Main Menu

Octoplasm

Started by ChronicHunger, Apr 12, 2011, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChronicHunger

Mutha lovin funky jazzzzzzzzzz

e_wind

YEah I dig that a lot. Intro at their shows this summer???
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

The DARK

Haven't heard yet, is this an instrumental? Saw a Zappa comparison in the other thread...
In another time, in another place, in another face

ChronicHunger

All instrumental, some sax, nice guitar solo, reminds me of a part of cobra/easy morning rebel

EasyRyder

This reminds me of the outtakes from the Blues for Allah Grateful Dead album...golly I hope this turns up live!
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

YungYave

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 12, 2011, 03:40 PM
This reminds me of the outtakes from the Blues for Allah Grateful Dead album...golly I hope this turns up live!
Great call, definitely some traces of the Dead in there
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

Ghosts_on_TV

Haven't heard it yet, but my friend Emily Texted me it was "very gd'ish."
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ynwa

Quote from: YungYave on Apr 12, 2011, 04:43 PM
Great call, definitely some traces of the Dead in there

felt that too
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

classicrocker623

Honestly, this track got me more excited for the future of MMJ than Circuital.  Wow.  I've never heard this sound from the boys (or really anyone for that matter).  Sort of a synthesis of Blues For Allah Dead and funk from an alternate universe. Can't wait for more of these incredible jams from Self Hypnosis...

Erik26

OK WOW! Stuck at school all day waitning to get home and place my pre order and Roll Call order. This song makes me think that the universe is MMJ's oyster and they can do whatever the hell they want and it will be beyond amazing. Not that I didn't think on that level already but...
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

EasyRyder

Despite this being the only thing (with the exception of some spaced out Dondante jams) in the Jacket catalog of its kind, would it be too much to say this is my new favorite MMJ jam??

I mean it's all instrumental so that kinda gives it an advantage, but the vibe on this thing is makin' me float! This is my grooooooooove  :bath:

Dear MMJ, please give us an octoplasmic experience live....pretty pretty please.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

e_wind

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 12, 2011, 09:31 PM
Despite this being the only thing (with the exception of some spaced out Dondante jams) in the Jacket catalog of its kind, would it be too much to say this is my new favorite MMJ jam??

I mean it's all instrumental so that kinda gives it an advantage, but the vibe on this thing is makin' me float! This is my grooooooooove  :bath:

Dear MMJ, please give us an octoplasmic experience live....pretty pretty please.

Yeah it looks like we may get some additional intrumental album which would be so awesome.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

CHIMMJFAN

Wow love this! I really hope they decided to release a few more instrumentals!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

ericm

I got the same vibe. Lovin this, and would love to witness some live Octoplasm!!

This has got me even more super pumped for some shows. If they break this out at Red Rocks, I'm not sure I'll need a plane to fly back home.  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

1eyed_jack

So is there any way to hear this without signing up for the fan club?

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: 1eyed_jack on Apr 13, 2011, 12:44 AM
So is there any way to hear this without signing up for the fan club?

Not unless someone gives it to you, and I have a feeling everyone here will tell you to just join the fan club (which you should do anyway).

1eyed_jack

I'm not here asking for it, I was just curious.

And I would join the fan club, but I'm a bit strapped for cash haha.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: 1eyed_jack on Apr 13, 2011, 12:57 AM
I'm not here asking for it, I was just curious.

And I would join the fan club, but I'm a bit strapped for cash haha.

I wasn't trying to be a dick, just saying. I didn't pre order yet, so I haven't heard it yet myself.

1eyed_jack

Oh no no, I didn't mean that you were at all!

I was just clarifying that I wasn't coming here looking for a handout haha.

You weren't being a dick at all, it's all good  8)