Main Menu

Tame Impala

Started by Ruckus, Feb 16, 2011, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Man this new track sounds like Kevin Parker melted down some old Tears For Fears records, drank 'em in a smoothie and hit the studio. And I say that as unbelievably high praise. Really looking forward to this new record and tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyEB2AEqHxc

Fully

I love it. How chill it is. It's do different from the last album. I wasn't expecting this at all.

dmooney99

digging the new songs.  looking forward to their upcoming album.  I was listening to Temples the other day and there are some songs that sound very similar to Tame Impala.

I've only seen them once.  Saw them back in 2011 at the First Unitarian Church in philly, but I was there mainly to see the opening band, Yuck  :grin:  I wasn't too familiar with them back then and couldn't really understand/hear them well that night. 

lpkell2145

Love it . It's like a psychedelic slow jam.

I am no one.
20 times I wish you'd understand...

johnnYYac

Quote from: APR on Sep 18, 2014, 11:02 AM
They're back in the U.S. for a few shows in November.

Their album, "Live Versions" is really good.  The beginning of Half Full Glass of Wine is particularly rocking after Kevin Parker so calmly says "go crazy Chicago."

"Great record!"
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

APR

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 05, 2015, 03:06 PM
Man this new track sounds like Kevin Parker melted down some old Tears For Fears records, drank 'em in a smoothie and hit the studio. And I say that as unbelievably high praise. Really looking forward to this new record and tour.

This song is out there.  I'm not digging it so much yet.  I love the first song they released, "Let It Happen."  I was really fired up for the new album after hearing that one.  Now after "'Cause I'm a Man," I'm still fired up for the new album but am now expecting just about anything.  Tame Impala acoustic?  Probably not that crazy, but something cool and amazing.  Unless I am missing something, I don't see the album release date anywhere.  It must come out before their big tour

easy way

Quote from: APR on Apr 09, 2015, 03:32 PM

This song is out there.  I'm not digging it so much yet.  I love the first song they released, "Let It Happen."  I was really fired up for the new album after hearing that one.  Now after "'Cause I'm a Man," I'm still fired up for the new album but am now expecting just about anything.  Tame Impala acoustic?  Probably not that crazy, but something cool and amazing.  Unless I am missing something, I don't see the album release date anywhere.  It must come out before their big tour

No release date as of yet, unfortunately.

In re: to Tame Impala acoustic... check out that Marc Riley Acoustic Session from 2010 if you haven't already...

Solitude Is Bliss
Alter Ego
Jeremy's Storm (intro)
Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind?
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

gardenparty

after one listen the bridge sound a lot like the bridge to "Didn't I blow your mind" by the Delfonics

pretty cool song though

APR

Quote from: easy way on Apr 09, 2015, 04:29 PM
Quote from: APR on Apr 09, 2015, 03:32 PM

No release date as of yet, unfortunately.

In re: to Tame Impala acoustic... check out that Marc Riley Acoustic Session from 2010 if you haven't already...

Solitude Is Bliss
Alter Ego
Jeremy's Storm (intro)
Why Won't You Make Up Your Mind?

Cool.  I didn't know about any acoustic session.  I'm curious and will check it out for sure.  Thanks.

dmooney99

Hearing the new songs live last night from Coachella i dug them more.

APR

Kevin Parker was interviewed during the Coachella live stream and said he didn't even know when the album was coming out.    I think it's some type of marketing thing, and it will all of a sudden be out.  Hopefully before the tour gets going, I'd love to hear more new stuff especially if it's anything like "Let It Happen." 

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Stevie

Sounds very much like a breakup song... lyrically covers a lot of the ground that Jim does in "Get the Point" and "Only Memories Remain."  Funny that their new album titles could be seen as similar too..  The Waterfall vs. Currents, although current could relate more to electricity than water.

bartel

obsessed with this band at the moment... new tracks are superb.

APR

Quote from: bartel on May 13, 2015, 03:40 PM
obsessed with this band at the moment... new tracks are superb.

Totally.  Second favorite behind MMJ.  I found out about Tame Impala (among many others) from the Forum, and I'm so thankful for that.  I just wish they changed up their setlist.

oistheone

They were changing it a bit between Coachella and other festival dates, but now it looks like they've locked it in. Going to the show in Toronto next Tuesday and it's been a long time since I've anticipated a concert this highly! Will be my first time seeing them.

Anyone seen them yet on this leg of the tour?

kotchishm

Quote from: oistheone on May 14, 2015, 11:36 AM
They were changing it a bit between Coachella and other festival dates, but now it looks like they've locked it in. Going to the show in Toronto next Tuesday and it's been a long time since I've anticipated a concert this highly! Will be my first time seeing them.

Anyone seen them yet on this leg of the tour?

I'm seeing them on June 6 in DC.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

ellisintransit

I saw them at the Ryman last Monday.  Effing outstanding.  I've been to 40+ shows at the Ryman, and this one sounded better than almost any other I can remember.  Their light show and visuals were awesome. 

ManNamedTruth

Seeing them for the first time in Pittsburgh, June 3rd (day before MMJ).
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

dookie shoot bandit

Really diggin the Disciples track. Only thing that sucks, is its less than 2 minutes long. But, good news is it looks like they extend it live!