04/27 Philadelphia, PA - First Unitarian Church
04/28 Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
04/30 Montreal, Quebec - Cafe Campus
05/01 Toronto, Ontario - Phoenix Concert Theatre
05/03 Chicago, IL - Lincoln Hall
05/06 Washington, DC - Black Cat
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

Dang, I wish ChiTown was just a bit closer.    Thanks for the update and thread Ruckus.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Quote from: BH on Feb 16, 2011, 11:08 AM
Dang, I wish ChiTown was just a bit closer.    Thanks for the update and thread Ruckus.

What he said -- curses and thanks!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

bartel

what do people think? I think they are great personally.

Northern Neighbour

Thought their first album was great.  I haven't heard their latest album yet, but will purchase it soon.

parkervb

streamed the new album a couple of times at work.  First I heard of their work.  I like.
Don't you ever turn it off

BH

Just bought it.   I love them.    I will say I was head over heals after the first ep, then each album feels a little "samey" but I'm still a big fan and really hope to see them live sometime.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

The vinyl arrives at my house on Saturday, where I will give it a real listen, as streaming while at work isn't really doing it for me.

Innerspeaker was goddamn amazing, and I don't know how they'll ever top that EP and Half Full Glass of Wine. They may be my next iteration of Secret Machines, where everything goes sorta downhill after that initial flash of brilliance. I'd better at least get to see these guys live.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

LeanneP

Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

Ob1jacobe

Holy Crap this album is fantastic.   I will have to give Menomena a rest for the day and play this.

Good times in music.

el_chode

This is easily one of my favorite albums of the year. Heavy Lips influence if you ask me.

Mind Mischief is my favorite

Tame Impala - Mind Mischief
I'm surrounded by assholes

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: el_chode on Oct 11, 2012, 06:33 PM
This is easily one of my favorite albums of the year. Heavy Lips influence if you ask me.

Mind Mischief is my favorite

Tame Impala - Mind Mischief

Yeah, after first listen I was thinking they're taking the psychedelic pop torch from the Lips, since Lips have gotten away from it with noisier records.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

RedPatokaSea

Love it. Saw these guys a couple months back at the Outside Lands Festival in SF, though unfortunately they were set up toward the back of a ridiculously oversized stage that had been prepped for a Metallica set...kinda killed the energy. Looking forward to catching these guys at The Fillmore next month though. Woot!

bartel

everyone needs to check their new album out.. it's great and their fellow aussie's  :cool:

davymac

my roommate recently introduced me to them and i liked what i heard...i need to pick up one of their albums

Ruckus

I'm an Innerspeaker man through and through. 

Also, some of the dates coming up have The Amazing, an awesome Swedish group opening for them.  Their album The Gentle Stream drops next week.  Stoked!

Thanks to Cookie and DB for introducing them to me.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

I'm listening and I'm liking this album. I'm going to have to listen to this Innerspeaker that some of you have mentioned.

Crispy

I like the new record, but Innerspeaker is just pure, sweet, bongy deliciousness.

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Oct 19, 2012, 09:58 AM
I like the new record, but Innerspeaker is just pure, sweet, bongy deliciousness.

I just switched to Innerspeaker because of that description. Not that I didn't like the new album.

Mahgeetah34

Pretty cool band. A good way to describe them is Dr. Dog mixed with Portugal The Man.