I HATE THIS STUPID F***ING SONG ORDER!! errrrrr

Started by DaFunkyPrecedent, May 10, 2011, 12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaFunkyPrecedent

Is it just me, or is the song order alllllllllllll fucked up? I mean COME ON! really guys...you actually thought "Victory Dance" was a good opener? I've studied song orders my whole life, from the perfect song placements of Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" and Dire Straits "Making Movies"  to noticeable lack of thought that went into albums like  "Songs In The Of Life" and "Marquee Moon".  You can trust me, I know where a song is supposed to go and I can tell you that Circuital is a complete and utter failure.  First off, half of those songs shouldn't have even been on there.  What they should have done is gone back and made their songs sound like they did on At Dawn and It Still Moves...but because they didn't, we'll just have to work with what we have.  I said it before and I'll say it again, "Victory Dance" is a HORRIBLE opener.  HORRIBLE! The WORST.  So bad it almost ruins the whole album. Then right after they almost ruin the whole momentum of the album they perfectly blend the end of V.Dance into Circuital? What are you guys, DJ's??? Let's get back to the Rock and Roll boys! Then right at the end of Circuital, right when you're feeling all bubbly inside, they go into more happy bubbly stuff?  HELL NO! I wanna hear that thrash, that rock, that "I don't give a fuck who are, we're not Kings Of Leon" sound.  But thats just the start of it all...it's right in the middle is when it gets realllly bad...they centerpiece the whole album with their most rockin', catchy and unique song to date "Black Metal"?  really?  you wanna centerpiece your album with your BEST song.  My Morning Jacket is better than this...I wanna hear their best song right when I don't expect it...like in It Still Moves you're listening it is you're all like "ladi dodi..oh Golden was nice...oh yeah I really like that Master Plan song...then BAM - ONE BIG FUCKING HOLIDAY"...but not on this album. Not on Circuital. They have to go and ruin it with horrible song placement. So right when you're like.."okay, My Morning Jacket ALWAYS finishes strong" they gotta end the whole thing by slowing it all down and making it sound all pretty.  I hate when bands force me to reflect and think and come to terms with the creative expression that artist just presented to me.  No, yeah, this album is all wrong and I have come to correct it.  Here is what I got.

1. "Moving Away" (how ironic..starting with a song about moving away...I thought Jim would have seen this one)
2. "You Wanna Freak Out" (because this is what we want from a second song...we wanna freak out"
3. "H. Black Metal" (This is where we freak out)
4. "Outta My System" (Now that we got it out of our system...let's move forward)
5. "The Day Is Coming" (moving forward into a  new Day)
6. "First Light" (Now that the day is here we have our.."first light")
7. "Wonderful" (in our first light..how else do you expect to feel)
8. "Friends Again" (I can't believe they didn't put this song on there. BULL SHIT. I'm sooo pissed, I mean this song would be PERFECT right HERE..right after "wonderful". Jesus...I thought these guys knew what they were doing)
9. "Victory Dance" (Once you're friends again...you gotta have a lil victory dance)
10. "Circuital" (I don't know what it means...but that's why it would be a good closer...like "what does all of this mean???")
11. "Moving Away" (again...thats right - end and start with the same song!- that would be so bad ass!)

LEAVE OUT : "Slow slow tune" - (it's waaaaaaaaay toooooo sloooooooow...come on! let's ROCK IT!!!)

I hope you all can see where I'm coming from...just put the album in this order and you'll hear the album the way it's SUPPOSED to sound.  The funny thing is, I probably listen to WAY more My Morning Jacket that Jim James or any of The Boys do, so I should actually know better the best way there music should sound.

I hope next time they make an album they don't fuck up like they did this time...
God damn those shaky knees.

Bigsky

Do you ever have a problem finding a mirror?...because I am assuming you like to look at yourself and all your righteousness.

So what are you saying? You think MMJ doesn't know what they are doing? Wow...while you're at it, maybe you could work on the Sistine Chapel...you might find that Michelangelo messed up on the order as well.

I guess I find it extremely arrogant for a someone to claim that another's work of art is wrong. You might not like it and would like to make changes, but never suggest that the artist is wrong. Because, through my studding of art & design I have learned that art can't be wrong.

You took a long time to write that post and I praise your commitment, but your order of points is a bit off...next time your studding song orders ask your teacher for some help...I would give you some, but I never have studies song orders.

The cool thing with today's technology...you can put an album in any order you want.

itrainmonkeys

lol......so you think starting and ending the album with the same song would be better? What part of your years of studies led you to that?

You may not like the order, but I'm liking it. Sorry it bothers you so much. Like the post above me says....thankfully you can listen to it in any order you want.

kyjed48

[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

Honest Man

I definitely sense sarcasm. There is no way anyone would think Victory Dance is a shitty opening song.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

patrickbateman

Yeah, he's definitely being sarcastic.

But I found it excessive and a little unnecessary as well

Ruckus

You're wrong Casey! >:(  Would you put At Dawn in the middle of At Dawn?  First Light or whatever should be the opener and Day is Coming the closer so it would make sense on repeat.  I'd put both Moving Aways back to back in middle so when you move away from where you moved away to you be right back in the same plaaaace, that you started out.

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

itrainmonkeys

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: Bigsky on May 10, 2011, 11:02 AM
Do you ever have a problem finding a mirror?...because I am assuming you like to look at yourself and all your righteousness.

So what are you saying? You think MMJ doesn't know what they are doing? Wow...while you're at it, maybe you could work on the Sistine Chapel...you might find that Michelangelo messed up on the order as well.

I guess I find it extremely arrogant for a someone to claim that another's work of art is wrong. You might not like it and would like to make changes, but never suggest that the artist is wrong. Because, through my studding of art & design I have learned that art can't be wrong.

You took a long time to write that post and I praise your commitment, but your order of points is a bit off...next time your studding song orders ask your teacher for some help...I would give you some, but I never have studies song orders.

The cool thing with today's technology...you can put an album in any order you want.

.....sigh

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on May 10, 2011, 12:00 PM
lol......so you think starting and ending the album with the same song would be better? What part of your years of studies led you to that?

You may not like the order, but I'm liking it. Sorry it bothers you so much. Like the post above me says....thankfully you can listen to it in any order you want.

....sigh again

DaFunkyPrecedent

For all the FOOLS who can't pick up on a hint sarcasm, let me just say that I am simply poking fun at everyone who comes onto MY forum and has to find something wrong with this AMAZING album.  Last night I got stoned and I wrote what I wrote. Then I watched 'The Tudors' until 4am.

See all you noobs later!

Bigsky

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on May 10, 2011, 01:23 PM
For all the FOOLS who can't pick up on a hint sarcasm, let me just say that I am simply poking fun at everyone who comes onto MY forum and has to find something wrong with this AMAZING album.  Last night I got stoned and I wrote what I wrote. Then I watched 'The Tudors' until 4am.

See all you noobs later!

Nice work DaFunkyPrecedent...I fell hard! :thumbsup:

ericm

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on May 10, 2011, 01:23 PM

See all you noobs later!

I thought you were being sarcastic, but it's not always easy to tell on a forum when you can't hear a person or see their face. Maybe a little  ;) would help next time.

;)
"Where's Jim going?"

Tracy 2112

I always thought the first 53 seconds of Dire Straits' Down to the Waterline should be a separate song itself, much like I thought the first 1:39 of At Dawn should be a separate song

Dire Straits - Down To The Waterline + lyrics

My Morning Jacket - At Dawn

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on May 10, 2011, 12:58 AM
Is it just me, or is the song order alllllllllllll fucked up? I mean COME ON! really guys...you actually thought "Victory Dance" was a good opener? I've studied song orders my whole life, from the perfect song placements of Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" and Dire Straits "Making Movies"  to noticeable lack of thought that went into albums like  "Songs In The Of Life" and "Marquee Moon".  You can trust me, I know where a song is supposed to go and I can tell you that Circuital is a complete and utter failure.  First off, half of those songs shouldn't have even been on there.  What they should have done is gone back and made their songs sound like they did on At Dawn and It Still Moves...but because they didn't, we'll just have to work with what we have.  I said it before and I'll say it again, "Victory Dance" is a HORRIBLE opener.  HORRIBLE! The WORST.  So bad it almost ruins the whole album. Then right after they almost ruin the whole momentum of the album they perfectly blend the end of V.Dance into Circuital? What are you guys, DJ's??? Let's get back to the Rock and Roll boys! Then right at the end of Circuital, right when you're feeling all bubbly inside, they go into more happy bubbly stuff?  HELL NO! I wanna hear that thrash, that rock, that "I don't give a fuck who are, we're not Kings Of Leon" sound.  But thats just the start of it all...it's right in the middle is when it gets realllly bad...they centerpiece the whole album with their most rockin', catchy and unique song to date "Black Metal"?  really?  you wanna centerpiece your album with your BEST song.  My Morning Jacket is better than this...I wanna hear their best song right when I don't expect it...like in It Still Moves you're listening it is you're all like "ladi dodi..oh Golden was nice...oh yeah I really like that Master Plan song...then BAM - ONE BIG FUCKING HOLIDAY"...but not on this album. Not on Circuital. They have to go and ruin it with horrible song placement. So right when you're like.."okay, My Morning Jacket ALWAYS finishes strong" they gotta end the whole thing by slowing it all down and making it sound all pretty.  I hate when bands force me to reflect and think and come to terms with the creative expression that artist just presented to me.  No, yeah, this album is all wrong and I have come to correct it.  Here is what I got.

1. "Moving Away" (how ironic..starting with a song about moving away...I thought Jim would have seen this one)
2. "You Wanna Freak Out" (because this is what we want from a second song...we wanna freak out"
3. "H. Black Metal" (This is where we freak out)
4. "Outta My System" (Now that we got it out of our system...let's move forward)
5. "The Day Is Coming" (moving forward into a  new Day)
6. "First Light" (Now that the day is here we have our.."first light")
7. "Wonderful" (in our first light..how else do you expect to feel)
8. "Friends Again" (I can't believe they didn't put this song on there. BULL SHIT. I'm sooo pissed, I mean this song would be PERFECT right HERE..right after "wonderful". Jesus...I thought these guys knew what they were doing)
9. "Victory Dance" (Once you're friends again...you gotta have a lil victory dance)
10. "Circuital" (I don't know what it means...but that's why it would be a good closer...like "what does all of this mean???")
11. "Moving Away" (again...thats right - end and start with the same song!- that would be so bad ass!)

LEAVE OUT : "Slow slow tune" - (it's waaaaaaaaay toooooo sloooooooow...come on! let's ROCK IT!!!)

I hope you all can see where I'm coming from...just put the album in this order and you'll hear the album the way it's SUPPOSED to sound.  The funny thing is, I probably listen to WAY more My Morning Jacket that Jim James or any of The Boys do, so I should actually know better the best way there music should sound.

I hope next time they make an album they don't fuck up like they did this time...
One or two sentences work for sarcasm, not several well developed paragraphs. This is more in the realm of a parody rather than sarcasm, fyi.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

slappymoe

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 10, 2011, 01:58 PM
One or two sentences work for sarcasm, not several well developed paragraphs. This is more in the realm of a parody rather than sarcasm, fyi.
what tracy said.  it was just an unpleasant read, sarcasm or not.

My Monkey Friend

I definitely sense sarcasm. There is no way anyone would think Victory Dance is a shitty opening song.

i think we can all sense sarcasm, but it becomes a little harder to detect when it is in complete unabridged novel form.

Penny Lane

i agree with whoever said it was a badly placed song order?
not sure why mocking that opinion was worth a whole thread  :(
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Taterbug

I'm thinking about taking a break until the 31st, 1/2 the stuff I've been reading lately has been kind of a buzzkill and all the music prodigies with there reviews are turning this awesome place in outerspace  into a Kabuki Theater. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

walterfredo

^I agree, in the last week (or since the album was leaked) this place has been a bit unpleasant at times.  People of the world....relax!