• Welcome to My Morning Jacket Forum. Please login or sign up.

MMJ on Austin City Limits

Started by rincon, Apr 21, 2011, 09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

On several Cal. PBS stations this Saturday night. Tivo time. :thumbsup:
First time I have ever used an emoticon. Finally seemed appropriate.

BH

It's a repeat, but I lost my last version when I changed DVRs so I'm pretty happy about it!   :thumbsup:
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Elizanne33

Thanks for this post! I just set my DVR up to record. I had recorded it before, but lost mine too. I recorded way too much and it got bumped off. I'm excited to see it again :)

Crispy

Quote from: Elizanne33 on Apr 21, 2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks for this post! I just set my DVR up to record. I had recorded it before, but lost mine too. I recorded way too much and it got bumped off. I'm excited to see it again :)

"Keep and Never Delete"  :thumbsup:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

APR

DVR is now set.  Thanks for the news.  I'm in the same boat as BH.....  I lost both 2006 and 2008 ACL recordings when I had to get a new DVR.     

rincon

Did not know there was a 2006 show also. Have to be on the lookout. It really appears they are marketing this year. Since I was not into them in '08, did they do something similar then?

johnnYYac

Here's a low-res version of the 2006 Austin City Limits; looks like they did half an episode with some interviewing at the end credits.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32JRCB09

2006-02-11 PBS: Austin City Limits - Austin, TX
       
1. Golden
2. Gideon
3. What A Wonderful Man
4. Dondante
5. Anytime

Notes:
Recorded 11/20/2005

Enjoy.



PS and FYI

The original setlist.  Interesting they not only cut more than half the songs, but reordered some too.

2005-11-20 PBS: Austin City Limits - Austin, TX   
   
1. Wordless Chorus
2. It Beats 4 U
3. One Big Holiday
4. What A Wonderful Man
5. Golden
6. Sooner
7. Gideon
8. Off The Record
9. Lay Low
10. Bermuda Highway (Jim James solo)
11. Dondante
12. Run Thru
13. Anytime
Close enough!

bigkidfallsdown.com

11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

APR

It was only half the episode (Death Cab for Cutie was the other half).  The show aired just as I was getting into MMJ, and Dondante was off the charts great.  This and Okonokos led to my MMJ addiction.

rincon

Ironically Death Cab For Cutie is one of my son's favorite bands, and when he was 15 took him and 3 friends to the Santa Barbara Bowl to see them.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 22, 2011, 12:24 AM

PS and FYI

The original setlist.  Interesting they not only cut more than half the songs, but reordered some too.


the beck episode where the flaming lips are his band is out there in it's entirety, maybe someday somebody will score a copy of one of MMJ's appearances.  The beck footage is like 2 and a half hours, so you're right yac it's out there in the archive somewhere.  the same thing is going to happen with storytellers I bet.  probably will only get a partial set because of the stories.

subinai

i forgot they do "War Begun" on this episode.  very nice

Randall

FYI for those that missed it - the episode is available streaming on the PBS site: http://video.pbs.org/video/1470868107

Jellyfish

The Dondante from the 06 ACL was one of the best I ever saw/heard.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Honest Man

War Begun was the highlight for me.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

lucylew

War Begun is jaw droppingly good.

kg

Sorry to revive a 10 year old thread, but I have been trying to find the 2006 episode of Death Cab + MMJ for years. I'd pay PBS north of $100 for a copy, lol. Alas, really hard to find on the Internet.

Wondering @johnnYYac if you still have that copy that was posted via the megaupload link which is now dead 10 years later.

Thanks!

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 22, 2011, 12:24 AMHere's a low-res version of the 2006 Austin City Limits; looks like they did half an episode with some interviewing at the end credits.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=32JRCB09

2006-02-11 PBS: Austin City Limits - Austin, TX
       
1. Golden
2. Gideon
3. What A Wonderful Man
4. Dondante
5. Anytime

Notes:
Recorded 11/20/2005

Enjoy.



PS and FYI

The original setlist.  Interesting they not only cut more than half the songs, but reordered some too.

2005-11-20 PBS: Austin City Limits - Austin, TX   
   
1. Wordless Chorus
2. It Beats 4 U
3. One Big Holiday
4. What A Wonderful Man
5. Golden
6. Sooner
7. Gideon
8. Off The Record
9. Lay Low
10. Bermuda Highway (Jim James solo)
11. Dondante
12. Run Thru
13. Anytime

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: Honest Man on Apr 24, 2011, 12:57 AMWar Begun was the highlight for me.

Man I used to be able to find the War Begun ACL version on youtube but now I can't. Now I just watch the one from Mercury Lounge
I'm ready for it now