MMJ's It Makes No Difference Makes Cover Wars Final 4

Started by scottyb, Mar 30, 2011, 04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scottyb

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/cover-wars-march-madness-final-four-3/

Register your vote! Would love to see MMJ's amazing It Makes No Difference cover take home this year's title.

BIGVICLBI

.Walt

Voted! It's MMJ 50.12% to Trey with 49.88%. I guess my vote does matter.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

johnnYYac

Good work, Walts.  I voted yesterday, it was close.  Admittedly, I haven't heard the competition but...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

vwxg14a

Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

el_chode

Trey will be a hard victory on a forum basically devoted to his efforts. MMJ nails it 10x harder though.

Edit: WOW they won! Hells yeah. Perpetual Groove should be an easy win I think.

Double Edit: HOW THE FUCK IS PERPETUAL GROOVE BEATING MMJ ON A SONG THAT IS NOT NEARLY AS BEAUTIFUL. I mean a song that is perfectly written and then perfectly covered should take preference over a song that is nice, but covered a million different ways by a million different people and basically sounds the same each time.
I'm surrounded by assholes

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

GO4IT

I voted at least 50 times (early and often when you can!) in the final four so glad to see they made it to the finals.
Now most of you know how well they nail this tune and the Vedder show was fine but the recording they posted for the competition has to be the worst - both sound and video - that I have seen.  I saw them do it live at T5 and it was awesome.  Why don't they use some of those vids or just about any others of this cover - they would win in a heartbeat.
T5 (ISM): My Morning Jacket - It Makes No Difference - 10.21.10 Terminal 5, NY

And then there's Yim doing it up with this guy Levon:
My Morning Jacket - It Makes No Difference - 10.21.10 Terminal 5, NY
... and Lord knows what beautiful music they made at the Ramble before the T5 shows.

Vote!

GO4IT

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home