MMJ - University Of Kentucky - Sunday, 4/17/11

Started by e_wind, Mar 02, 2011, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

dg, you might want to double-bag for safety  ;)

to add:  band members were catching a LOT of air during this show.  no jetpacks in evidence.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

E89

Hey My Peoples,

My friend just reviewed the Lexington show over at Consequence of Sound.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/04/live-review-my-morning-jacket-in-lexington-ky-417/

It's his first piece for the site. Give him some comment love!

:dankk2:

rmpotsy

Quote from: ms. yvon on Apr 20, 2011, 11:11 PM
dg, you might want to double-bag for safety  ;)

to add:  band members were catching a LOT of air during this show.  no jetpacks in evidence.

lots of air, lots of leg kicks, and i swear i saw jim do the chuck berry duck walk across the stage at one point
out go the lights it begins

mahg33ta

theonlyone

rmpotsy

ive got pretty good eyes and we were sitting in the stands above the floor.  i did not see a rig and asked a few people on the floor if they saw one hidden.  as far as i know, no luck.

e_wind

in retrospect, this show had an amazing setlist. Butch Cassidy, Evil Urges, Lowdown, Wonderful Man, Dancefloors, PWW, Highly, Lay Low, Way He Sings, as well as the usual suspects. A Mageetah opener into Anytime. This was the last pre-Circuital show too... And we all got to go to the meet n greet, which fell on  record store day. damn what a weekend that was!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rmpotsy

yes and yes.  everything about this show was great... except the crowd.

e_wind

Yeah that was the worst crowd ever. Actually that was my least favorite experience at an MMJ show but I wish there was a recording
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Denethor

PWW got cut didn't it? And yes, the crowd (not to mention security and giant walls of concrete to echo the sound everywhere) sucked....

ajclements004

This was my first MMJ show.  Stood in the GA crowd and had a blast.  Ranks up there with one of the best I've seen.  I've seen them 5 times now.