Slow Slow Tune

Started by megalicious, May 23, 2011, 05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megalicious

NPR's stream popped my Circuital cherry. I couldn't resisit. Anyway...

Holyeffincrap "Slow Slow Tune" is the JAM. I want this on a 45. Makes me think of sweaty dances in the junior high gym with some teacher busting your game by separating you and your young love, telling you to leave room for Jesus...

Can't wait to head to Oz (our local record shop) and buy my copy just so I can listen to this song on repeat because OH MY GOD.

Anyone else feeling it?
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

patrickbateman

Yep it's pretty badass.

Love Jim's vocals on this track.

Nikkogino

I agree....I love how the guitars bust in at 2:41.  It doesn't get any better.

Randall

After hearing all the songs 1 time (except for Circuital - been playing it a lot since it was released) this is my favorite.

chaqueta sucia

firesofcanning

Quote from: Nikkogino on May 23, 2011, 06:09 PM
I agree....I love how the guitars bust in at 2:41.  It doesn't get any better.

might be my favourite part of the album.
[url="//twitter.com/firesofcanning"]twitter.com/firesofcanning[/url]

gardenparty

My favorite on the album

e_wind

its pretty amazing. my favorite lyrics on the album. probably my favorite all around but I also really love the day is coming
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

wakebord

best song on the album.  going to be an awesome live song.  carl and jimbo will hit those guitar solos eventually and extend this baby out.  love everything about it.

Clarkwork

Really loving this song and can't wait to hear it live!  The guitar tone on this one is classic. Just love it. Would be great for them to do an extended jam on this one.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Jackets N Pones

I am also loving this track. I wonder if MOF's "Slow Down Jo" was any kind of inspiration?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

woodnymph

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on May 30, 2011, 10:31 PM
I am also loving this track. I wonder if MOF's "Slow Down Jo" was any kind of inspiration?

That thought has also crossed my mind!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

walterfredo

best new tune of the night tonight!!  This one has serious potential to really go somewhere live.  Great freaking song!

johnnYYac

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 01, 2011, 12:12 AM
best new tune of the night tonight!!  This one has serious potential to really go somewhere live.  Great freaking song!
Amen.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

That reminds me.  Some of the big guitar sounds were really great on the audio tonight.  Piercing in just the right way. 
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Dillsnufus

i would love this to be in rock band.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

poochismyhomeboy

Climax of the album, fersher.

Luckily they give us Movin Away so that our heart rates can return to normal.
::)
Forecastle '12 & NFF '12

Im The Dude

Quote from: BH on Jun 01, 2011, 12:44 AM
That reminds me.  Some of the big guitar sounds were really great on the audio tonight.  Piercing in just the right way.

I agree at times it got alot louder which was bad at all.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Running Oz

So I'm listening to Circuital while running along the Ohio on the Flood Wall this afternoon and when Slow Slow Tune stated I stopped to take in the sounds and the surroundings.  Carl's solo after the break from "Radiate the Gold" may very well be the most perfectly placed and played solo of all time, but I am extremely biased on that song.  ::)  I think it's been mentioned on the board here somewhere that SST is similar to Pearl Jam's Come Back, which is another huge favorite of mine, except that McCready (in my humble opinion) holds back purposely on a huge solo after the second verse if favor of a bit of finger picking because the lyrics tell of restraint and of a longing that can't be fulfilled which a nice bluesy solo would have done.  Here Carl is in fact able to radiate gold outta that Les Paul because that's where the song is leading, simply amazing!
Is there a Doctor in the house tonight?
Waterfront Park '08, KFC Yum Center '10, The Palace '11

CTdeadhead

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 01, 2011, 12:12 AM

THIS!!