Main Menu

lp article

Started by kydiddle, Jun 09, 2011, 06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

johnnYYac

Nice piece.  I find her work utterly charming.  That she shows up in this here forum from time to time is nice, too.  Thanks for the article link.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bunk_moreland

Very nice.  Just another glimpse into what I feel like is the band's most personal record to date.  I don't know about the rest of you fans in the 502, but this album makes me feel particularly proud of the guys.  It's possible that some people outside the Bluegrass might start to grow weary of hearing about the sweaty church gym, but I was excited to know the guys were working it out and laying it down right here in town and then when the album arrived and I got a look at the fold out with all the behind the scenes shots, I got goosebumps.  I will never be able to listen to this record without thinking of the story of this record. 
From reading so many posts in this forum, I realize that we as fans are always comparing MMJ to MMJ and I've decided to stop doing that.  I'm no longer interested in ranking Circuital as it compares to Z or At Dawn or Evil Urges or It Still Moves or The Tennessee Fire.  I've decided I don't need to figure which is "best".  But Circuital is definitely, for this Louisville Metro-area fan, the most "special".
"I just saw My Morning Jacket--They blew my pants off!" - Jimmy Fallon

kydiddle

Quote from: bunk_moreland on Jun 09, 2011, 10:30 PM
Very nice.  Just another glimpse into what I feel like is the band's most personal record to date.  I don't know about the rest of you fans in the 502, but this album makes me feel particularly proud of the guys.  It's possible that some people outside the Bluegrass might start to grow weary of hearing about the sweaty church gym, but I was excited to know the guys were working it out and laying it down right here in town and then when the album arrived and I got a look at the fold out with all the behind the scenes shots, I got goosebumps.  I will never be able to listen to this record without thinking of the story of this record. 
From reading so many posts in this forum, I realize that we as fans are always comparing MMJ to MMJ and I've decided to stop doing that.  I'm no longer interested in ranking Circuital as it compares to Z or At Dawn or Evil Urges or It Still Moves or The Tennessee Fire.  I've decided I don't need to figure which is "best".  But Circuital is definitely, for this Louisville Metro-area fan, the most "special".

Nice. They want their fans to evolve with them, too, I'm sure. They don't want to constantly hear us griping that "the new album sounds nothing like ISM." Blah blah.

Loving your profile pic, my friend. Ron Swanson is one of the greatest characters on TV.

And JY....lp is a great lady and I love her writing....I understand her unwillingness to write about the band, but oh how I wish she would write more...
Cow temperature.

lp

hey - i just saw this. thanks so much for posting. i don't promote the column much (bec most of the time it's pretty crappy, i confess), but i'm glad you guys enjoyed this one.

also, johnnyyyyyyy, i replied to your pm thing but i don't see it in the sent folder so who knows if it ever got there. internets be weird sometimes.

Jon T.

Quote from: lp on Jun 10, 2011, 07:47 PM
hey - i just saw this. thanks so much for posting. i don't promote the column much (bec most of the time it's pretty crappy, i confess), but i'm glad you guys enjoyed this one.

also, johnnyyyyyyy, i replied to your pm thing but i don't see it in the sent folder so who knows if it ever got there. internets be weird sometimes.

I 2nd the pm issue. Had happened to me several times.

woodnymph

Quote from: Jon T. on Jun 10, 2011, 08:26 PM

I 2nd the pm issue. Had happened to me several times.

I've got a random interjection!!  --you now have to specifically check the box next to "Save a copy of this message to your Outbox" or some-such, or else it's gone with the wind...  not sure if that's any help in solving the mystery  ???
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

kydiddle

Thank YOU for sharing some of your thoughts/experiences with the band....it was a treat!

P.S....also enjoyed TTT's fan interview on the Steam Engine....you have a very funny guy there!
Cow temperature.

johnnYYac

Hey Linda, got it and thanks.  So, how about an Omnichord article?  ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.