Circuital (single) Vinyl (+RSD Pic Discs)

Started by e_wind, Apr 06, 2011, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

havent gotten mine yet. ordered over the phone on saturday. live in nyc. if i don't have it on tuesday i'll start to worry.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

oistheone

To those who have the single, how does the sound compare to the digital version?

And is this at 45RPM or 33?

subinai

boom got it. the circuital sticker on the cover says 45rpm.

JaneCool

Yes, it's 45 rpm. Got mine on Saturday! Sounds great, but our turntable needs some work, so I can't say if it's better than the digital. I can say it's solid - meaning it's got some heft to it.
So, I do believe.....

johnnYYac

Got my copy today, FWIW.  Everyone all set?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

midwesterner

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 25, 2011, 05:40 PM

I am hoping mine is at my door when i get home!

Penny Lane

i got mine a couple days ago..what's up with this (lack of) packaging? as much as i love and appreciate my 'get lucky in kentucky' sticker, i'd rather have some cool art.

in any case, glad i got it... ;)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

midwesterner

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 25, 2011, 06:10 PM
i got mine a couple days ago..what's up with this (lack of) packaging? as much as i love and appreciate my 'get lucky in kentucky' sticker, i'd rather have some cool art.

It is probably because it was last minute an creating packaging cost a lot and takes a bunch more time.

buymycar

I'm Holdin On To Black Vinyl all the way out here on the left coast!  Thanks to Ear X-tacy (for the taste of Kentucky) and also to the person who posted that it was available online.

tdb810

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 25, 2011, 05:40 PM

Yuppers. Thanks for the heads up penny and ynwa!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

headhunter

got my copy today and it's nice to spin new mmj vinyl.  sound is great.  packaging?  well, sound is great.

i suspect the packaging on the deluxe circuital vinyl release will be really special so this one coming in a simple white jacket is fine by me.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Somewhere, someone mentioned that Jim told him, probably at the record shop in Lexington on Record Store Day, that they were behind in pressing the 600 singles, so went with a blank label and then put the printed label on the sleeve, in order to have them ready for RSD.  Its on the forum somewhere, this conversation.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 25, 2011, 09:36 PM

Somewhere, someone mentioned that Jim told him, probably at the record shop in Lexington on Record Store Day, that they were behind in pressing the 600 singles, so went with a blank label and then put the printed label on the sleeve, in order to have them ready for RSD.  Its on the forum somewhere, this conversation.

gotcha. thanks for the info, JY. it's what plays that's important..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

midwesterner

I got mine yesterday and listened to it 3 times in a row last night. I can't wait for the rest of the album.

subinai

Saw on Ear X-tacy's FB that they have some pic discs still in stock if anybody is still looking....