Let It Roll.... A George Harrison Thread

Started by woodnymph, May 21, 2011, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Im The Dude

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 07, 2011, 10:32 PM
Quote from: Im The Dude on Jun 07, 2011, 07:24 PM
That last video was from the Beatles DVD Anthology! There is some great videos of Paul George and Ringo.
Hahahahahh I know I love it!!!  I've been lucky enough to catch several random people and/or friends who own the Anthologies and have played them while I was around...  makes me miss my upstairs neighbor who moved... cool kid, got a George-inspired tattoo on his arm before he moved, "We're All One, And Life Flows On, Within You & Without You"...

Love the Anthology discs, the cds AND the dvds... all super classic material  8)

I love the sets. I still have the vhs tape from the tv broadcast!

You should get a Dark horse tattoo!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

woodnymph

Quote from: Im The Dude on Jun 07, 2011, 10:39 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 07, 2011, 10:32 PM
Quote from: Im The Dude on Jun 07, 2011, 07:24 PM
That last video was from the Beatles DVD Anthology! There is some great videos of Paul George and Ringo.
Hahahahahh I know I love it!!!  I've been lucky enough to catch several random people and/or friends who own the Anthologies and have played them while I was around...  makes me miss my upstairs neighbor who moved... cool kid, got a George-inspired tattoo on his arm before he moved, "We're All One, And Life Flows On, Within You & Without You"...

Love the Anthology discs, the cds AND the dvds... all super classic material  8)

I love the sets. I still have the vhs tape from the tv broadcast!

You should get a Dark horse tattoo!
VHS!! That's the way to go!!!  Shazam.... hahah that's awesome!

Dark Horse tattooo....... whoooaa.... I'm feelin it!! The Ohm symbol in the center, the multi-headed majestic beast... I'm all riled up now!!  Just looked it up online, and apparently the horse symbol was something George had seen on a tin in India, named Uchchaihshravas (kind of sounds like a sneeze...) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uchchaisravas) and inspired him to use it as the Dark Horse Records logo.

Good call! If I ever become decisive in any one way about a tattoo, I'll consider that one!  8)
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Im The Dude

The last album he did "Brainwashed" has a great opener "Any Road" awesome song. I remember a few years back, probably late 1990's George and Ravi were one a VH1 show doing an interview. They got George to do a few acoustic songs, I believe he did "Any Road" (which was unreleased at the time) and maybe "All things must pass" but I'm not sure one the last one. It was pretty cool. He wasn't planing on playing just talking but he was so nice that he gave it a go.

I haven't looked for those videos I will now and if I find them I'll post the youtube videos.

Im The Dude

woodnymph

Brilliant..... I'm watching the whole set now, thanks for putting me onto it!!  Just brilliant :-D

Im The Dude

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 09, 2011, 12:21 AM
Brilliant..... I'm watching the whole set now, thanks for putting me onto it!!  Just brilliant :-D

I wish he could have toured one last time.

woodnymph

IT MAKES SUCH SENSE NOW.

Donovan-The making of Hurdy Gurdy Man and the lost lyric by George Harrison

This could go under several thread topics, but........ you know.......

woodnymph

Well I've been hearing about this since last week or the week previous to that, but HOLY MACKEREL here it is!!!

http://www.spinner.com/2011/07/14/martin-scorsese-george-harrison-documentary/

:D :D :D

TheBigChicken

wow wow wow....tears of JOY... :-* :-* :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

woodnymph

Hot off MMJ's fb press!!:

We're honoring George Harrison + help kids in Africa, check out Concert for Bangladesh to support UNICEF. The entire concert will be streaming in full Midnight tonight thru Monday, August 1st: http://www.georgeharrison.com/

woodnymph

Go on, watch it now!  The whole thing's streaming just fine!!   :-*

www.georgeharrison.com

woodnymph

Not to be redundant!  Just don't want any peeps that might be interested to miss this!!

Now streaming the Concert For Bangladesh on www.georgeharrison.com !!!   If you have or haven't seen it, it's free and great seamless streaming quality!!  Ravi Shankar and co. tear things UP during the intro..... absolutely mindblowing  :o

And everyone that performs is just a great presence next to Georgie  8)

woodnymph

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 31, 2011, 01:27 PM
Not to be redundant!  Just don't want any peeps that might be interested to miss this!!

Now streaming the Concert For Bangladesh on www.georgeharrison.com !!!   If you have or haven't seen it, it's free and great seamless streaming quality!!  Ravi Shankar and co. tear things UP during the intro..... absolutely mindblowing  :o

If you watched no other part............

Concert for Bangladesh--Indian Music Section

EasyRyder

This was my first time actually sitting down and watching the whole thing through. And LAWD, it has since become one of my top 3 favorite concert movies. Thanks so much for posting about the stream,  I don't know how I held off on listening/watching for so long  :)

Also, Shankar and the gang's intro was such a cool way to start a rock 'n roll show. Their interplay is genius...surely not human. George too has such a modest stage presence, yet his eyes are burning with some kind of passion the whole way through. The whole event felt very wholesome... I'll be watching this again soon!!!
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

woodnymph

Quote from: EasyRyder on Jul 31, 2011, 06:30 PM

This was my first time actually sitting down and watching the whole thing through. And LAWD, it has since become one of my top 3 favorite concert movies. Thanks so much for posting about the stream,  I don't know how I held off on listening/watching for so long  :)

Also, Shankar and the gang's intro was such a cool way to start a rock 'n roll show. Their interplay is genius...surely not human. George too has such a modest stage presence, yet his eyes are burning with some kind of passion the whole way through. The whole event felt very wholesome... I'll be watching this again soon!!!

Wow, you said it!!!  That describes it perfectly!!!  It's definitely one of my favorites now also-- my first time seeing it all the way through was the other night when it first started streaming!  (And I've watched it once again already, with plans to watch it again tonight too! Hahah)  So awesome, glad you got to watch it too!!!!

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 31, 2011, 06:54 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on Jul 31, 2011, 06:30 PM

Wow, you said it!!!  That describes it perfectly!!!  It's definitely one of my favorites now also-- my first time seeing it all the way through was the other night when it first started streaming!  (And I've watched it once again already, with plans to watch it again tonight too! Hahah)  So awesome, glad you got to watch it too!!!!

This is what I mentioned I had on DVD that I suggested to ya woody, glad you liked it and that's cool they put it up. Here's the DVD if anyone's interested:
http://www.amazon.com/Concert-Bangladesh-George-Harrison/dp/B000AYQJ3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312161566&sr=8-1
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

woodnymph

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jul 31, 2011, 09:21 PM
This is what I mentioned I had on DVD that I suggested to ya woody, glad you liked it and that's cool they put it up. Here's the DVD if anyone's interested:
http://www.amazon.com/Concert-Bangladesh-George-Harrison/dp/B000AYQJ3I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312161566&sr=8-1
I remembered someone had mentioned it, but I didn't check back in the thread and I forgot who!  Great recommend indeed, it's such a solid flick!  Thanks for the amazon link too, I'll need to get this sometime for sure!!!

headhunter

Hey Woody (and other George fans) ...
in case you haven't yet seen the trailer for the New GH documentary

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2011/08/scorsese-directed-george-harrison-documentary-gets.html
was some shakin' and some record playin'

woodnymph

Just watched it the other day, thank you for sharing!

I tried to share it on here but got ridiculously hung up trying to put a good picture in my message, then I got sidetracked looking at pictures, then it never happened hahah  so thanks for posting!  :P :P