My Modern Rock/Indie Vinyl Collection - Cool Pearl Jam Story Too

Started by restlesssoul, Mar 28, 2011, 12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

restlesssoul

2006X5, 2008x2, 2011x2, 2012x1, 2013x1, 2015x2

Im The Dude

nice collection! I like the pearl jam stuff you got...How did you get them to sign the Ten vinyl? Where do you buy your records at?
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

restlesssoul

thanks for watching, glad you enjoyed. Im pretty proud of them, I play them all the time.

The pearl jam stuff has been a work in progress. I have accumulated over a long period, as its expensive. you wont find those in stores very often. the ten vinyl was signed over a period also, but if you pause the video right in the beginning, that framed poster is signed by the whole band too. its the vancouver 2009 show, with setlist and pic that ed gave me. i was front row. pretty nuts.

after I throw him a Who hankerchief, he gives me the pic starting at 4:15 of this video if you are interested. unbelievable night.
Pearl Jam in Vancouver- Yellow Ledbetter

I buy my vinyl at local record stores here in vancouver and hit up the flea market. we have 6 or 7 decent stores. and I ebay the odd thing too. Also, subscribing to Third Man Records Vault releases is a must! Take care!

Im The Dude

Thats awesome...how did you get the front row? If you're in Ten Club then you must have been a member for years at least 10+. I've been a member since 2006. It must have been mind blowing to be front row for pearl jam. What did Eddie say to you? He looked so thankful.

Are you a fan of Radiohead too?

restlesssoul

I joined the ten club in 2005. But for this show I organized and threw the pre party. I also was in charge of the pre party for the solo Ed shows in Vancouver in 2008. I guess they rewarded me and I "won" the lottery for this show. You know how the first, second, ninth and tenth are lottery now right? Well, I won. Yeah Ed was pretty thankful for that Hanky. I held it up duirng Love Reign and he saw it and acknowledged it then. So right when I threw it up and it hit him, he knew exactly what it was, he was gracious. He was just mouthing thank you and stuff like that. I've seen PJ 30 times and that was the only front row I have ever/will ever get probably. Its a moment I will never forget obviously. Im so lucky someone recorded it in HD too. perfect. Also at each pre party, Pearl Jam donates a signed poster from that show, and I was the highest bidder, so i have the pic, setlist, and signed band poster all from my front row show....its nuts...i still cant believe it. holy grail or what?

Not really a radiohead fan. anyways, take it easy buddy! im restlesssoul on the pearl jam board, based in vancouver. maybe we will cross paths.
chow

e_wind

That is amazing and mind blowing and every other positive adjective possible that THE MAN himself owns your hanky. so awesome for you man. so so awesome.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

FiddleCastro

ugh, this video made me order the Yeah Yeah Yeahs self-titled EP. I hope you're happy  ;D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

restlesssoul

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Mar 29, 2011, 10:05 PM
ugh, this video made me order the Yeah Yeah Yeahs self-titled EP. I hope you're happy  ;D

rip into it and crank ART STAR. moneys worth right there.

glad I could better at least one collection!

restlesssoul

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 29, 2011, 09:51 PM
That is amazing and mind blowing and every other positive adjective possible that THE MAN himself owns your hanky. so awesome for you man. so so awesome.

Thanks man!

FiddleCastro

Quote from: restlesssoul on Mar 29, 2011, 11:49 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Mar 29, 2011, 10:05 PM

rip into it and crank ART STAR. moneys worth right there.

glad I could better at least one collection!

That was my song of the day today!

I also finally completed my MMJ LP collection and ordered At Dawn, too.

Here's my collection, including the new additions!

Nicole Atkins - Neptune City
Ben Harper & Relentless 7 - Shimmer & Shine Record Store Day Single
Clutch - Live at The Googolplex
Clutch - Jam Room
Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
Jono El Grande - Neo Dada (Pt. 1 of random scandanavian albums I absorbed, reminds me a bit of the Bakerton Group)
Moha! - one way ticket to candyland (Pt. 2 of random scandanavian albums I absorbed)
My Morning Jacket -
The Tennessee Fire
At Dawn
Chocolate and Ice
It Still Moves
Z
Okonokos
Evil Urges
Acoustic Citsuoca
Celebracion...

M. Ward - Post War
Monsters of Folk - Monsters of Folk
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - It's Blitz!
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Yeah Yeah Yeahs EP
Yim Yames - Tribute To
Weezer - Red Album
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Wilco - You Never Know / Unlikely Japan
She & Him Volume 1
Pearl Jam - Ten
Preservation Hall Jazz Band - Preservation
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Neutral Milk Hotel - On Avery Island
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
The National - High Violet
The Black Keys - Brothers
Blakroc - Blakroc
Dan Auerbach - Keep it Hid
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: restlesssoul on Mar 28, 2011, 04:11 PM
thanks for watching, glad you enjoyed. Im pretty proud of them, I play them all the time.

The pearl jam stuff has been a work in progress. I have accumulated over a long period, as its expensive. you wont find those in stores very often. the ten vinyl was signed over a period also, but if you pause the video right in the beginning, that framed poster is signed by the whole band too. its the vancouver 2009 show, with setlist and pic that ed gave me. i was front row. pretty nuts.

after I throw him a Who hankerchief, he gives me the pic starting at 4:15 of this video if you are interested. unbelievable night.
Pearl Jam in Vancouver- Yellow Ledbetter

I buy my vinyl at local record stores here in vancouver and hit up the flea market. we have 6 or 7 decent stores. and I ebay the odd thing too. Also, subscribing to Third Man Records Vault releases is a must! Take care!

That's pretty sweet!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

restlesssoul

nice collection too! gotta love the Dan Auerbach solo album hey? I actually prefer it over anything the black keys have done.

weeniebeenie

Quote from: restlesssoul on Mar 28, 2011, 12:03 AM
My Modern Rock Vinyl Collection - The LP's

Some good Jacket stuff in there for y'all!
Wow! I am jealous. I want that Ultramega Ok vinyl bad. And half of the other stuff you had too.
How loud can silence get?

Im The Dude

Any idea how much an original 1994 pearl jam Vitalogy would go for? What's a fair price to pay for a sealed copy?