Red Rocks/JacketFestWest 2011

Started by Crispy, Mar 23, 2011, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Let's just get this started, Shall we?

Crispy

I will be taking up residence at my cabin in Boulder County that whole week, so any of you fine folks in the Denver area are welcome to visit and/or camp in the days before and after the show. If we have enough of a crowd, we'll call it JacketFestWest! And if Dylan shows up, it'll be official!  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

baconus66

This is just the coolest thing ever!  My New Year's resolution was to see a show at Red Rocks.  Then MMJ go and announce a show there ON MY BIRTHDAY :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck to all in the pre-sale!

Seeker

I'm still nervous about this pre-sale.

BTW- the night before the MMJ show, the Flaming Lips are performing at Red Rocks, and featuring their full rendition of Dark Side of the Moon.

e_wind

Quote from: Seeker on Mar 23, 2011, 11:32 AM

BTW- the night before the MMJ show, the Flaming Lips are performing at Red Rocks, and featuring their full rendition of Dark Side of the Moon.

DAMMIT I'm such an idiot. Flaming Lips and Jacket back to back at Red Rocks. I would love to do that, but I'm not a trigger puller and I'm in louisville. Shit.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ynwa

crispy - thank you for this most generous offer!  ya know, it really shouldn't at this point, but the kindness of people in here never ceases to amaze me  :)

i've spent the better part of my morning talking myself into road-tripping for this.  JacketFestWest @ Camp Crispy sounds mighty fine  :beer:

"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Crispy

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 23, 2011, 11:40 AM
Quote from: Seeker on Mar 23, 2011, 11:32 AM

DAMMIT I'm such an idiot. Flaming Lips and Jacket back to back at Red Rocks. I would love to do that, but I'm not a trigger puller and I'm in louisville. Shit.

As a notorious trigger-puller, I just bought my ticket to the Flaming Lips show too.

You bet, ynwa! And there will be many  :beer: :beer: :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ALady

Quote from: baconus66 on Mar 23, 2011, 11:15 AM
This is just the coolest thing ever!  My New Year's resolution was to see a show at Red Rocks.  Then MMJ go and announce a show there ON MY BIRTHDAY :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck to all in the pre-sale!

Dawwww, this is great!  Good luck!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 23, 2011, 11:01 AM
Let's just get this started, Shall we?

Crispy

I will be taking up residence at my cabin in Boulder County that whole week, so any of you fine folks in the Denver area are welcome to visit and/or camp in the days before and after the show. If we have enough of a crowd, we'll call it JacketFestWest! And if Dylan shows up, it'll be official!  ;)

Very cool of you to offer Crispy. 8)

I hope to be back on this thread in about an hour doing a happy dance and offically signing up for JacketFestWest!

Good luck to all trying for tix, and I hope to see you there.
"Where's Jim going?"

baconus66

Crap I didn't get any :'(

God I hope there are good tickets for the reg presale or general sale

Seeker

Well- it turns out (as I am sure you all saw) that they are GA for the first 24 rows. I was going to go ahead and buy a pair, but it would not allow another delivery method except will call. I don't like messing with will call when I am waiting in line to get the seats I want, so I didn't pull the trigger. I will buy the normal way and have the tix mailed to me.

BH

Got two for me and the wife.   Fees were only half of ticketmasters fees and they are GA tickets in the first 25 rows.   This is my kind of PRESALE!   I'm surprised they went that fast bacon.   Sorry you didn't get any.   These are Will Call only so they buyer is the only person that can use them.  Not sure how the scalpers will handle it but they won't be able to sell these type of tickets.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

mahg33ta

Quote from: Seeker on Mar 23, 2011, 02:07 PM
Well- it turns out (as I am sure you all saw) that they are GA for the first 24 rows. I was going to go ahead and buy a pair, but it would not allow another delivery method except will call. I don't like messing with will call when I am waiting in line to get the seats I want, so I didn't pull the trigger. I will buy the normal way and have the tix mailed to me.

I was in the same boat - I pulled a pair of GA... I was going to buy until I got to the will call part - way too early to figure out for sure if I can be there (that's what 1 days notice does!) and couldn't take the risk of eating the tix.

Crispy

Quote from: baconus66 on Mar 23, 2011, 02:05 PM
Crap I didn't get any :'(

God I hope there are good tickets for the reg presale or general sale

Never fear, you'll be able to get a GA ticket later with no problem, and those are the ones you want. I went ahead and got two, as I know Seeker will save my spot at the front of the line.  :thumbsup:

vespachick

:D ;D We're in.  Hubs pulled 2 GA and I pulled 2 in Row 26.  Hello Denver!  :thumbsup:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

baconus66

The question is was that the entire allotment of first 24 row GA tics or will those still be available in the other pre-sale and/or reg sale

BH

Keep checking people, they are avail again!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pinebarrens

Scored 2 tickets! This will be my first time seeing the Jacket live and first show at Red Rocks! Can't wait!

the_wizzard

Whew, that sold out in 5 minutes folks.  I got the GA (woot woot) and am fine with will call.  I will be traveling with Mr. Wizzard so he holds our spot in line while I go to will call.  Voila!

I am so excited!!!!  After so many years wanting and pining to see just the right show at Red Rocks, MMJ delivers!

Now where is Soul Shine?  I can't wait for JacketfestMountainWest  :D

Hubcap

picked up 2 ga.  This is turning out to be the best week for me.  I just happen to be going out to denver for vacation to see my phillies play the rockies as i am from philadelphia.  Then they announce this yesterday.  Cant Wait!

usually with the presale they will only allow so many in each section.  I doubt all in the ga 1-24 are sold out.

the giant steps

I got 26-4X and 26-4X .. Any idea on the arrangement here? First 25 rows are GA, are all of the rest assigned?