Main Menu

Vato Negro

Started by nuggets, Apr 02, 2011, 01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuggets

Love the Volta, but this shit is crazy good. Hope I can catch 'em live sometime soon.
Vato Negro - Uno @ Fuji Rock Festival
Oh shit, run!

Ruckus

So this is pretty bad ass.  What is Vato Negro?  Another of Omar's ten side projects?  There's some real balls in the drumming here!  So I was a pretty big fan of Deloused and Frances (my roommate at the time was huge into them) but I got rather disenchanted with Omar afterward those two albums.  Perhaps drowned in self importance?   The only time I saw the Volta was rather disappointing (and I went in thinking I'd love it) so I hope to see them again with a better return.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

nuggets

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 02, 2011, 02:09 PM
So this is pretty bad ass.  What is Vato Negro?  Another of Omar's ten side projects?  There's some real balls in the drumming here!  So I was a pretty big fan of Deloused and Frances (my roommate at the time was huge into them) but I got rather disenchanted with Omar afterward those two albums.  Perhaps drowned in self importance?   The only time I saw the Volta was rather disappointing (and I went in thinking I'd love it) so I hope to see them again with a better return.
Yeah. it's his current thang. They're all over the place musically, so gotta expect that some will not be to your liking. Have def seen some Volta shows that didn't do it for me, but love the fact that they push the envelope. I'm digging this lineup at the moment and would love to see it live.
Oh shit, run!