Boston BoA * August 14 * Roll Call

Started by johnnYYac, May 11, 2011, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

wolof7

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

pjfan04101

1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1

idioteque

can't wait.  me + 1 too

er, not that anyone around here knows who i am.   im curious what sort of seat this will get us - last time they played there (in the rain) i was center, about third row - and it was one of my favorite mmj experiences.

but why do they always have to play in the damn rain.   :P

Penny Lane

Quote from: idioteque on May 12, 2011, 08:49 AM
can't wait.  me + 1 too

er, not that anyone around here knows who i am.   im curious what sort of seat this will get us - last time they played there (in the rain) i was center, about third row - and it was one of my favorite mmj experiences.

it was more like a monsoon! it was almost louder than the band (almost)...!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

wolof7

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 12, 2011, 09:40 AM
Quote from: idioteque on May 12, 2011, 08:49 AM
can't wait.  me + 1 too

it was more like a monsoon! it was almost louder than the band (almost)...!!

Oh yea, that monsoon was pretty freakin crazy, thankfully we got covering right before things got torrential, great condition for a MMJ show! 

YungYave

1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
4. YungYave +1 (and others)
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

YungYave

I do have a question for anyone who's been to the Bank of America Pavilion, what's the seating like? I've been to pretty much every venue in the area except this one! Is it all seats or is there general admission standing room in front of the stage? Basically I'm trying to get an idea of what advantages we have with the pre-sale.
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

johnnYYac

FWIW, I have the audio of that show, which seems to have vanished from live music archive and the torrent sites.  My first MMJ show!

MMJ @ Boston BoA Pavillion 2008-09-06  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBE8P5DV

Jim and the boys appeared pleased that we braved the tropical storm.

johnnYYac

Quote from: YungYave on May 12, 2011, 11:09 AM
I do have a question for anyone who's been to the Bank of America Pavilion, what's the seating like? I've been to pretty much every venue in the area except this one! Is it all seats or is there general admission standing room in front of the stage? Basically I'm trying to get an idea of what advantages we have with the pre-sale.
I was pretty far back for this show, my first.  I seem to recall it wasn't very well sloped and the boys didn't use video screens, either.  I'm pretty sure its reserved seating only, so it will benefit to use Roll Call.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

br00ke

i was at that monsoon show .. that was way before i ever met you guys  :o

ericm

Hmmm.

This show looks easier for me to do than Alpharetta, and cheaper too.  :thumbsup:

I like the idea of diving up there Saturday after MPP. Anyone have any hotel suggestions close to the venue.?
"Where's Jim going?"

wolof7

Quote from: ericm on May 12, 2011, 01:08 PM
Hmmm.

This show looks easier for me to do than Alpharetta, and cheaper too.  :thumbsup:

I like the idea of diving up there Saturday after MPP. Anyone have any hotel suggestions close to the venue.?

There's a hotel right across the street from the venue! It's a lil fancy tho, I'm sure there are plenty of others in the area, it is Boston.

http://www.seaportboston.com/

usm3

I just noticed that the RC email indicated an on-sale date of 5/18, but the website lists an on-sale date of 5/31.   ???

wolof7

Quote from: usm3 on May 12, 2011, 01:35 PM
I just noticed that the RC email indicated an on-sale date of 5/18, but the website lists an on-sale date of 5/31.   ???

as per the site adminstrator, the presale date is 5/31

ericm

Quote from: wolof7 on May 12, 2011, 01:25 PM
Quote from: ericm on May 12, 2011, 01:08 PM
Hmmm.

There's a hotel right across the street from the venue! It's a lil fancy tho, I'm sure there are plenty of others in the area, it is Boston.

http://www.seaportboston.com/

Thanks.  :thumbsup: I figured there would be plenty of hotels , but was really looking for something near the venue and within walking distance.

That one looks nice as does the Westin Waterfront,but both a bit pricey. Looks like a trip to Priceline is in order.  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

subinai

i'm on the fence for this. if anybody is driving back sunday night to nyc after the show that'd be awesome.

Randall

I'm hoping to go if I can get tickets through the presale.  :)