I love Built to Spill

Started by Tracy 2112, May 12, 2011, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Especially at the 2:02 mark where Doug looks at Brett and is thinking something like > Man, that was some really cool slide work there, friend.

Or at 2:34 where they jam out the 2nd chorus rather than sing it

Built to Spill - Stop the Show (live on Reverb, 1999)
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ManNamedTruth

Nice find Tracy, love this band too. They're one of my favorite bands to bake up to and just zone out and get lost in their sonic layering of sounds.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjk73

agreed! Not to the baking part but the zoning out to the awesomeness

kotchishm

One of the better live shows I've ever seen at the National in Richmond
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

ChronicHunger

There version of Cortez The Killer may be better than neils... :-\

bumble

They are so good live it is ridiculous.  Last time I saw them Doug held up the setlist and explained to some dumbass in the crowd what it was.  She was screamin all night to play a song and he finally snapped.  It was hilarious.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: bumble on Jun 03, 2011, 07:14 AM
They are so good live it is ridiculous.  Last time I saw them Doug held up the setlist and explained to some dumbass in the crowd what it was.  She was screamin all night to play a song and he finally snapped.  It was hilarious.

That's classic!  ;D

MarkW

I only have You in Reverse (which I love) - what should I go for next?
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjk73

Live is well a great live album. Try Keep it Like A Secret

Tracy 2112

Quote from: MarkW on Jun 03, 2011, 09:13 AM

My BTS hierarchy of needs >

Keep it Like a Secret
Perfect from Now On
There's Nothing Wrong with Love (BTS purists may say this goes at the top)
Ancient Melodies of the Future
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

vespachick

Not too long ago me & hubs were walking around someplace, I forget where, and he was wearing one of his BTS t-shirts; then this other young kid/teen goes running past us and all of a sudden stops, points to MJ's t-shirt, and says "hey, that's my best friends' dad's band!".  We were then made to feel rather old but then asked "who's your friends dad?"; he was all "Brett Mutherfucker".  Classic.  ;D :thumbsup:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

ChronicHunger

One of the all time best album covers

ralph

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jun 03, 2011, 10:42 AM
Quote from: MarkW on Jun 03, 2011, 09:13 AM

My BTS hierarchy of needs >

Keep it Like a Secret
Perfect from Now On
There's Nothing Wrong with Love (BTS purists may say this goes at the top)
Ancient Melodies of the Future

I'd swing the first two the other way round!  Perfect From Now On is as close to a perfect record as you could get.

My favorite BTS moment was catching them in a tiny little bowling club in Sydney that held 150 people.  Was a last minute addition to their first tour here, and was a 'thank you' the local promoter who had tried for years to bring them over.   No stage, they just set up on the floor and played for 2hrs and 45 minutes. Unlike the setlist story from this thread, they were pretty happy to take requests. Last song was Broken Chairs - went for about 40 minutes from memory. One of my top ten shows ever...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

sweatboard

The guy in the blue shirt just KNOWS What Is Up!! 

http://youtu.be/_ABZPinjaFY
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

ffghtrs

HELL TO THE YEAH I LOVE BUILT TO SPILL>
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

EverythingChanges

I wanna see it untame itself and break its owner!
I wanna see it now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_axEmgDoX0E
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf