MMJ - University Of Kentucky - Sunday, 4/17/11

Started by e_wind, Mar 02, 2011, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

ericm

Quote from: subinai on Mar 04, 2011, 05:23 PM
anyone from NYC going to this?

Not from NYC, but I'm giving some serious thought to heading to Kentucky again from Jersey.
"Where's Jim going?"

TheBigChicken

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 02, 2011, 04:47 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 02, 2011, 03:12 PM
Damn!   >:(

My April break start the following week.  Can't do it.  :'(

be patient, JY..i know more dates are coming..(w/less frat boys)  ;)
[/quote

this coming from a chick who's seen MMJ 50 times in the past year ....c'mon Penny :-\
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

e_wind

This show will be my 8th MMJ/Jim show but is only 3 days shy of one year since my first. It must be Jims anniversary present to me. What a sweetie
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jessdogky

a buddy of mine got our tickets a little bit ago.  they are student tickets, so i hope i don't have any trouble at the door.  floor seats must already be sold out, because he asked for floor but got side tickets.  this might be a hard ticket to get if you aren't a student or know some students!

e_wind

Yup I got my tickets. Got a text at like 1030 or so that they were in the mail to my house from a friend. We'll see what kind I got when I get them

rusty95

Quote from: Jessdogky on Mar 07, 2011, 10:04 AM
a buddy of mine got our tickets a little bit ago.  they are student tickets, so i hope i don't have any trouble at the door.  floor seats must already be sold out, because he asked for floor but got side tickets.  this might be a hard ticket to get if you aren't a student or know some students!

Hopefully this means they saved some for the public to buy on the 12th 8)
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

toretm

Not to be a Downer but I have some reservations about a student tixs. I shot an email to my cousin who works ticketing for Rupp and Memorial. She will get them for me on the condition "you can try if you want to but I'll be very surprised if you will actually get in. The people who work the door are UK student activities boards people and they are bitches about letting people in, they turn away everyone without a valid student ID even with student tickets. People get pissed, we get loads of complaints and nothing we can do. Students completely control this and make sure the show is exclusively by students for students"
Needless to say she got her point across and now I'm feeling obligated to fork out the extra $25 to guarantee my way in.  ???

e_wind

I already got my tickets. I'm of college age and since people have called I will try my hardest to get in anyway. When tickets go on sale for ticket master will someone please let me know they got them so we can discuss what it says where on the tickets. It doesn't say "student tickets" anywhere. It does however say that they were 25.00 obviously and UK SAB Presents

ms. yvon

if you're really worried i would print out the statement on the website that says you don't need a student ID at the door. and bring it with you to the show.

but this isn't a students only event so it shouldn't be an issue.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

daddycool

A link to the site that states don't need a student ticket at the door would be greatly appreciated.  I got my tickets from relatives yesterday and will use their ID's if necessary, but it would be nice if I could bring the statement from the site.

Of course, am planning on hearing the new album in it's entirety with some gems at the end at the show!

e_wind

Quote from: daddycool on Mar 09, 2011, 01:34 PM
A link to the site that states don't need a student ticket at the door would be greatly appreciated. 

ms. yvon

Quote from: flyguy on Mar 02, 2011, 03:49 PM
From the UK Student Activities Board Facebook page:

"We are not checking IDs at the door. We are checking IDs at the ticket window. One ticket per ID. The ID must be a valid, full-time ID."
well i scoured the f/b page and any pertinent links i could find and couldn't find this statement.  best i came up with is this from the UK student activities web site:
QuoteIf there are any comments or questions concerning ticket sales please email concerts@uksab.org or text SABQ followed by your question to 411-247 and we'll reply.

rather than sweat bullets about the whole thing it might be worth trying to get a GA ticket.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

jones

Quote from: ms. yvon on Mar 09, 2011, 08:46 PM
Quote from: flyguy on Mar 02, 2011, 03:49 PM
From the UK Student Activities Board Facebook page:

"We are not checking IDs at the door. We are checking IDs at the ticket window. One ticket per ID. The ID must be a valid, full-time ID."
well i scoured the f/b page and any pertinent links i could find and couldn't find this statement.  best i came up with is this from the UK student activities web site:
QuoteIf there are any comments or questions concerning ticket sales please email concerts@uksab.org or text SABQ followed by your question to 411-247 and we'll reply.

rather than sweat bullets about the whole thing it might be worth trying to get a GA ticket.
I copied and pasted that post right from the admin on their page, but when I went back to find it again it was gone.  I dunno.

mgriff73

Mark,

Thanks again for calling to check about your MMJ tickets.  As the event management, we do have a right to ask to see a UK student ID if there the individual has a student ticket.  However, at this concert the only way we would ask to see the ID is if individuals are behaving in a disruptive manner.  At the ticket office, it also states that a ticket does not guarantee admittance, which means if we feel you are a threat to yourself or others we do not have to let you into the venue. 

So come to the show and enjoy it and there should not be a problem.  Once again, I do appreciate you checking with us regarding your ticket and I am glad that you are excited to MMJ live at UK.

Thanks,
Josh

Josh Lucas

Assistant Director, Student Activities Board

Office of Student Involvement

Division of Student Affairs

203 Student Center, Lexington KY 40506-0030

859.257.8867 (phone); 859.323.9820 (fax)

www.uky.edu/getinvolved

daddycool

Wonderful!!  A weight off of my shoulders.  Now, just can't be too obnoxious....

e_wind

SO, don't act like a chode, basically. Sounds good.

Hawkeye

Dang, this is the day of my birth.  The big 28.  I should go to this.  It's a Sunday tho...would need Monday off of work.  And going to NOLA a few weeks after.  Hmm.  Well probably not going, but glad y'all can get in with the student tix!
We could.

ericm

Anyone have a link to a detailed seating chart?

I keep pulling section V, but the TM chart doesn't show any section V.

Is the floor all ga? I've pulled ga's too, but they say "limited view". I'd really like to make the ride from Jersey, but not if I'm stuck behind a pole or something.

Thanks.
"Where's Jim going?"

slappymoe

limited view???

got 4, section v, row 13.  but it said "limited view."

according to the seating charts i've seen, that's basically half-court.  what about that is "limited view?"  anyone familiar with the place?

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/kty/graphics/image_lib/g-memorialbbchart.jpg