MMJ & Co Complete Vinyl / Catalogue

Started by e_wind, Apr 18, 2011, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spence

Saw today on Amazon that Dallas Buyers Club double LP is coming out on April 22nd. 

Also, no one mentioned it but Red Hot + Fela was a double LP as well.

And I just got the white vinyl Shel Silverstein album, sounds good!

paloozajam

Anybody looking for 1st pressings of It Still Moves, Z, and/or Evil Urges on 180g black vinyl??

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

gardenparty

Can you find "Where to Begin" anywhere on vinyl?

I don't see an Elizabethtown soundtrack available

Crispy

Quote from: gardenparty on Jul 31, 2014, 11:44 AM

I think the only place is the live version that's on Okonokos.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

gardenparty

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 31, 2014, 12:50 PM

yeah, i think you're right.  thanks!

Mr. White

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 31, 2014, 12:50 PM

It's also on CelebraciĆ³n de la Ciudad Natal. I have that on vinyl and just love it! I couldn't find it on YouTube to post here, so I'm including a link to Wikipedia that shows it listed as one of the songs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebraci%C3%B3n_de_la_Ciudad_Natal

CelebraciĆ³n de la Ciudad Natal
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

johnnYYac

parkervb

were the colored represses of TTF come in limited editions? and if anyone can speak to the quality of the pressing, that would be swell.
Don't you ever turn it off

geekfreak

well I`m new to the band so I`ve just started my purchasing the albums, I`ve gotten  the albums it Still Moves, Z, Evil Urges, and ooh forgotten the title of the other one I`ve gotten its the one with the green eye on the cover... so which of the other should I listen to next...
welcome to the cosmos of peace, love and ????

TheRoof

I asked in the "Music" section, unknowingly...in which, I should have placed it here....so here it goes, here:     :wink:

I searched, messaged, and pleaded on Discogs.com to see if anyone had their 1st Annual Roll Call 7" for sale, to no avail.  :cry:

Just wanted to see if anyone had an extra one, or simply their lonesome one they were looking to sale.

I've learned from my foolish mistake in 2013, and have signed up for this year's Roll Call, but would really enjoy that 7" from 2013.  :rolleyes:

Please, please, pretty please let me know if anyone would like to negotiate a good price for one.

All the Best!!!  :bath:

EDIT: I was lucky enough to obtain a copy of the 7"....though it took my future-ex-wife's-alimony-payments.

Learn from my mistake. Be proactive, rather than reactive....it's a lot cheaper  :smiley:
You Are Everything

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Elvis68

I agree about getting them signed in person. I met Jim when he did his solo tour in Madison, WI. He was walking down the street and i was there for the show. My girlfriend and I stopped him and he was sooo nice, he talked to us for about 10 mins, signed an LP i had just purchased and we took a picture. He even saw us at a store a couple hours later and came back and said hello again!  :drum:

parkervb

looking to get a better vinyl copy of It Still Moves.  I know the 2003 pressings are the way to go, but I wanted to know:

are there are any big differences in sound quality b/t the 2003 Badman pressing and the 2003 UK pressing that was limited to 1000? 

Crispy

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 29, 2015, 03:31 PM
looking to get a better vinyl copy of It Still Moves.  I know the 2003 pressings are the way to go, but I wanted to know:

are there are any big differences in sound quality b/t the 2003 Badman pressing and the 2003 UK pressing that was limited to 1000?

I've heard that the UK pressing tends to be better, but I don't have one to compare with my 2003 Badman, which doesn't sound all that great, IMO. That could be because I have a cold stamp, or because it was recorded in a barn.

I've also read that vinyl molds are only good for about 1,000 really good stamps, so if that's true and the US plant didn't swap out the molds often enough (like if they did 2,000 or more with each mold), the UK run could certainly be the one to get.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

parkervb

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 30, 2015, 10:17 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Apr 29, 2015, 03:31 PM

I've heard that the UK pressing tends to be better, but I don't have one to compare with my 2003 Badman, which doesn't sound all that great, IMO. That could be because I have a cold stamp, or because it was recorded in a barn.

I've also read that vinyl molds are only good for about 1,000 really good stamps, so if that's true and the US plant didn't swap out the molds often enough (like if they did 2,000 or more with each mold), the UK run could certainly be the one to get.

thanks, I had that impression but I wanted to get another opinion before spending $59 (with shipping) for an NM copy from eBay.  Probably paid a premium for it but I don't see these popping up much and wanted to get my hands on a record I will own for life. 

parkervb

This eBay seller has a few limited releases for sale via Buy It Now: tomd121s

My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges Vinyl 2XLP Picture Disc 2011 RSD Ltd. Edition NEW
My Morning Jacket - It Still Moves Vinyl 2XLP Picture Disc 2011 RSD Ltd./400 NEW
My Morning Jacket At Dawn 2xLP 2008 Rare Reissue on Red & Yellow Colored Vinyl
My Morning Jacket The Tennessee Fire Blue & Green 2XLP Vinyl 2008 Reissue *Rare*
My Morning Jacket Z 2xLP Vinyl BRC-947 Rare oop 2005 ATO Excellent Unplayed
My Morning Jacket Acoustic Citsuoca Vinyl LP Rare Red Vinyl *Unplayed NM*

I bought my ISM 2003 UK from him.

wcalax89

Has anyone else bought "The Waterfall" on vinyl and noticed that the pitch of Jim's voice is much lower than it should be?  I thought it was my record player at first, but tested it out on another and it still was way off.  Was there a bad press that made it to record stores?

johnnYYac

Quote from: wcalax89 on Jun 04, 2015, 10:53 AM
Has anyone else bought "The Waterfall" on vinyl and noticed that the pitch of Jim's voice is much lower than it should be?  I thought it was my record player at first, but tested it out on another and it still was way off.  Was there a bad press that made it to record stores?
I haven't noticed that, though the high end is missing (might be my system). 

The Waterfall LP is 45 rpm, by the way...