Forthcoming Live Box Set Freak Out Thread

Started by subinai, Apr 12, 2011, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenparty

please include Rocket Man.   please include Rocket Man.  please include Rocket Man.  please include Rocket Man.  please include Rocket Man.  please include Rocket Man.

el_chode

Quote from: subinai on Apr 12, 2011, 01:08 PM
Quote from: mgriff73 on Apr 12, 2011, 01:05 PM
There is no way it's all five shows and covers is there?  That would be like 15 records.  Is that even possible?

i'd estimate 2 discs per night. 10 discs total.

Yeah, I mean figure each album, despite expansions on the song, can fit on one disc. Combined with bsides and covers, that's like a second album. Maybe EU might be a hard night to fit since it felt like the second set far outlasted the first. But if we get Sweet Nuthin and Carried Away I'd be super-stoked.
I'm surrounded by assholes

walterfredo

doing a happy dance in my office.   :dankk2:

Erik26

So much great MMJ in one day...Jacketgasm, heqad explosion, complete got that old time feelin FREAKOUT!!!!!! Hell yeah everybody! I'm not sure what to even say...Erik OUT!   :beer: :beer: :beer:

Oh I figured something to say...Thank you MMJ for being the greatest band around! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ralph

Too much MMJ goodness makes my tummy hurt...!!!  :thumbsup:
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

gardenparty

was doing some fuzzy math on this and i imagine it won't be cheap or they are going to have to cut some corners.

figure each show (main set) is an hour +.  That equals double vinyl for each of the main sets.  So there you already have 10 rekkids. 

will this be more than 10!?!

maybe they would do the vinyl treatment for the "best of" from each night and then there would be digital files for the shows in their entirety.  Or even the main sets (albums) on record =10 and all of the encoures being included as additional downloads.

i would love to have it all on vinyl but i imagine that would cost somewhere around $400.  And do bands release 15+ record boxsets?  haha

sweatboard

I never saw where it said this was going to be a T-5 box set.  If it is T-5 it would be pointless to do a best of.  The intrigue about these shows was that it was each album in its entirety.  I could see them releasing each night as its own box.  This way everyone that's not a freak like me can just buy the Z night and/or the Evil Urges night and be done with it. 

I'd like to see them release each night/boxset about a month apart.  It would give us time to spend with each night and prevent me from trying to stay up all night listening to the entire 25 records in a row.   :)
There's Still Time.........

gardenparty

yeah, that makes sense.  I'd be cool with individual ones. heck, i'll be cool with anything.  even if it is $500  :)

T5 hasn't been confirmed though.  just speculatin' is all.  sweet sweet speculatin'

ManNamedTruth

I can't imagine this being a vinyl box set if it is a T5 box set, that's a lot of vinyl. I could be wrong though. It's all hearsay and speculation.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

buymycar

It'll be 24 bit master audio for all 5 shows on one blu-ray disc.   ;)

e_wind

that would be so sweet if it was T5, but I would expect that to be EX PEN SIVE
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ghosts_on_TV

I have the 7 lp Tom Waits Orphans vinyl box set. Just....double that!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Im The Dude

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Apr 15, 2011, 08:30 PM

That's got to be awesome to have.

Releasing the shows one per month would be a good idea...help spread out the money I'll shell out on it.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Im The Dude on Apr 15, 2011, 08:40 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Apr 15, 2011, 08:30 PM

That's got to be awesome to have.

Releasing the shows one per month would be a good idea...help spread out the money I'll shell out on it.

It's pretty sweet, I must admit. Honestly, I can't imagine having something twice as big and heavy, although I'd love to.

Ghosts_on_TV

Maybe release the shows separately and then a custom case to store them? I dunno if they'd announce it as a "box set" if that were the case....

Crispy

I'm going to go out on a negative limb and say there is no damn way they are going to put every song that was played at T5 on vinyl. I am assuming now that the box set will consist of T5 material, yes, but the whole shebang? No way. I am dearly hoping for the aforementioned 5 separate releases of each show in their own boxes, but I would still imagine those to be abridged versions...that said, I can't see doing that and not including each of the first "album" sets in their entirety. I guess I'm assuming they'll leave out certain 2nd-set tunes.

I'm only saying this about the vinyl version, because there can be no doubt at all that every single second of each show will eventually be made available at least in digital form. Right?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Crispy link=topic=14218.msg249736code][/code]#msg249736 date=1302917782]
I'm going to go out on a negative limb and say there is no damn way they are going to put every song that was played at T5 on vinyl. I am assuming now that the box set will consist of T5 material, yes, but the whole shebang? No way. I am dearly hoping for the aforementioned 5 separate releases of each show in their own boxes, but I would still imagine those to be abridged versions...that said, I can't see doing that and not including each of the first "album" sets in their entirety. I guess I'm assuming they'll leave out certain 2nd-set tunes.

I'm only saying this about the vinyl version, because there can be no doubt at all that every single second of each show will eventually be made available at least in digital form. Right?

I'm with you. But I shall hold out hope.

Crispy

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Apr 15, 2011, 09:42 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Apr 15, 2011, 09:36 PM

I'll join you in hoping beyond hope. And if it somehow comes true, there is also no doubt that I will purchase every lovely vinyl bit of it.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

darkglow

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 15, 2011, 09:52 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Apr 15, 2011, 09:42 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Apr 15, 2011, 09:36 PM

I'll join you in hoping beyond hope. And if it somehow comes true, there is also no doubt that I will purchase every lovely vinyl bit of it.

even if it's not on vinyl..id still like to listen to every lovely digital bit of it on a roadtrip across america in my car!