Circuital and Everest

Started by rincon, May 11, 2011, 12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon

So I am guilty of listening to Circuital, but I did invest a pretty penny on pre orders. I was listening to it the other day and when it was over I put on some Everest, so I could be more familiar with them. They are opening for them in LA. I played "Ghost Notes" and it felt like it was a continuation of Circuital. The main difference was the vocals were a little more like Paul Simon, but the music just seamlessly transitioned. On the song Black Covers, the vocals sound a lot like Jim.
     I know Circuital was not made with Everest in mind, but I would be willing to bet they noticed some similarities in these albums, and recruited them to open up for them.
   BTW, On Approach, the other Everest album, sounds nothing like MMJ, but much like Supergrass.

Ruckus

Just a heads up man.  These bands go back a ways.  They've opened for them in Europe and T5.  Bo also produced their last record and played keys on some tracks.
EDIT:  perhaps I misunderstood your post
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Apeskies

Great band, seen them open for Minus the Bear once.

rincon

I am just noting how those two particular albums flow together. I figured there was a history. Each band makes albums that are different from the others, but Circuital and Ghost Notes are very similar. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

Tennessee Jed

I love Everest, but I think you are reaching quite a bit in comparing their records.

rincon

Listen to circuital then ghost notes back to back. They are not clones by any means, but VERY similar in style, where their other albums do not sound similar.

Penny Lane

Quote from: rincon on May 11, 2011, 12:11 PM
BTW, On Approach, the other Everest album, sounds nothing like MMJ, but much like Supergrass.

yeah i get that....good comparison
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Tennessee Jed

Besides both being great bands and great albums, I give up...

God, I do love Everest