MMJ Ciruital Unstaged May 31st Roll Call (and chat room thread?)

Started by johnnYYac, May 25, 2011, 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
3. Koehler...I wish Christina Hendricks was watching with me though
4. Sticky Icky Mother Fucking Green Stuff
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
8. br00ke (if not @ phish.  bitchin' back up plan!)
9. kotchishm +3 converted roommates
10. caseydog + other mmj rabids (@ a fine Milwaukee establishment)
11. crooney
12.  mahg33ta (possibly @ a local viewing party, or not.  but watching either way)
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

tdb810

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
12.  mahg33ta (possibly @ a local viewing party, or not.  but watching either way)
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb

.....Back at the Model Home

jordan

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan

Dillsnufus

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
23. scosby2
24. Dillsnufus
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

bigkidfallsdown.com

Hoping to stream through the apple tv.

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

johnnYYac

Here's the latest info on the webcast.  I doubt you'll be able to get the stream to work on any TV or BluRay device, except with a direct feed from a laptop to TV monitor.

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/circuital/unstaged/faq.html

Catch the event here:
www.youtube.com/mymorningjacketVEVO
as it happens live at 9:00pm EST / 6:00pm PST
on Tuesday, May 31st.

HOW TO VIEW MY MORNING JACKET'S "UNSTAGED" EVENT

For the first time in American Express "Unstaged" history, you will be able to live-stream the My Morning Jacket event through your mobile device. Using the VEVO or YouTube apps for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Android you can stream through the mobile device of your choice.

Here are some end user guidelines to follow for viewing on your home computer:

What are the system requirements to view the live stream?

PC Requirements:
• Intel® Pentium® 4 2.4GHz or Intel Core 1.6GHz (SSE2-enabled processor required for AMD systems) or higher
• Microsoft Windows® XP with Service Pack 2 or newer
• 512MB of RAM
• Graphics card with 28MB of RAM.
• 50MB of available hard-disk space for installation
• Microsoft DirectX-compatible sound card and display adapter
• Adobe Flash Player 10.1 or newer

Mac Requirements:
• Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
• Safari 4 or Firefox 3 browser or higher
• Any Mac with Intel CPU
• 512MB of RAM (recommended but not required)
• Flash Player 10.1 or higher

What are the minimum bandwidth requirements for the viewer?
You will need a broadband connection such as DSL or cable with at least 500Kbps download bandwidth.

What software do I need to view a live stream?
You only need an Adobe Flash video player available at www.adobe.com. If you have Flash 10.1 installed but are unable to see a stream, try turning off video hardware acceleration: right-click on the video window and select "settings," then un-check "enable hardware acceleration" in the Settings tab. Close the settings window and re-load the web page.

How do I get the live stream and video to play?
The live stream will load automatically and deliver the video to you much like watching television.

How do I know which stream option to select?
The live stream is "encoded" in different sizes to accommodate all users and remove any guesswork on your end. The AEG Digital Media video player will automatically detect your connection speed and deliver to your PC or Mac the most appropriate stream to optimize your viewing experience.

Can I stream at full screen?
Yes simply click the TV icon to render a full screen stream and click the Esc key to return to standard viewing.

Is the live stream in HD?
Yes if you have an adequate internet connection you will automatically be streaming in HD. Sit back and enjoy.

Nothing happens when I click on an event.
Your browser may be blocking pop-ups. Be sure you allow pop-up windows to be opened from your domain.

I can't watch any live video. What should I do?
Ensure that you have a broadband Internet connection (cable modem or DSL). You will not be able to watch the video without a broadband connection. If you have Flash 10.1 installed but you only see black where the video should be, try turning off video hardware acceleration: right-click on the video window and select "settings," then un-check "enable hardware acceleration" in the Settings tab. Close the settings window and re-load the web page.

What if my stream disconnects?
Try closing your browser and reloading the stream. For best experience limit any additional web traffic while watching live events – downloading a large file can cause problems with the live video feed.

Why hasn't the event started yet?
Double check the start time and ensure you are adjusting for different time-zones correctly. If an event starts at 9pm in New York (ET) it will be online at 6pm Local Time in California (PT)

www.mymorningjacket.com

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

scosby2

Quote from: bigkidfallsdown.com on May 29, 2011, 01:36 AM
Hoping to stream through the apple tv.

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
23. scosby2

i'll def be here...and there

DaFunkyPrecedent

I work at a music venue in Durango Colorado where we have a pull down screen.  We'll be streaming this event LIVE for the whole town to come watch.  I only expect at least 20 - 30 people to show up.  I mean, if it were Phish or Umphrey's McGee...that would be different.

At our event, we're teaming up with Southwest Sound (local record store) where they'll be selling the new album in both vinyl and cd format.  We'll also be giving away Red Rocks tickets and other prizes. 

All night long we'll have Kentucky Whiskey on special!!! 

I'm really honored to be able to be apart of this event and help promote a band and a group of artist who have given me so much in my life.  I just hope people pop their head in and see the magic.
God damn those shaky knees.

CC

Hey guys, there will be a special chat room on the YouTube page during the webcast.

http://www.youtube.com/mymorningjacketVEVO

Too many cool things to miss if you have to keep switching screens,
this way you can all talk and keep your eyes on the webcast at all times.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

bigkidfallsdown.com

See you all there - here - out there somewhere...this will be amazing!
11.10.07 Knoxville, TN • Bonnarroo '08 • MoF 10.31.09 Louisville, KY • 8.17.10 Chicago, IL

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: CC Baxter on May 30, 2011, 01:00 AM
Hey guys, there will be a special chat room on the YouTube page during the webcast.

http://www.youtube.com/mymorningjacketVEVO

Too many cool things to miss if you have to keep switching screens,
this way you can all talk and keep your eyes on the webcast at all times.

hell fuckin yes.  tonight is going to be a seriously legendary internet event.

the_wizzard

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
23. the_wizzard

Having a bitch of a time getting our Macbook linked up to our HDTV.  We have tried so many configurations using a DVI to HDMI cable.  We have been doing dry runs all weekend with other Youtube live events and all is well for about 5 minutes.  Then our laptop screen (and subsequently our tv screen) goes blue.  Sound still streams fine through our stereo.  Just a glitch with the video.  We have hooked this macbook up to a monitor in the past with no issues (I think we used a DVI to VGA cable though).  Any suggestions? 

Seeker

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
23. the_wizzard
24. Seeker

Guess I'll be recording the NBA Finals to watch later!

That chat room will be in front of everyone in the world who watches, right? If so chat could be pretty cluttered tomorrow. Will going full screen on the video feed eliminate it?

I guess if I can't stream this on the TV through my blu ray player, a laptop with headphones will be OK. 

lucylew

1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
23. the_wizzard
24. Seeker
25. Indifference Maker +1
26. Lucylew

Will be hooking the laptop up to the big screen and inviting friends family over for the show.  Was planning on doing a Louisville inspired dinner for the group until two things occurred to me:  1) what the hell would be on the menu (hot browns and mint juleps?) and 2) I'll be in the kitchen instead of rocking the fuck out.

The group will be getting KFC and Maker's Mark!

e_wind

Quote from: the_wizzard on May 30, 2011, 01:27 PM
1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
23. the_wizzard

Having a bitch of a time getting our Macbook linked up to our HDTV.  We have tried so many configurations using a DVI to HDMI cable.  We have been doing dry runs all weekend with other Youtube live events and all is well for about 5 minutes.  Then our laptop screen (and subsequently our tv screen) goes blue.  Sound still streams fine through our stereo.  Just a glitch with the video.  We have hooked this macbook up to a monitor in the past with no issues (I think we used a DVI to VGA cable though).  Any suggestions?

I know its a rough process. I have similar trouble, but in the past I did have a bitchin set up that worked perfectly. I'm going to text my brother. What kind of TV will you be using, that will effect the answer... also you might try posting something on the mac forums
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

darkglow

Quote from: e_wind on May 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
23. the_wizzard

I know its a rough process. I have similar trouble, but in the past I did have a bitchin set up that worked perfectly. I'm going to text my brother. What kind of TV will you be using, that will effect the answer... also you might try posting something on the mac forums

macbook pro with a mini dv to HDMI converter to my 46 inch sharp LCD.. easy as that..

i am expecting 2 friends over and maybe my neighbors.. but they don't really know anything about MMJ but wouldnt miss out on some good BBQ and some hooch..

will have my imac desktop on the other side of the living room to monitor the youtube chat room and skype with kydiddle.. we should set up a tinychat.com chat room so we can all do webcam video conferencing or something

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I also have an HDMI question.  I'm just using a straight from laptop HDMI to tv HDMI and it works alright but the sound gets all scratchy and nasty randomly.  any idea what I'm doing wrong?

the_wizzard

Quote from: e_wind on May 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
1. johnnYYac
2. capt.
5. subinai
6. Haldon
7. Penny
11. crooney
13. Goldeneagle
14. ynwa
15. ky
16. Crispy
17. Headhunter
18. Dan & j_rud
19.tdb810
20. 8bobbyb
21. jordan
22. bkfd
23. the_wizzard

Oh man, any help would be greatly appreciated!  We have a MacBook (vs. MacBook Pro) and we are using this to connect to our Panasonic 46" Plasma.  We are using one cable (mini dvi on one end plugged into the MacBook running to the TV and plugging into a HDMI port on the tv) and a wireless connection.....