Main Menu

M. Ward

Started by walterfredo, Apr 01, 2011, 02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

couldn't find the old thread, maybe we lost it.

I just saw a Subaru commercial last night with M. Ward's 'Her Comes the Sun Again'.  I had never seen it before, perhaps it's new.

Are we going to get some new M. Ward dates soon or what?

wolof7

WE got the Newport Folk Fest w/ special guests....unsure what that may mean but he is definitely due for a new album/tour.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

the_wizzard

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 01, 2011, 02:48 PM

We are in Portland  :D

3 nights, 5/3-5/5 at the Crystal Ballroom to celebrate the opening of McMenamins Crystal Hotel.  God I love living in Portland.....

vespachick

Quote from: T5 wizzard on Apr 01, 2011, 03:09 PM

3 nights, 5/3-5/5 at the Crystal Ballroom to celebrate the opening of McMenamins Crystal Hotel.  God I love living in Portland.....

Holy Shit Liz, did you notice that night 3 also has Doug Martsch on the bill (Built to Spill)!! :D
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

bold992006

Can't wait to see him at Newport...hoping for a Boston date around then too.

BH

Quote from: T5 wizzard on Apr 01, 2011, 03:09 PM

(Jealousy is an ugly thing.  ;))
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

the_wizzard

Sorry BH...but you know the drill.  M.Ward lives in Portland and is most likely a home body like many of us here.  When you live in Portland, it is easy to stick close to home.

BH

I've seen him now with She and Him and MOF but I NEED to see an M solo show.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Agreed that M. Ward solo is a must see.  That's what probably clinched my decision to plan on Newport Folk Fest again this year. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bold99

Quote from: BH on Apr 02, 2011, 11:19 PM
I've seen him now with She and Him and MOF but I NEED to see an M solo show.

as much as I like MOF there is nothing like an M. Ward solo show. 
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

brkndwnbus

I'm getting to see M. Ward open for Bright Eyes at Wolf Trap in June. I scored second-row seats in the pre-sale. The last M. Ward show I saw was in D.C. in Feb. '09 I believe.

The first time I saw M. Ward was during the original MOF tour back in '04 at Club Laga in Pittsburgh.

TGMC421

Quote from: wolof7 on Apr 01, 2011, 02:59 PM
WE got the Newport Folk Fest w/ special guests....unsure what that may mean but he is definitely due for a new album/tour.

Most definitely.

the_wizzard

Awesome show last night!  The Crystal Ballroom was not even half full (that will happen on a 3 day run, Tuesday-Thursday), which made for plenty of dancing room.  He threw down some of my favs (Helicopter!  Chinese Translation! Sad, Sad Song!).  And his covers had me twisting, no freaking joke (may have been influenced by me wearing my saddle shoes  ;)). 

Check out the setlist here:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/m-ward/2011/mcmenamins-crystal-ballroom-portland-or-63d3fecb.html

vespachick

Quote from: T5 wizzard on May 04, 2011, 04:47 PM
Awesome show last night!  The Crystal Ballroom was not even half full (that will happen on a 3 day run, Tuesday-Thursday), which made for plenty of dancing room.  He threw down some of my favs (Helicopter!  Chinese Translation! Sad, Sad Song!).  And his covers had me twisting, no freaking joke (may have been influenced by me wearing my saddle shoes  ;)). 
I wondered if you'd gone!  Are you going to all three shows?  I'm going tomorrow night #3.  With Baby MMJ in tow.  I hope she let's me stay for a while - we haven't had much practice yet (at all) with the ear muff thingies.  I really want to stay late to hear Doug Martsch's dj set but I think that's probably wishful thinking..
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

mahg33ta

Quote from: mahg33ta on May 04, 2011, 04:56 PM
Quote from: T5 wizzard on May 04, 2011, 04:47 PM

Check out the setlist here:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/m-ward/2011/mcmenamins-crystal-ballroom-portland-or-63d3fecb.html

Wow that's a great setlist.   I wonder how much he's going to mix up the songs each night.  If he does, I'd bet right now this one would be my favorite  (the 3 favs you list are also mine!)

wolof7

Right in the Head
Poison Cup
Fisher of Men
:thumbsup:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

walterfredo

that setlist looks awesome!

M. Ward is opening for alison krauss union station at the Berkeley Greek the day after the Oakland Fox MMJ show.  We're thinking about going. 

kotchishm

He's apparently working on a new solo album again (finally) and is planning to add more solo dates (just him and a guitar) in the near future!

http://pitchfork.com/news/42403-m-ward-going-solo-once-again/
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

BH

amazing setlist wiz!

Quote from: kotchishm on May 05, 2011, 08:41 AM
He's apparently working on a new solo album again (finally) and is planning to add more solo dates (just him and a guitar) in the near future!

http://pitchfork.com/news/42403-m-ward-going-solo-once-again/

Sweet!  Please please please have St. Louis, or KC or Memphis or Louisville or Nashville on the list.

the_wizzard

It was a great set list, feel very blessed (once again) to live in Portland.

Here is the poster for the event:
http://voodoocatbox.com/m_posters/mwardcrystalhotel_lgimage.html

I hope he doesn't take too much time working on the new album.  The pitchfork article makes it seem like he is taking his time....
Must be enjoying the new kitchen my friend designed for him and his lady  ;)