BONNAROO 2011

Started by buaawwww, Feb 15, 2011, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: cheesemuffins on Feb 24, 2011, 04:54 PM
Purchased tickets on Saturday but can't go any more. Anybody need tickets?!
Dude, that's a bummer.  I can't do 'roo either, or I'd be PM'ing you. 

By the way, there is a new subforum in The Shows section for selling tix.

http://mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Here's a little article from RS (1125, 3/3/11)

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Pkyankfan

^^^ Man was that a great night... Probably my favorite MMJ show... Cool little article... Thanks for posting!

MMJ late night is a must for Roo '11

cheesemuffins

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 25, 2011, 08:42 AM
Quote from: cheesemuffins on Feb 24, 2011, 04:54 PM
Purchased tickets on Saturday but can't go any more. Anybody need tickets?!
Dude, that's a bummer.  I can't do 'roo either, or I'd be PM'ing you. 

By the way, there is a new subforum in The Shows section for selling tix.

http://mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

Thanks for the heads up man! Turns out I'm still going as of now just with different people who I don't really like all that much  :-\ It's going to be a long ass 20ish hour drive lol. If they are crazy and don't want to see MMJ I may be looking to meet up with people from here!

CTdeadhead

Roo tickets are never that scarce.  Heck I've never seeen so many scalpers as I did at Roo's entry road.  Craiglist will be chock full of tickets too. 

e_wind

Its been a long long debate between all of my friends between waka and roo with a ton of flip flopping but i think we landed on Roo. Roo has a better line up but waka has a better everything else. So, I guess I'll see you guys on the farm.

The only way i wont be at roo is if electric forest blows us all away on monday, but its not going to happen based on the rumors ive read.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

.Walt

I'll be going to Bonnaroo! I'm hoping to actually meet up with all of you this year. (I haven't order the tickets just yet, but it's about 99% a go. Should be a official this Saturday)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Erik26

I'm sure that MMJ will be one of the top shows, if not the top show of the weekend but there are a lot of other amazing acts at Bonnaroo. Who are you guys excited to see? Here is a list of the so far confirmed acts I want to catch.

-Arcade Fire
-Black Keys
-Buffalo Springfield
-String Cheese Incident
-The Decemberists
-Ray Lamontagne
-Dr John
-Pretty Lights
-STS9
-Explosions in the Sky
-Florence & The Machine
-Deerhunter
-Wanda Jackson
-Portugal The Man
-Phosphorecent
-Black Angels
-Karen Elson

That is stuff I really want to see. I honestly think the only acts I don't want to see are the hip hop guys.

Is anyone else going to Bonnaroo for the first time? This will be our first trip to the farm. We are camping in tent only and probably trying to get somewhere around the Inforoo camp from the forum boards. What's everybody else planning?
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

.Walt

This is going to my 2nd time, and I'll be camping. Inforoo and forum buddies on here were very helpful to making my first time a great time. So if you have any questions let me know. It looks like our list will be the very similar.

My Morning Jacket
The Black Keys
Arcade Fire
Buffalo Springfield
Superjam
Dr. John
Big Boi
Gregg Allman
Explosions in the Sky
The Strokes
Wanda Jackson (I expect Jack White to be there)
The Black Angels
Bassnectar
Bootsy Collins

They'll still announce way more. I wouldn't mind seeing Eminem. I'd never just go see him, but since he's there, what hell, right? The list already is better than the time I went in 08, so it was a easy choice to go.

e_wind

Quote from: Walts on Mar 01, 2011, 01:38 PM
This is going to my 2nd time, and I'll be camping. Inforoo and forum buddies on here were very helpful to making my first time a great time. So if you have any questions let me know. It looks like our list will be the very similar.

My Morning Jacket
The Black Keys
Arcade Fire
Buffalo Springfield
Superjam
Dr. John
Big Boi
Gregg Allman
Explosions in the Sky
The Strokes
Wanda Jackson (I expect Jack White to be there)
The Black Angels
Bassnectar
Bootsy Collins

They'll still announce way more. I wouldn't mind seeing Eminem. I'd never just go see him, but since he's there, what hell, right? The list already is better than the time I went in 08, so it was a easy choice to go.

I'll have to kindly disagree and say '08's line up was amazing. Pearl Jam and Jacket. All ya need man, all ya need.

e_wind

Quote from: Erik26 on Mar 01, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm sure that MMJ will be one of the top shows, if not the top show of the weekend but there are a lot of other amazing acts at Bonnaroo. Who are you guys excited to see? Here is a list of the so far confirmed acts I want to catch.

-Arcade Fire
-Black Keys
-Buffalo Springfield
-String Cheese Incident
-The Decemberists
-Ray Lamontagne
-Dr John
-Pretty Lights
-STS9
-Explosions in the Sky
-Florence & The Machine
-Deerhunter
-Wanda Jackson
-Portugal The Man
-Phosphorecent
-Black Angels
-Karen Elson

That is stuff I really want to see. I honestly think the only acts I don't want to see are the hip hop guys.

Is anyone else going to Bonnaroo for the first time? This will be our first trip to the farm. We are camping in tent only and probably trying to get somewhere around the Inforoo camp from the forum boards. What's everybody else planning?

Might I make a suggestion to you and anyone else really. An E-Z Up with a tarp facing East on the side and another on the ground plus any sort of cot/mattress (however thin is fine) makes  a much better sleeping arrangement than a tent. Tents trap heat so fast and wake you up at 630-7 every morning. I took a tent last year and my friend took an EZ up and a cot. I would wake after an hour and a half of sleep from the heat and when he woke up just go get on his cot and could sleep until nine. The easy up allows for a breeze and its worth it. I'm also taking ear plugs this year without a doubt. I think I'll probably stuff a small tent in my car incase of a crazy downpour, which we didn't get last year. The EZ-Up is more expensive obviously, but I figure if I buy one I can use it for future festivals and events.

.Walt

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 01, 2011, 02:41 PM

I'll have to kindly disagree and say '08's line up was amazing. Pearl Jam and Jacket. All ya need man, all ya need.

Haha, yeah 08 was good, plus it was the first time I've seen Pearl Jam. But this year I'll finally get to see The Keys. They always sellout in a day here. I've been screwed over by just waiting a day too long before, so this year is more about after years and years I finally get to see them. I'm really excited!

Erik26

I'd love to bring an e-z up but we are flying from Calgary so that isn't happening. LOL. There are a lot of things I would bring if I was driving but we'll have to survive with whatever we can bring. That and some awesome inforoo-sters offer to pick things up for people and then hook up at the show for an exchange. What a great sense of community!

Although the 08 lineup was sick this year is as good or better depending on what you like. I am a PJ nut but have seen them several times elsewhere as has most every PJ fan. This years festival offers some huge once in a lifetime acts/ potential collaborations which Bonnaroo said is their goal for this year. Buffalo Springfield and Dr John!!! Wanda Jackson and Loretta Lynn!

Jack White is playing drums for his wife Karen and I also heard that Carl 'snowy bramble' is playing lap steel for her. I also expect Jack to play with Wanda (their album rocks).

I can see Neil coming out with MMJ and that will make my face melt.

There is so much more to talk and speculate about but we have 3 months to go so I'll leave it at that for now!

BONNAROOOOOOOO!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

e_wind

Yeah based on abovefactors plus the fact that jack white has been heavy in the news lately I figured he may show up for super jam.

.Walt

Quote from: Erik26 on Mar 02, 2011, 08:54 PM

Although the 08 lineup was sick this year is as good or better depending on what you like. I am a PJ nut but have seen them several times elsewhere as has most every PJ fan. This years festival offers some huge once in a lifetime acts/ potential collaborations which Bonnaroo said is their goal for this year. Buffalo Springfield and Dr John!!! Wanda Jackson and Loretta Lynn!

Jack White is playing drums for his wife Karen and I also heard that Carl 'snowy bramble' is playing lap steel for her. I also expect Jack to play with Wanda (their album rocks).

There is so much more to talk and speculate about but we have 3 months to go so I'll leave it at that for now!

BONNAROOOOOOOO!

Haha yeah, we have 3 months to speculate, but if even one of your feelings comes true I'd freak. BUT if Neil plays with the Jacket for even just one song I'd say my life is complete. Lets hope for the best!!!

jlaw

So I would love to go to Roo this year. I've never been, I live near Toronto, Ontario so it will be a far drive, but I'm sure it will be worth it if MMJ's set was what it was like in 08 at Roo. My question is though; last time I checked only level 4 tickets were available. I don't mind paying 250 or even 300 to go but how many more tickets do they have before they sell out? If they do, I should be able to find some on kijiji/craigslist/other places, am I right? I reaalllly need to find a job so I can get on this!

oistheone

Quote from: Erik26 on Mar 02, 2011, 08:54 PM
I'd love to bring an e-z up but we are flying from Calgary so that isn't happening. LOL. There are a lot of things I would bring if I was driving but we'll have to survive with whatever we can bring. That and some awesome inforoo-sters offer to pick things up for people and then hook up at the show for an exchange. What a great sense of community!

BONNAROOOOOOOO!

Really don't mean to rain on the parade here, but while Jack and Carl played on Karen Elson's album, neither have joined her on stage for live performances. She uses a different, but equally bitchin' band. Jackson Smith (son of Patti -- husband of Meg) is a fantastic guitarist.

scosby2

on jambase it says that mmj are playing 6/9 at bonnaroo. it still says may 20-22 at the hangout.

e_wind

I would be willing to be it only says 6/9 because that's the day it starts. I'd be wildly surprised if they played thursday

itrainmonkeys

They won't be playing Thursday. According to Insider on inforoo (who hasn't been wrong yet) they will play Friday Night. Either before or after Arcade Fire.