripe for joining in a few songs. I'd even rate the chance of a Patrick set on drums as exceptionally high since he toured with Dan in support of his solo album.
I'm surrounded by assholes

iLikeBeer

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 17, 2011, 04:10 PM
Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 17, 2011, 11:40 AM

Whatever helps you justify one way or the other, let me know. Maybe it will make sense to me too.

Well, after talking things over with my wife, I think I'd rather take the money we would spend on a festival and use it to go to multiple Jacket shows over the summer (hoping they have an extensive tour off the new album) as well as going to see some other intriguing artists on tour this summer.  Tentatively kicking things off May 28th in Columbus with the Avetts.   8)

I don't know if this helps you out at all, but it is helping me justify things a bit...  For now anyways.   :D   :)

oistheone

Anyone else pick up tickets?

I decided to go big for the tenth anniversary of the festival and picked up VIP tickets. After four years of GA camping, I figure VIP tickets will add something new to the Bonnaroo experience.

June can't come soon enough. Now let's get some non-festival tour dates already!

DaFunkyPrecedent

lets do it again...
God damn those shaky knees.