BLACK METAL!!!!

Started by scosby2, Apr 25, 2011, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

cool article john, thanks.  this is gonna be really special live.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jaimoe

I'm not loving this tune. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I've never been a fan of MMJ's soul influenced diversions.

e_wind

I'm watching a documentary right now about Black Metal in scandanavia where people would slit their throats on stage and an album cover was a friedn who blew his head up with a revolver. just thought i'd share
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

Don't forget the cd single comes out today.  It's $2 and has a coupon for $2 off the album so it's basically free.   I know EarX has them, I'm checking my local record stores later today....
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bigkidfallsdown.com

No place is carrying the single in my area - son of a

Anyone know if you can order it online? I'm not having much luck finding it online so far.
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

buymycar

Quote from: BH on May 17, 2011, 09:45 AM
Don't forget the cd single comes out today.  It's $2 and has a coupon for $2 off the album so it's basically free.   I know EarX has them, I'm checking my local record stores later today....

It's free if you plan to buy the album at an indie record store.  Once again, those of us who preordered the album from the band miss out.

johnnYYac

Rolling Stone review: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/songreviews/holdin-on-to-black-metal-20110426

My Morning Jacket"Holdin On to Black Metal"
Rolling Stone: star rating 4/5
Community: star rating 4/5
By Jon Dolan
April 26, 2011

"Oh Black Metal you're so misunderstood," Jim James sings on this ode to Lucifer's favorite racket. Putting any actual metal in a song about metal would be way too obvious for these genre-bending Southern boys. So on "Black Metal" — the latest offering from Circuital, due May 31 — they roll out rubbery psychedelic soul complete with steel-wool guitar fuzz, pink-chiffon backup singers and a whacked-out wah-wah horn section — kicking ass with a velvet boot. They recorded the track in a church gym, so they may have some 'splaining to do when they meet their Maker. But at least they're riding to the Lake of Fire in style.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Quote from: bigkidfallsdown.com on May 17, 2011, 01:48 PM
No place is carrying the single in my area - son of a

Anyone know if you can order it online? I'm not having much luck finding it online so far.

I know Earxtacy in Louisville will ship them.   They had a shit ton of them at my independent record store.   I'd call around to anyone that participated in Record Store Day and I bet you'll find one without having to pay the shipping.   If you still struggle, let me know and I'll pick up one for you and mail it to you.   It's worth the $2 for the cover art alone!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

patrickbateman

"Will My Morning Jacket be covering any Venom tunes on tour soon?

"Welcome to Hell"?  Just kidding.  But maybe some day Jeff Ament and I could do a dueling bass version?"

Now THIS would be sick.