MMJ & Co Complete Vinyl / Catalogue

Started by e_wind, Apr 18, 2011, 03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

UPDATED 10/1/20
If anyone sees anything missing, please let me know!

Full-Lengths:
The Tennessee Fire      /1000
The Tennessee Fire repress w/ green and blue vinyl
The Tennessee Fire repress w/ red/gold vinyl
The Tennessee Fire UK press w/ different album art
The Tennessee Fire Darla repress (at least twice) /1000
The Tennessee Fire Darla 20th Anniversary Edition 3xLP
At Dawn      /1000
At Dawn repress  w/ green/blue vinyl
At Dawn repress  w/ red/gold vinyl
At Dawn Darla repress  /1000
It Still Moves
It Still Moves - UK repress /1000
It Still Moves - UK repress w/ different label art
It Still Moves - ATO repress
Z
Okonokos
Evil Urges
Circuital
Circutial Mega Pack w/ Green Translucent vinyl
The Waterfall
The Waterfall II

Picture Disks:
ISM Pic Disk /400
Z Pic Disk /400
EU Pic Disk /400
NYE '06 Pic Disk

12-inch EPs:
Celebracion De La Ciudad Natal
Celebracion De La Ciudad Natal - repress
Acoustic Citsouca
Acoustic Citsouca - Red Vinyl /625
Acoustic Citsouca - Yellow Vinyl /625
Acoustic Citsouca - Blue Vinyl /625
Choclate and Ice - Blue swirl /500
Chocolate and Ice - Brown swirl /500
Chocolate and Ice - White w/ brown splatter /600

7-inch / 10-inch EPs
MMJ Does Bad Jazz 7" /500
MMJ Does Gold Hole 7" /500
Off The Record 7"
Run Thru 7" /1000
Magheeta 7" /1000
The Bear / Just Because  I Do 7" /1000
Josta Dreams 7" (Bonus w/ first edition TTF) /1000
Circuital single 10" /600
Little Darla 7"
Friends Again/Outa My System (Alternate Universe Take) 7"
MMJ Remixes and Friendz 10"
It Makes No Difference (w/ Brittany Howard) / Grab A Body 10" /2000
Roll Call 2013 7"
Roll Call 2014 7"
Bring The Power Back Home 7" /2020

Side Projects:
Yim Yames - Tribute to
Carl Broemel - All Birds Say
M Ward & Jim James - Fader 7"
MoF - MoF
MoF - MoF (Blue)
New Multitudes 10" - Let's Multiply
New Multitudes - s/t - 12"
Jim James - ROL&SOG
Jim James - ROL&SOG test-press (blue/autographed) /50

Old Bands:
Month of Sundays - Did You Bury Yourself Again LP
                            - School's Out 7"
Hotel Roy - Helicopters LP
Old Pike - Ten Thousand Nights

Compilations:

Preservation: Preservation Hall Jazz Band w/ Yim
I'm Not There w/ MMJ
Dark Was The Night w/ MMJ
Booker T Jones: The Road From Memphis w/ Jim
Broken Hearts and Dirty Words w/ Jim
Rave On, Buddy Holly w/ Jim
The Music Is You: A Tribute to John Denver
Twistable, Turnable, Man - Tribute to Shel Silverstein

And if you wanna be a REAL completist...
CDs:
The Tennessee Fire (Darla, Witchita)
At Dawn (Darla, Witchita)
It Still Moves (ATO, Spunk, BGM Japan)
Z (ATO, Spunk, BGM Japan, RCA)
Evil Urges (ATO, Rough Trade, Spunk)
Circuital (ATO, V2)
Okonokos (ATO, RCA)
Chapter 1: The Sandword Cometh (Darla)
Chapter 2: Learning (Darla)
Tennessee Fire & At Dawn Demos (Darla)

At Dawn Radio Promo
It Still Moves Radio Promo
Z Radio Promo
One Big Holiday Radio Promo

Xmas Fiasco (Darla)
Chocolate and Ice (Badman)
Sweatbees (Witchita, Spunk)
Split - Songs: Ohia (Jade Tree)
Run Thru (ATO)
Acoustic Citsouca (ATO)
Celebracion de la Ciudad Natal (ATO)
Golden (RCA)
One Big Holiday (?)
Off The Record (RCA)
Gideon (ATO)
It Makes No Difference (RCA)
Evil Urges (Rough Trade)
I'm Amazed (Rough Trade)
Touch Me pt 2 (Rough Trade)
HOT BM (ATO)
KCRW-Morning Becomes Eclectic Promo (?)
At Dawn Demos (w/ AD LP)

Other CDs:
Monsters of Folk
Yim Yames - Tribute To
Carl Bromel - All Birds Say
Hotel Roy - Helicopters
Month of sundays
Mont Du Sundae (Month of Sundays reissue)

DVDs:
Okonokos
It Still Moves EPK
Z EPK
Evil Urges EPK
One Big Holiday (Circuital EPK)

Exclusive Digital
iTunes Session: Live at the Palms
iTunes Session: Christmas/Welcome Home
Live at 9:30 Club
Remixez and Friensz (different track listing)
Okonokos (different track listing)

*I'm not including every CD, DVD, or Digital that involves MMJ. That would be INSANE. Only those that predominately feature one or more members of the band as the creative force (i.e. All Birds Say or Monsters of Folk). BUT, i'll list any suggestions, I just dont feel like finding it all at once.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

I've seen them, have been watching them, don't necessarily think they're fake.  Each signature is different and the seller has over 42000 positive ratings. 

http://stores.ebay.com/JG-Autographs/_i.html?_nkw=jim+james&submit=Search&_sid=1517758

I'm not thrilled with the idea, but I think its been shown that Jim has signed a lot of merch, such as guitars.  I'm assuming its another way for him to make some money.  Forgive me, Jim, if I'm characterizing this incorrectly.

I think when he has something unique and worthwhile to sign, he puts a bit more effort into it.  And he did it for free!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Im The Dude

Im sorry but I hope no one buys those autographs for $100. I mean it's really easy to meet them after a show and have them sign a record or a set list. I doubt those will sale.

7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

bigkidfallsdown.com

I was talkin to my girlfriend about this earlier today - I'd never buy an autograph - the sweetness is getting whatever it is signed, not procuring someone elses' shit.
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

searchinbig

Yeah it kinda sucks that the boys are kind enough to donate their time to sign autographs for "fans" and these "fans" put the shit on ebay. I wish I was lucky enough to be in KY and get one of these beauties for my wall.  Once in a lifetime chance. Getting real expensive to be a fan lately.  :-\
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

johnnYYac

I mostly agree with the sentiment that one shouldn't pay for autographs.  My Omnichord above is exhibit A.  However, I did get a poster on eBay for $40 that the boys signed specifically for the charity that posted it, and 100% of the sale went to the charity, so I'm okay with that.  I also got a signed copy of the Okonokos CD for $11, which is a pretty good price for an un-autographed CD.  But they are quite accessible and I love when I can look at an autographed poster or my Omnichord and be reminded of the circumstances in which I found myself.

bigkidfallsdown.com

Charities and all of that are completely different, of course. I was just taking a shot at the people who don't care about the music and just want the money.

johnnYYac - your covers are AWESOME!, btw!
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

walterfredo

Anyone else comb eBay for MMJ stuff on a regular basis? I look at least once a week for cool and unusual items. Haven't come across much lately though. I'd have to say my biggest score is a hoody sweatshirt from the Fillmore NYE show.  It wasn't sold at the show, but given as a gift from the band to all the employees of the Fillmore, apparently this dude didn't want it and put it up on eBay.  It's pretty freaking cool...just says 'Jacket' across the front chest, and says 'The Fillmore' on the lower back, and has the date down one of the sleeves. Fits me perfectly too. I'd have to say it's pretty unique, I've never seen one since.

e_wind

I look at eBay constantly as well. I have stockpiled a few acoustic chorales and some demo disks and advanced copies of shit. Stuff that I don'tneed but I figure why not. I also look for really cheap vinyl. I bought Yim Yames Tribute last week for 4$ total

bigkidfallsdown.com

I do the same thing, walterfredo. I also peruse discogs.com looking for anything unusual. Discogs can really suck the money out of your pocket if you're not careful - I've helped pay a lot of postal workers paychecks in the UK recently.

Awesome find! It's pretty serendipitous when you find something you like AND it fits well.

e_wind

Yeah I just found Does Bad Jazz on a different vinyl website and spent money I don't have.

bigkidfallsdown.com

I finally said fuck it and bought Boards of Canada's Music Has The Right to Children on vinyl - first pressing - sun shines upon it whenever it's played. One most recent purchase is Mos Def's Black on Both Sides on vinyl...can't believe I didn't own it AND it was actually hard to find - thank you Dutch DJ.

e_wind

solid finds. if you ever happen to come accross MMJ Does Gold Hole and don't want it for youself, its the last rare vinyl I need to complete my MMJ collection ;)

johnnYYac

Quote from: bigkidfallsdown.com on Apr 20, 2011, 11:52 AM
Charities and all of that are completely different, of course. I was just taking a shot at the people who don't care about the music and just want the money.

Thanks.  The Omnichord is a ton of fun.  I might have my first big live performance tomorrow, at the high school where I teach, for the talent show.  If they need a filler for time at the end, I'm going to do Touch Me 2 for 500+ high school kids!  Gulp.

Taterbug

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 20, 2011, 12:31 PM

Thanks.  The Omnichord is a ton of fun.  I might have my first big live performance tomorrow, at the high school where I teach, for the talent show.  If they need a filler for time at the end, I'm going to do Touch Me 2 for 500+ high school kids!  Gulp.

Very cool YY,  you should come out on stage dressed as lady GAGA,  The kids would love that shit.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Crispy

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 20, 2011, 12:31 PM

Awesome! You gotta put the vid up on Youtube -- you're gonna be a hit for sure!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

bigkidfallsdown.com

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 20, 2011, 12:27 PM
solid finds. if you ever happen to come accross MMJ Does Gold Hole and don't want it for youself, its the last rare vinyl I need to complete my MMJ collection ;)

The hunt is on! I enjoy the hell out of the hunt!

Is there a list out there on the interwebz that contains all their rare stuff?

bigkidfallsdown.com

AH! And I second that about recording it and putting it on youtube! I bet the band would love seeing that! I know I would  :thumbsup:

e_wind

This is what I *think* are all the vinyls they have:

The Tennessee Fire
The Tennessee Fire repress w/ green and blue vinyl
At Dawn
At Dawn repress w/ bi-color Vinyl
ISM
Z
Okonokos
Evil Urges
Circuital
Circutial Mega Pack w/ Green vinyl

ISM Pic Disk
Z Pic Disk
EU Pic Disk
NYE '06 Pic Disk

Celebracion De La Ciudad Natal
Acoustic Citsouca
Choclate and Ice - Blue
Chocolate and Ice - Brown
MMJ Does Bad Jazz 7"
MMJ Does Gold Hole 7"
MMJ Does Xmas Fiasco Style

Off The Record 7"
Run Thru 7"
Magheeta 7"
The Bear / Just Because  I Do 7"
Josta Dreams 7" (Bonus w/ first edition TTF)
Circuital single 12"
Little Darla 7"

Yim Yames - Tribute to
Carl Broemel - All Birds Say

Month of Sundays - Did You Bury Yourself Again LP
                             - School's Out 7"
Hotel Roy - Helicopters LP

MoF - MoF
       - MoF (Blue Vinyl)

These are all that I want to complete my MMJ Collection, though obviously YY and CB aren't MMJ persay.

I'm still looking for Gold Hole and Evelyn Is Not Real NYE Pic Disk. I don't have Choc & Ice x2, Z, TTF, Xmas Fiasco, Okonokos, or EU - but those are more of a $ situation and not a I can't find them situation.

danz

plus a Little Darla 7" sampler (Eric, I have an extra - maybe my pm never made it to ya)

as far as I know, Does Xmas Fiasco was never released on vinyl but I'd love for someone to prove that wrong.

There's also a bunch of pre-MMJ vinyl: Hotel Roy, Month of Sundays

I have also been on a long hunt for Does Gold Hole - lord have mercy!