MMJ on Cover of June Relix Magazine

Started by headhunter, Apr 11, 2011, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

It's not out yet but just got my April/May issue of Relix Magazine and it says that MMJ will be on the cover of the next issue.

With Circuital coming out soon, hopefully the boys get some good press and good covers on other music magazines.  Another beautiful thing to be looking forward too.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Sweet.  Looking forward to all the people I work with and all of my students to start hearing more about MMJ in the next few months.  They'll take notice and check it out. 

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

el_chode

Psh. I only care when they make it on the cover of EW
I'm surrounded by assholes

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

jdbartender

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 11, 2011, 08:54 PM
It's not out yet but just got my April/May issue of Relix Magazine and it says that MMJ will be on the cover of the next issue.

With Circuital coming out soon, hopefully the boys get some good press and good covers on other music magazines.  Another beautiful thing to be looking forward too.

Here is a little self promoting plug... My band has an album review, and we are on the CD found in this month's Relix!   Check it out headhunter... Band's name is Relative Souls.. Sorry I missed you guys at T&B's back in Feb!

Here is the review for those of you who are interested!

“Though Relative Souls formed only a year ago, the group already has the cohesive, distinguished sound of an accomplished band.   It offers a mix of jazz, funk, rock, and structured improvisation.  On its new album Nebulous, Relative Souls provides 13 tracks of classic jam band music with hints of old school jazz and hard hitting rock and roll.  “Sanity’s a Virtue” starts off with a groove based sound but transitions into alternative and hypnotic insanity, including some trance-like chanting and eerie guitar progressions in stark contrast.  “Soulo” provides us with boogie piano ramblings.  “The One” features crazy organ solos and “Mississippi Vampire” gives a little hint of Southern comfort.  Though each song sounds completely different, Nebulous is a refreshing reminder of how one band can take a multitude of diverse musical backgrounds and make a cohesive and thoughtful album.”  -Jennifer Mergott, Relix Magazine

BH

Quote from: jdbartender on Apr 12, 2011, 04:54 PM

Here is a little self promoting plug... My band has an album review, and we are on the CD found in this month's Relix!   Check it out headhunter... Band's name is Relative Souls.. Sorry I missed you guys at T&B's back in Feb!

"Though Relative Souls formed only a year ago, the group already has the cohesive, distinguished sound of an accomplished band.   It offers a mix of jazz, funk, rock, and structured improvisation.  On its new album Nebulous, Relative Souls provides 13 tracks of classic jam band music with hints of old school jazz and hard hitting rock and roll.  "Sanity's a Virtue" starts off with a groove based sound but transitions into alternative and hypnotic insanity, including some trance-like chanting and eerie guitar progressions in stark contrast.  "Soulo" provides us with boogie piano ramblings.  "The One" features crazy organ solos and "Mississippi Vampire" gives a little hint of Southern comfort.  Though each song sounds completely different, Nebulous is a refreshing reminder of how one band can take a multitude of diverse musical backgrounds and make a cohesive and thoughtful album."  -Jennifer Mergott, Relix Magazine

Nice!  That's awesome! 
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

I will buy that Relix issue, JD.  Now, I finally have a reason to visit the local head shop!

FiddleCastro

"Though Relative Souls formed only a year ago, the group already has the cohesive, distinguished sound of an accomplished band.   It offers a mix of jazz, funk, rock, and structured improvisation.  On its new album Nebulous, Relative Souls provides 13 tracks of classic jam band music with hints of old school jazz and hard hitting rock and roll.  "Sanity's a Virtue" starts off with a groove based sound but transitions into alternative and hypnotic insanity, including some trance-like chanting and eerie guitar progressions in stark contrast.  "Soulo" provides us with boogie piano ramblings.  "The One" features crazy organ solos and "Mississippi Vampire" gives a little hint of Southern comfort.  Though each song sounds completely different, Nebulous is a refreshing reminder of how one band can take a multitude of diverse musical backgrounds and make a cohesive and thoughtful album."  -Jennifer Mergott, Relix Magazine

Now that's awesome!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

jdbartender

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Apr 13, 2011, 11:46 PM

Now that's awesome!

Thanks man!  And guys, if you are interested in snagging a couple free downloads of our music, just go to www.relativesouls.net/we-gotthegoods-4-free

johnnYYac

Someone let us know when this issue hits newstands (or is it newsstands?)

jdbartender

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 29, 2011, 12:15 PM
Someone let us know when this issue hits newstands (or is it newsstands?)

It's is on newstands now! 

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: jdbartender on Apr 29, 2011, 12:09 PM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Apr 13, 2011, 11:46 PM

Now that's awesome!

Thanks man!  And guys, if you are interested in snagging a couple free downloads of our music, just go to www.relativesouls.net/we-gotthegoods-4-free

If  you're ever routing through Durango Colorado hit us up at The Abbey Theatre.  Always looking for up and coming bands to open a good show or two. 
God damn those shaky knees.

br00ke

behind-the-scenes footage of MMJ's recent cover shoot for Relix .. check out the video

lil sis

Cool video.  Thanks, Brooke!  Did you know they were in your neck of the woods shooting this?!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

tdb810

love it..when they are laying down....

and carl is just a classically handsome man, isn't he?  very noble looking imo...think it's the first i really noticed it. 

and jdbartender --- COOL!!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

Im The Dude

7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

headhunter

yes, got my issue in the mail on tuesday.  very cool review and good interviews.  worth seeking this one out.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

kotchishm

Where do you think the best place to pick one up would be?  Barnes and Noble or something?
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf