PAGEANT, St. Louis 8/2 roll call

Started by Rufus T. Firefly, May 11, 2011, 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigkidfallsdown.com

Anyone thinking about recording this show? I love recording shows but I'm usually pretty well buzzed and have to pee and it's a whole thing.

I've got this guy http://rekkerd.org/img/200910/roland_edirol_r-09hr.jpg

If someone else is gona record I won't bother with it. I may record the next night in KC, either way.

Anyone have any suggestions for recording better with this particular device? Or at all really. I recorded a David Byrne show about 4 years ago with it and it sounds great.
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

mjk73

2nded the excellent decision. There are a few recorders at the Pageant usually. I'll be a little busy to attempt to for this one.

marino13

I just noticed that Delta Spirit is the opener for this show.  If you haven't heard them, they are a phenomenal band.  I couldn't imagine a better 1-2 punch than this.  Also, I saw The National at The Pageant last year and it is the best venue I've been to hands down, and I've been to almost every comparable spot in Chicago.

Delta Spirit:
Make sure you watch the last minute of this one.
Delta Spirit - Bushwick Blues live on Last Call with Carson Daly

Delta Spirit, "People, Turn Around"

mjk73

Fuck yeah!!!!!! Dave, this makes you happy right?

marino13

ChronicHunger

oh fuck yea! this is awesome. Ive been trying to see them for the last two years.  :beer:

Ruckus

Quote from: BH on May 27, 2011, 04:40 PM
excellent decision
Very happy that you will be getting a double dose of Delta Spirit sir :beer:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Quote from: Darklands on May 29, 2011, 09:36 AM
I will trade you one, mint condition Neko Case Merriweather card for your beaten up, bent corner, ripped St. Louis Delta Spirit card Herr Darklands.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

Oh man in 3 days I'm going to get DS/MMJ Primus/F'Lips Amos Lee/MMJ. That's seriously the equivalent to the amount of full sets I'd see at a festival. What week that'll be!!
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mjk73

Quote from: Ruckus on May 29, 2011, 02:31 PM
Quote from: Darklands on May 29, 2011, 09:36 AM
I will trade you one, mint condition Neko Case Merriweather card for your beaten up, bent corner, ripped St. Louis Delta Spirit card Herr Darklands.
touche. Yeah, Neko would be choice #1, but I'm cool with Delta Spirit. Plus I got something special going on that day with the boy that is gonna make it even better.

BH

NIce!  I've also been waiting to see DS for some time now!   Excellent news!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

tickets on sale tomorrow... everyone brace yourself!

La barba de Castro

1. Rufus T. Firefly
2. BH + 98!!!!
3. MJ (Darkland) + The Boy
4. Chronichunger
5. MOWJO8185
6. kbosch74
7. sbosch74
8. La barba de Castro

bigkidfallsdown.com

1. Rufus T. Firefly
2. BH + 98!!!!
3. MJ (Darkland) + The Boy
4. Chronichunger
5. MOWJO8185
6. kbosch74
7. sbosch74
8. La barba de Castro
9. bkfd
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

ChronicHunger

e_wind

so now all the suddenly i cant sign into roll call? the sign in location is just gone

bigkidfallsdown.com

It was fucking wonky - I've been pounding on my table.

There aren't two tickets together in the balcony anymore.

e_wind

Yeah that happened to me, and there are four of us traveling so we went GA. So it says you must be 21 to be on the balcony, does that mean that if I'm on the floor I can't drink?! The reason I'm going to this show out of my way is because its my 21st B-Day...

bigkidfallsdown.com

Na I bet there will be wristbands or something. They'd loose money if GA people couldn't drink.

Rufus T. Firefly

anybody know what the  fees/shipping is on Roll Call tix?

I'd like to support the club but it's pretty easy to just drive over to Suite 100 (box office).

There looks to be a two seat limit for the balcony, I don't think I have ever seen that before. I guess they are expecting a crowd.