New York Venue? Thoughts?

Started by WSS2, May 16, 2011, 03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WSS2

Sounds like there will be an NYC date in near future.....thoughts on venue?  Return to T5?  Radio City?  Something epic and outdoors....governors island? 

br00ke

RADIO CITY RADIO CITY RADIO CITY RADIO CITY .. and me in the front row

not sure about gov's island .. logistics getting on and getting off the island (more so the latter) can be a real PITA depending on crowd. if an outdoor venue i'd say the williamsburg waterfront which is fine, not a favorite of mine b/c the set up is (or was) sort of a shit show. i missed the 1st radio city show b/c of a wedding and i still rue the day

WSS2

technically doesn't count for outdoor space but T5 does have a rooftop....

agree on governor's island....getting off is especially brutal

br00ke

i'd shoot someone in the eye with a marble if we went back to T5** .. especially in the summer months, there's just no excuse for that

** if it was another late fall/winter situation fine OK whatever but summer, no way jose. as you can tell i'm not a fan of T5 ;)

Penny Lane

i was thinking Brooklyn, maybe Coney Island or where Wilco/YLT played a couple summers ago, hoping it's not a seated venue...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ericm

The Beacon Theatre. If it's in the fall. 8)  :thumbsup:

What the hell, they could play there over the summer too.  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

br00ke

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 16, 2011, 04:26 PM
i was thinking Brooklyn, maybe Coney Island or where Wilco/YLT played a couple summers ago, hoping it's not a seated venue...

oh yeah .. i knew i was forgetting something. i'd prefer the coney island venue. i think it'd be a good size for them and there is always a GA in the field .. and then of course seats for those that want them. i've seen phish & wilco there, it was a great experience  :thumbsup:

WSS2

it they could get insane and gut out the Frying Pan for an evening....but that's probably asking wayyyyy too much...more of a fantasy thought if anything

Penny Lane

Quote from: br00ke on May 16, 2011, 04:28 PM

oh yeah .. i knew i was forgetting something. i'd prefer the coney island venue. i think it'd be a good size for them and there is always a GA in the field .. and then of course seats for those that want them. i've seen phish & wilco there, it was a great experience  :thumbsup:

it's FAR out there but i saw the white stripes/shins years ago and thought it was a great venue..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

headhunter

i was at that wilco/ylt show-- really great cool venue but i'd only be happy being by the stage.  seats in stands are a bit too far away.  then again, i think i always want to be by the stage.    this ballpark would be pretty cool.

(and we all need to keep those dangerous marbles away from brooke!)  :o
was some shakin' and some record playin'