Red Rocks/JacketFestWest 2011

Started by Crispy, Mar 23, 2011, 11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Question, since there is more GA at the back, does that mean if you don't get in line quick enough, you may end up in the very back?   Or is it separate GA?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ynwa

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 23, 2011, 02:43 PM
Quote from: twofingers on Mar 23, 2011, 02:38 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Mar 23, 2011, 02:32 PM
Just picked up a GA ticket. Never been to CO, but this is a bucket list venue for me.

DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME DO???  >:(

Now I'm pissed.  ;)

Got two GA myself!!!! This summer kicks so much ass.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer: :D

It's RED ROCKIN our fuckin panties off is it's doin!

;D ;D ;D

yay ky!!!
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

vespachick

There up again; just had 2 ga in my hand and released them....
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Crispy

Quote from: BH on Mar 23, 2011, 02:46 PM
Question, since there is more GA at the back, does that mean if you don't get in line quick enough, you may end up in the very back?   Or is it separate GA?
Your GA ticket works in either area, and in my experience, it takes a long time for the lower GA to fill up, you don't have to stand in line. I've gone in long after the gates have opened and gotten down there, and anywhere below row 25 is pretty good.

The pad has a spot with your name on it, Ky, but I'm not sure about the pretzels. You'll be hitching a ride with ynwa and the rest of the east coasters!  :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Seeker

I think it is great so many of you are traveling out here for the show at Red Rocks.

The Rockies are also in town that week, a trip to Coors Field is always good too.  Catch the Phillies the day before in the afternoon or Washington Nationals the next night.

ericm

Count me in for the cabin and JacketFestWest Crispy.

Just let me know what you need and I'll bring it.

What's your beverage of choice?

Next up is some travel plans for us East Coasters.Something else we can bs about at MtnJam ;). I'm planning on flying Newark -Denver sometime Wednesday and returning Saturday.

I was hoping to catch an am flight. If anyone is doing the same let me know. I'll be renting a car and be happy to give you a lift.

"Where's Jim going?"

Jane

Jane +1

always a dream to go to red rocks. time for that dream to come true.

Flozez

Alright. Kind of messed up.  Got my tickets before I read this thread. I ended up getting the Reserved section Row 26 (I think) in an attempt to get as close as possible.  I was thinking that the more expensive tickets would be closer.  Duh!   Should I suck it up and buy a pair of GA's?  Big fan from B-lo, NY.   Coming to Red Rocks for the first time.  Cheers!

aMillionDreams

I haven't gotten my tickets yet, but I plan on coming out.  Thanks for the offer, Crispy, I'll probably take you up on it.  Are GA seats still available?  With two jobs I'm not as on top of things as I usually am.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Mar 23, 2011, 03:06 PM

Next up is some travel plans for us East Coasters.Something else we can bs about at MtnJam ;) . I'm planning on flying Newark -Denver sometime Wednesday and returning Saturday.

I was hoping to catch an am flight. If anyone is doing the same let me know. I'll be renting a car and be happy to give you a lift.

See you there, Eric! More details as the summer progresses...

Alright, Dylan! Ima cook you a steak like I told you how to do it.  ;) You will be able to get GA tix with no problem when the regular sale commences.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

tdb810

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 23, 2011, 03:28 PM

Next up is some travel plans for us East Coasters.Something else we can bs about at MtnJam ;) . I'm planning on flying Newark -Denver sometime Wednesday and returning Saturday.

Alright, Dylan! Ima cook you a steak like I told you how to do it.  ;) You will be able to get GA tix with no problem when the regular sale commences.

This sounds so awesome.....Bob and I are still on the fence for this....we both desperately want to check out this venue, but -- and im being honest here -- i feel totally guilty leaving our daughter in Jersey during summer, and I just don't know if this is the trip for her....so, we shall see....but so happy for all y'all! 
.....Back at the Model Home

Crispy

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 23, 2011, 03:32 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Mar 23, 2011, 03:28 PM

This sounds so awesome.....Bob and I are still on the fence for this....we both desperately want to check out this venue, but -- and im being honest here -- i feel totally guilty leaving our daughter in Jersey during summer, and I just don't know if this is the trip for her....so, we shall see....but so happy for all y'all!

Hey, if you can swing it, the cabin is a fine place for chilluns too. In fact, there's a dude/guest ranch just down the hill from our place that you guys might be interested in, and all manner of good family stuff elswhere -- Denver, Boulder, Estes Park. She could go to the show too, right?

ericm

Quote from: tdb810 on Mar 23, 2011, 03:32 PM

I know where you're coming from Trish. When my kids were young I had a hard time leaving them too.

The only times I could were when they were with my parents for their vacation. I still felt guilty,even though it was only for a day or two, once or twice over the years.

I always tried to make it up to them by letting them pick something cool they wanted to do, or someplace to go.Not really a bribe...more like a trade. Ended up seeing more than my share of what they thought was "cool" ;) but I know I more than made it up to them. In fact I'd say they don't even remember me having a little getaway,but they've never forgotten their "fun days".

Hope you and Bob can work something out and join us.
"Where's Jim going?"

Penny Lane

I'll geek it out and start a roll call for the Jacketfest West Red Rocks extravaganza:

1. Crispy
2. Soulshine
3. ericm
4. Penny
5. Ky
6. twofingers
7. Vespa
8. Wizzard
9. Jane Cool
10. ynwa
11. lil sis
12. dead (Teo)
13. crazylove
14. aMD
15. BH

i didn't add fence-riders
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Who you callin' a fence rider.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Seeker

Quote from: Penny Lane on Mar 23, 2011, 03:53 PM
I'll geek it out and start a roll call for the Jacketfest West Red Rocks extravaganza:

1. Crispy
2. Soulshine
3. ericm
4. Penny
5. Ky
6. twofingers
7. Vespa
8. Wizzard
9. Jane Cool
10. ynwa
11. lil sis
12. dead (Teo)
13. crazylove
14. aMD
15. BH

i didn't add fence-riders

I will admit I'm more of a lurker here, and I won't need to crash at Crispy's (I live in Westminster) but I hope to meet you all for some of the festivities, so stick me on the roll call please!

Seeker/aka/Charles

mahg33ta

Quote from: bluesky on Mar 23, 2011, 04:13 PM
and me

Quote from: Ruckus on Mar 23, 2011, 04:03 PM
Quote from: BH on Mar 23, 2011, 03:57 PM
Who you callin' a fence rider.

Me
definitely ME.  Much like Trish, may not make it without kid in tow, and this may not be the trip to try this for the first time.   

ericm

RR presale is still available. Both ga and res. :o
"Where's Jim going?"