Boston BoA * August 14 * Roll Call

Started by johnnYYac, May 11, 2011, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br00ke

i'd be all kinds of into going back to nyc directly after the show .. not sure if that's possible though.

i keep laughing at myself b/c i keep getting the dates mixed up .. thinking it's boston >> mpp and not the other way around. i keep talking about riding from boston to mpp but nay, it's the other way around. eric .. vice verse everything i said in the message i sent ya  ;D

Penny Lane

Quote from: br00ke on May 12, 2011, 02:08 PM
i'd be all kinds of into going back to nyc directly after the show .. not sure if that's possible though.

i keep laughing at myself b/c i keep getting the dates mixed up .. thinking it's boston >> mpp and not the other way around. i keep talking about riding from boston to mpp but nay, it's the other way around. eric .. vice verse everything i said in the message i sent ya  ;D

me too, i think ericm MIGHT also...

please please please add a Saturday Philly show....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Sorry, guys, but Saturday is KaBang Fest in Bangor, ME. 

My wife and I stayed at a nice place close to BoA last year, pricey but if folks want to double, triple, quadruple up, it won't be so bad and its right across the street.  I'll try to figure out what it is.  Otherwise, I might head home afterward (2 hour drive). 

Looks like Roll Call PreSale for this changed from 5/18 to 5/31 overnight. 

By the way, here are the prices as listed on Live Nation ($15.50 to $17.50 is fees!!!  Motherfucker!)

US $30.00 - US $40.00
US $30.00 Ticket + US $15.50 Fees = US $45.50
US $40.00 Ticket + US $17.50 Fees = US $57.50
This event takes place rain or shine.

EDIT: This looks like the best bet and right next door.

Seaport Hotel and Seaport World Trade Center (4 stars)
1 Seaport Ln, Boston, MA, 02210 United States
866-539-0036

$200 (not bad if split 4 ways  ;) )
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 12, 2011, 03:43 PM

My wife and I stayed at a nice place close to BoA last year, pricey but if folks want to double, triple, quadruple up, it won't be so bad and its right across the street.  I'll try to figure out what it is.  Otherwise, I might head home afterward (2 hour drive). 

By the way, here are the prices as listed on Live Nation ($15.50 to $17.50 is fees!!!  Motherfucker!)

US $30.00 - US $40.00

866-539-0036

I thought KahBang was that Saturday, but wasn't sure. :(

I'm really leaning towards coming up for this, and passing on Alpharetta.

I tried Priceline for 4 star hotels on Boston Waterfront, and got denied. I figured I would because I went low and all the ones I saw there were normally $200.00 -$289.00 per night. I'm going to up my bid tomorrow and try again.

I'll let you know when I get a bid accepted, for how much,and which hotel.

Last year a few of us got the 4 star Hyatt for Philly @ $100.00.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Penny Lane

US $30.00 - US $40.00

866-539-0036

ohhhh that's right! thanks, JY-- and those prices....jeez.
i stayed at the Westin in 2008 but i got a good deal because it was new or something, it was within walking distance.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 12, 2011, 04:52 PM

US $30.00 - US $40.00

866-539-0036

ohhhh that's right! thanks, JY-- and those prices....jeez.
i stayed at the Westin in 2008 but i got a good deal because it was new or something, it was within walking distance.
That might have been where we stayed, too.  I was the REALLY drunk guy who bought 2 tall beers at last call from the hotel bar.  If you were within 1000 feet of me, you heard me express my joy at my first MMJ concert.  Damn lucky I didn't fall off the pier into the Atlantic that night.  That was the last time I let alcohol run the show.  I drink less now that I'm not smoking tobacco.

CountSA

1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
4. YungYave +1 (and others)
5. CountSA +1

mahg33ta

1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
6.  mahg33ta + 5 (incl Sean Riley)

johnnYYac

johnnYYac

1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
7. idioteque +1
8. CC +1

Finally get to share a show with mahg33ta!  and Wolof!  and the whole Boston roll call gang.  Preshow, maybe the new sports bar built right next door?  I haven't been in yet, but its mighty convenient.  We've got time...

bluesky

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 13, 2011, 08:47 PM
1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
7. idioteque +1
8. CC +1
9. bluesky

Finally get to share a show with mahg33ta!  and Wolof!  and the whole Boston roll call gang.  Preshow, maybe the new sports bar built right next door?  I haven't been in yet, but its mighty convenient.  We've got time...

CC Snagglepuss

if you're looking for a hotel in boston, keep checking travelzoo.com. They will have deals, and usually boston waterfront hotels are on the list since its a "newly" developed area for boston and they try to market it to get people over there.

Jahmazed

1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
7. idioteque +1
8. CC +1
9. bluesky
10. jahmazed + 1 (hopefully monkeyboy)

There is a decent bar/seafod place on the pier we hung out at last time.  I forget the name but they had lots of MMJ on the jukebox  :beer:

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jahmazed on May 15, 2011, 09:04 AM
1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
7. idioteque +1
8. CC +1
9. bluesky

There is a decent bar/seafod place on the pier we hung out at last time.  I forget the name but they had lots of MMJ on the jukebox  :beer:
I'm thinking me and Mrs. Yac dined their prior to the '08 show.  Maybe you were that table of rowdies that ruined our meal.  ;)

Hey, Matt, are you and/or Aaron doing Montreal this year?  I've got an extra ticket for $40, tix are still available (all GA), and would love to carpool.  I'm heading to Ottawa the next day, however.

Jahmazed

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 15, 2011, 10:28 AM
1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
7. idioteque +1
8. CC +1
9. bluesky

I'm thinking me and Mrs. Yac dined their prior to the '08 show.  Maybe you were that table of rowdies that ruined our meal.  ;)

Hey, Matt, are you and/or Aaron doing Montreal this year?  I've got an extra ticket for $40, tix are still available (all GA), and would love to carpool.  I'm heading to Ottawa the next day, however.

Hey Johhny I'm not taking any credit for the rowdiness the place was full of MMJ fans and you know how they roll  :beer:  I don't remember it getting like that so maybe it wasn't the same spot though.  I won't forget that that deluge though, the rain was crazy. 

Montreal is where I caught my first show so its seems fitting to come "full circuital" - right back in the same place I started out!   But I think its either Mtn Jam or Montreal and I'm still on the fence for which, will let you know.  AAron is a Mainer these days so I think his sights are set on Kahbang.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Jahmazed on May 16, 2011, 08:55 AM
1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
7. idioteque +1
8. CC +1
9. bluesky

Hey Johhny I'm not taking any credit for the rowdiness the place was full of MMJ fans and you know how they roll  :beer:  I don't remember it getting like that so maybe it wasn't the same spot though.  I won't forget that that deluge though, the rain was crazy. 

Montreal is where I caught my first show so its seems fitting to come "full circuital" - right back in the same place I started out!   But I think its either Mtn Jam or Montreal and I'm still on the fence for which, will let you know.  AAron is a Mainer these days so I think his sights are set on Kahbang.
Amazing, we overlap on 5 shows so far (Boston, MoF, Burlington, Portland, T5 EU).  Definitely let me know what you decide; I'll be at both Mt. Jam and Montreal, plus Boston. 

Jahmazed

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 16, 2011, 11:32 AM
Quote from: Jahmazed on May 16, 2011, 08:55 AM
1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
7. idioteque +1
8. CC +1
9. bluesky

Amazing, we overlap on 5 shows so far (Boston, MoF, Burlington, Portland, T5 EU).  Definitely let me know what you decide; I'll be at both Mt. Jam and Montreal, plus Boston.

Right on JohhnYY and we will increase that number this summer! 

ericm

1. johnnYYac +1
2. Wolof +1
3. pjfan04101 +1
5. CountSA +1
7. idioteque +1
8. CC +1
9. bluesky
11. ericm

I'm in.  :thumbsup: It's going to be quite the weekend, first MMP then BOA Pav.  8)

C'mon Roll Call. 
"Where's Jim going?"

mahg33ta

ericm - glad to hear it.   I have been enjoying your handwringing on the Georgia thread.   There's an outside chance I'll be there but for sure we'll cross paths here.

Cmon Roll Call indeed !!

br00ke

i'm halfway in .. i'm just not sure of taking off friday (for mPP) and monday (for boston) off this far out. hrmmm!!!