BLACK METAL!!!!

Started by scosby2, Apr 25, 2011, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaye

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 25, 2011, 12:36 PM

Love it!!! How many bands can claim to have covered soul thai pop??

;D   Exactly what I was thinking.   I like Black Metal even more after hearing the original. 

buymycar

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
Quote from: scosby2 on Apr 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
Quote from: YungYave on Apr 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
the chorus is already playing over and over again in my head
the song is playing over and over again on my laptop

third time for me. also to note the amazon page seems to be taken down :'( .

I find this very muppets-esque . maybe muppets take mahattan.

The email from the band said it will be available on iTunes and Amazon on April 26.

jbaruch76

anyone know where to download it? they should let the ppl who preordered download it.

e_wind

one post above it says you can download it from itunes or amazon tomorrow. this is not the right place for you to come looking for handouts, just sayin
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

bigkidfallsdown.com

I recorded it from the web and I'll still be purchasing it at midnight or as soon as it's available. Support, support, support the bands you love.
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

HIGH on SOUND

Love the song! This album is going to be sick..

I don't think they technically "sampled" that Thai song. It's not like they just took the music from it and had Jim sing over top of it. The band is definitely playing the music.

More like a creative interpretation. Can't wait to see this stuff live!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 25, 2011, 11:42 AM
Quote from: scosby2 on Apr 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
Quote from: YungYave on Apr 25, 2011, 11:37 AM
the chorus is already playing over and over again in my head
the song is playing over and over again on my laptop

third time for me. also to note the amazon page seems to be taken down :'( .

I find this very muppets-esque . maybe muppets take mahattan.
I bookmarked it a couple of days ago and its still there.
http://www.amazon.com/Holdin-on-to-Black-Metal/dp/B004UJPS2W/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1302734104&sr=8-7
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

JaneCool

Well it definitely sounds a lot like that Siamese Soul song, which I had never heard before.
The first couple times I listened to Black Metal, I was reminded of this song -

Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
So, I do believe.....

antonio

I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE A FLUTE SOLO IN THIS SONG. FALSE ADVERTISING.

Tracy 2112

I can't wait t hear how many people hate this song (and why)    ;D

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

layin low

QuoteI find this very muppets-esque . maybe muppets take mahattan.

First thing I thought of as well. There was an article in Rolling Stone about MMJ making music for the Muppets movie, but the songs they talked about were Wonderful and another one.

Either way, I'm diggin this tune, and it's going to be hard for me to get "Oh-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-yeah-yeah-yeah-yay-ohhhhh" out of my head.

Honest Man

It is straight up the same riff including the horns. Regardless this song owns. I just hope they give credit where credit is due.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: el_chode on Apr 25, 2011, 12:47 PM
If you like Led Zeppelin, then don't complain.

Regardless, there are numerous legal methods to do this
4) The vanilla ice duh duh duh duh DUH duh method

Yo, u so full of shitzish. Here, let Robert Matthew 'splain it to yo dumn azzz

Portion of Vanilla Ice's Segment in I Love the 90's

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

wolof7

"Black Metal," for instance, is augmented by massed female voices and what sounds like wah-wah-ed horns — a combo that lands the song somewhere between "Superfly" and "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)."

Between this from rolling stone and the article from SPIN, which features the album art of the Thai artist, I don't think the band is hiding the fact that it was sampled at all. Who cares.

I just want to hear the gdamn song already!!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

SmokinShootin

Don't jump down my throat for this, but I'm not liking it.  It doesn't sound like MMJ to me.  It suuuuper produced.  From that discription of it being like superfly etc. I was excited, but now I am disapointed. 

CC

For those wondering about the Siamese Soul connection. Yes, there's a connection and the band credits the original song in the liner notes. They look at it almost like they sampled the riff, but they are actually playing it all.

scosby2

that's what i thought...thanks for clearing it all up...

wolof7

Yea I am feelin it' :D
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

buymycar

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 25, 2011, 02:14 PM
one post above it says you can download it from itunes or amazon tomorrow. this is not the right place for you to come looking for handouts, just sayin

The post above yours wasn't looking for a handout.  It was stated that people who have preordered the album should be able to download it.  That sounds fair to me.  It's not a question of supporting the band.  It's a question of how many times you have to support the band.

That said, nothing's going to stop me from buying the track on iTunes tonight.

e_wind

i disagree... bands stream new music all the time but dont say "hey if you preordered this download the leak, we don't care."
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...