people still read spin magazine?
:o
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Janet

Quotepeople still read spin magazine?
:o

I typically do not however Pearl Jam is on the cover this month.   ;D

mlbrady89

"Did you compromise your other projects by bringing in your songs and using them on this record?
JAMES: Not at all. When I wrote the songs that would end up being on this, I was also writing songs for My Morning Jacket. Songs just fall out, and I start putting them in categories. There are songs that come out where I'm instantly like, "This would be ideal for My Morning Jacket." And then there are other ones that are a question mark. Besides, the guys in My Morning Jacket are all really ego-less. We've made it a rule that we can all do whatever we want when we're not doing the band"
sometimes you'll see a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly.

goodjam2bn

MMJ without Yim is like..well...a day without sunshine  :'(
Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

AMightyCaporal

exactly- magic like that doesn't just end.
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

DaFunkyPrecedent

...im kinda glad they're over.  The only shitty part is, now i need to find a new forum.  I hear Kings Of Leon has a good one.
God damn those shaky knees.

Penny Lane

...context?   ::)

Well I posted the entire portion of the text that addressed Jim quitting.  

If you can pick the sarcasm out of that, then I am sorry that I was so stupid and wasted everybody's time.

but in other parts of the interview he talks about writing songs for MMJ and how the band is supportive, etc. it shows a lot that you're concerned, but just read the whole article (and a few others) it'll put your mind at ease ;-) no one is meaning to be mean to ya.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote...im kinda glad they're over.  The only shitty part is, now i need to find a new forum.  I hear Kings Of Leon has a good one.

even if the band is over, the forum will last forever. the band has already promised that in another interview.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Kenny76

FiddleCastro

QuoteIt's Yoko's fault.

I KNEW IT.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Cameron

when i read this article a few weeks back i laughed out loud at that part.  not sure how you couldn't tell he's joking.  they are all messing around the entire interview.

lasvegas

i should have went to that last show when i had the chance.

r.i.p. mmj.

they will be missed.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Bill Scott

If you don't know this already, Hallahan said that it was a hiatus. They are not dead and will never be gone. They are the best band around and I will admit MOF is a great listen but it doesn't come close to the spine-bending shreds, soul-blasting percussion, and international funksmanship  that MMJ is and will always be.

Quit bringing up the rumor that they are done because its false.

jones

Man, some are definitely having a harder time with this than others.  Learning to cope can be very trying...

Dillsnufus

QuoteIf you don't know this already, Hallahan said that it was a hiatus. They are not dead and will never be gone. They are the best band around and I will admit MOF is a great listen but it doesn't come close to the spine-bending shreds, soul-blasting percussion, and international funksmanship  that MMJ is and will always be.

Quit bringing up the rumor that they are done because its false.

it's not really a rumor when the leader of the band says it's over. it's just a question of it being a joke or not.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Ghosts_on_TV

I seriously can't believe this is still being debated. Come on people.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

capt. scotty

Its still being debated because it is an astonishing, sudden, and tragic sequence of events  :'(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

It's all Juliette Lewis's fault. Bitch.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons