MMJ Rolling Stone Article...

Started by Reggie, Mar 03, 2011, 08:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

SaraBananaBear

Woop, woop, thanks for sharing, great article. I really like this part:

"The setting was a throwback to the band's first three albums, which were recorded in a Kentucky grain silo — but the music is hardly a return to roots. With trippy keyboards, twisted pop hooks and fuzzed-out guitar attacks, Circuital feels like the culmination of the sonic adventures the band began with 2005's Z — while also capturing the power and dynamics that have made MMJ one of the greatest live bands of their generation."

Bring it on!
:D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

My Monkey Friend

great article, although a little confusing. i thought the band WAS going back to its roots on circuital. i was hoping for some loose, pedal steel laced rock. not sure that is going to happen.

thats not to say this album wont be completely awesome.

wolof7

Quote from: Cameron on Mar 03, 2011, 09:13 AM
I need a release date!

Yeah they are really holding out, keeping us in anticipation, figured it would have been announced by now.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

headhunter

geez, this is really wetting my appetite.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

jmk

Crazy amount of tidbits and info in there.

subinai

excited to see an EPK for this, if they do one. wonder what the promo goodness will come out before the album. that'd be great if they put out a new song every week that wasn't going to be on the album ala Kanye.

ChiefOKONO

scosby2

awesome article! this wait is killin' me

johnnYYac

I still want to know why a paid subscriber to RS (me) still hasn't gotten his copy.  Grrrrr. >:(
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 03, 2011, 04:00 PM
I still want to know why a paid subscriber to RS (me) still hasn't gotten his copy.  Grrrrr. >:(

Same question here.  It's articles like this that keep me paying them to send magazines with Beiber and Snookie on the cover.

ynwa

thanks for sharing  :)  i'm liking all the tidbits that are coming out.  and hey, great pics from the ramble in there!!!  the anticipation continues to grow wildly out of control!  i suppose the free downloads over the next few weeks will suffice  ;)
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

CTdeadhead

The Home Stretch folks!  New music on the way, its so close I can taste it!

MMJ_fanatic

Nice article--thanks for posting.
Does anyone else feel the universe vibrating with the pre-release hertz and mega hertz of this cd????????? :thumbsup:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.