PAGEANT, St. Louis 8/2 roll call

Started by Rufus T. Firefly, May 11, 2011, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T. Firefly

Yup, dreams do come true,  A HOME TOWN SHOW...at my venue of choice no less. :thumbsup:

St. Louis questions?,  I have answers.

1. Rufus T. Firefly + ?

Penny Lane

THANK GOD!!
We will not have to hear MJK bitch anymore!!!  :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 11, 2011, 02:31 PM
THANK GOD!!
We will not have to hear MJK bitch anymore!!!  :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

;D

1. Rufas T. Firefly
2. BH + 100!!!!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

At first I was just slightly bummed that we didn't get Neko.  I love her more by the hour.   But noticed that basically also meant we get a theatre show and not an amphitheatre show which is so much more awesomer.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Rufus T. Firefly

Quote from: BH on May 11, 2011, 02:35 PM
At first I was just slightly bummed that we didn't get Neko.  I love her more by the hour.   But noticed that basically also meant we get a theatre show and not an amphitheatre show which is so much more awesomer.

Yeah, this is the spot brother (sister?), top notch venue. Third or fourth most popular venue (by size) in the world. It'll be GA (maybe reserved balcony) so get there early if you want a seat.

mjk73

Quote from: BH on May 11, 2011, 02:32 PM
THANK GOD!!

;D

1. Rufas T. Firefly
2. BH + 100!!!!

1. Rufas T. Firefly
2. BH + 100!!!!
3. MJ (Darkland) + The Boy <---I have to be the greatest dad ever for this one. We'll be on the rail

walterfredo

Quote from: Rufus T. Firefly on May 11, 2011, 02:40 PM
Third or fourth most popular venue (by size) in the world.

really?  rated by who?  Just curious.  Have never been to the Pageant.  I did see phish at the STL Fox in 09 and that was quite the venue too, absolutely stunning.

MOWJO8185

YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

Joined Roll Call just to make sure there's no possible way I miss out on this... very curious as to how fast tickets will go here, very few people I have talked to know them.

BH

Quote from: walterfredo on May 11, 2011, 02:51 PM

really?  rated by who?  Just curious.  Have never been to the Pageant.  I did see phish at the STL Fox in 09 and that was quite the venue too, absolutely stunning.

Ive never heard that but it IS a great place.  Only holds 2000, set up like a theatre, great sound, two awesome bars with plenty o' tenders and great site lines.   What more could you ask for.  It's also set in one of the 2 or 3 best night life areas in STL. 

edit:  also, yes, the fox is stunning.  I've been told the Dead almost bought that theatre once to make it a home base but somebody tried and succeeded in stopping it from happening.  Now I wish I had more info on that subject.

BH

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on May 11, 2011, 02:55 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

Joined Roll Call just to make sure there's no possible way I miss out on this... very curious as to how fast tickets will go here, very few people I have talked to know them.

It sold out I think last time they were at the Pagean 3 years ago but not until the night of if I remember right.  Mike, is this accurate?

mjk73

Quote from: BH on May 11, 2011, 02:56 PM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on May 11, 2011, 02:55 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSS.

It sold out I think last time they were at the Pagean 3 years ago but not until the night of if I remember right.  Mike, is this accurate?
Sold out and it was 5 years ago. Trust me, I've counted every damn day since. It didn't sell out fast. Most sell out shows here are a slow burn unless its someone hot, like the mess with Mumford and Sons which sold out in less then an hour.

e_wind

IF ANYONE GOES TO THIS FROM LOUISVILLE OR SURROUNDING AREAS - I'm trying to go to this then fly to Red Rocks the next day, so Im looking for a ride for my lady and I. Gas money and beers would be your payment. This is on my 21st bday and I really wanna be here!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Rufus T. Firefly

Quote from: walterfredo on May 11, 2011, 02:51 PM

Can't find the original link but this ought to do

http://ishootshows.com/2011/01/10/top-100-worldwide-club-venues-2010/

venue sells a lot of tix cause it's AWESOME, I may be a lil biased, but I've been around a bit and it's hard venue to beat IMHO :)

MOWJO8185

It is a sick venue.  Easily my favorite place to see a show.  Hitting up Fleet Foxes there in July as well.

ChronicHunger

1. Rufas T. Firefly
2. BH + 100!!!!
3. MJ (Darkland) + The Boy
4. Chronichunger

Rufus T. Firefly

Quote from: ChronicHunger on May 11, 2011, 03:34 PM
1. Rufus T. Firefly
2. BH + 100!!!!
4. Chronichunger

FYP.....my ass is not rough dammit

kbosch74

One of the 100+ with Herm, er BH.  Two nights before Red Rocks. My head just blew off.  Christmas in August.

Tracy 2112

THANK GOD!!

No more bitching for the rest of the year   ;)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

mjk73

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on May 11, 2011, 04:37 PM
THANK GOD!!

No more bitching for the rest of the year   ;)
Right

BH

1. Rufus T. Firefly
2. BH + 98!!!!
4. Chronichunger
5. MOWJO8185
6. kbosch74
7. sbosch74